Dictionary for Newbies!

diamondangel

BTD Crown Jewel
This thread is dedicated to the newbies who have just joined, and for the lurkers who are thinking about joining, but have absolutely no clue what we're talking about!

Regulars and old timers: please don't go off topic on this thread; however, please feel free to add onto this list!

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*] [color:''purple''] EC: Emerald cut
RB: Round Brilliant
OMC: Old mine cut
OEC: Old european cut
Bump: to move a thread back up into view again, such as when someone is selling a piece of jewelry and they ''bump it'' so people know its still available
LMAO/LMHO: Laughing my a$$/hiney off...usually accompanied by ROTF (rolling on the floor)
LOL: Laughing out loud
Artemis:

Cartier or Cartier repro:

Illustrious:

Takara: ''hot house'' diamonds...they're grown in a lab instead of the ground, but are real diamonds that come in scrumptious colors! [/list]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cricketgrrl

BTD Crown Jewel
Great idea, DA. You've covered the well-used and important ones. Here's some "chatty" ones that took me a while to understand...
:

<span style="font-weight: bold">[color:"purple"] SIL: sister-in-law
MIL: mother-in-law
FIL: father-in-law
DH: dear/darlin' husband OR it may be dreadful husband.

FI: fiance
DD: dear/darling daughter

[/color]</span>

MrsE

The Imperial Diamond
LMHO: I mean Laughing my Head off when I use that!

DH is not always "Dear husband" it could mean he needs to wear a condom on his head.

Foot Enema - when someone needs to have their hiney kicked!

TC-Tiffany Cathedral

DT - DON'T TALK!!!!!!!!

One question: What is an e-ring? I have seen that one a lot and was just curious what exactly that means! I like this dictionary! I hate to admit it, but I didn't know a few of those!

AA - An e-ring is an engagement ring, often purchased by a DFH (darling future hubby)

Thanks so much for starting this for we neewbies. Most are very obvious, but we feel really stupid on the ones we didn't get. For me it was the OEC--I had thought it was a brand or something. Again, thanks.

Teri

Connoisseur
I am glad that Cricketgrrl told us to come here!!
I know most of the "slang" but what is DF??
From what I get from above it might mean dear fiance??

Don't forget.....
WTH= What the he!! or heck
IMHO= In my humble opinion
DS= Dear Son

gemcat

Super Moderator
I have a request, please. Everyone who posts has a word or a phrase under the name, i.e "anythingartzy" has Omniscient under hers. What do these words mean? Are they assigned or does the poster chose them?

grigsby72

BTD Crown Jewel
From the BTD FAQS &lt;img src=''http://talk.jewelry/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/graemlins/default/smile.gif'' alt='''' /&gt;

''Everyone has a title within the forum. You will notice them below the Username in each post. Some titles are automatically assigned based on the number of posts a user has made, and some titles are assigned by the forum owner to denote official representatives of the company or other VIPs in the forums.

Curious 25
Smitten 50
Craving 100
Fiend 200
Ashaholic 400
Afficionado 700
Mentor 1200
Connoisseur 2500
Omniscient 3250
The Pink Orchid 4000
The Black Orlov 5000
The Florentine Diamond 6000
The Imperial Diamond 7000
The Millenium Star 8000
The Centenary Diamond 9000
The Incomparable Diamond 10000
BTD Crown Jewel''

gemcat

Super Moderator
Thanks, Kimie. I appreciate the education. I guess I'll just have to work on my number of posts, huh?

MrsE

The Imperial Diamond
From the BTD FAQS

"Everyone has a title within the forum. You will notice them below the Username in each post. Some titles are automatically assigned based on the number of posts a user has made, and some titles are assigned by the forum owner to denote official representatives of the company or other VIPs in the forums.

Curious 25
Smitten 50
Craving 100
Fiend 200
Ashaholic 400
Afficionado 700
Mentor 1200
Connoisseur 2500
Omniscient 3250
The Pink Orchid 4000
The Black Orlov 5000
The Florentine Diamond 6000
The Imperial Diamond 7000
The Millenium Star 8000
The Centenary Diamond 9000
The Incomparable Diamond 10000
BTD Crown Jewel"
Hey Kimie...I just noticed yours says Centenary Diamond but it should say Millenium Star still??? WHat happened? That's wierd???

*dang, hit edit instead of quote
Sorry MrsE