Cushion question

Hi Ladies, please help me out.

I just purchased a 2ct cushion Asha loose stone. I currently have a 2ct princess(7mm) interlap that is set. Do stones tend to look smaller when they aren't set? The Asha appears to be smaller. Thanks in advance

ladyvictoria

The Florentine Diamond
The cushion has more rounded corners, which might explain why it looks smaller, but both of those stones are deeper cuts, therefore looking smaller than say a 2ct rb(8mm). I find that most stones tend to look larger when set.

The stones are measured from flat side to flat side, so the princess will look bigger since the corners are sharp. So across the diagonal the princess is probably 8mm or so. I think that's what it is anyway...I have both stones in the 7mm size and the princess looks noticably larger.

Is this the case w/ the flanders too?
The stones are measured from flat side to flat side, so the princess will look bigger since the corners are sharp. So across the diagonal the princess is probably 8mm or so. I think that's what it is anyway...I have both stones in the 7mm size and the princess looks noticably larger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi VW, I was thinking in relation to the 2ct princess - would a 3ct look the same - I am going to have a ring made...I like the size of my 2ct princess but have chosen to go with the cushion but the 2ct cushion is just not the same size as you've and others also noted. I'm thinking of going w/ the 3ct cushion.

also any ladies have a 2ct cushion ring that is set that you can post for me (hand pics) thanks so much again

More like a 2ct 8mm round.

Last edited by a moderator:

ladyvictoria

The Florentine Diamond
To me, it's kind of like comparing apple to oranges, but I'd say, yes, it's pretty close to the size of a 7mm princess, but perhaps just a tad larger.