Curing the Cushion Confusion

Wink

The Imperial Diamond
I have taken many pictures in the past two days, and these will be of interest to you cushion lovers.

There are so many choices that we were ordering what people told us to order, and then getting yelled at because they were not what was wanted. (Hey, you don't think I am going to admit to ordering the wrong stone do you???)

LOL, I am a little punchy this evening, I hope you all know I am laughing and smiling to myself as I write that silliness above, I would of course admit it if I had done it, but I am sure I didn't, I think, sigh.

Anyway, we have the Cushion, the Cartier Cushion, the Antique Cushion (also called the Antique Princess Cushion) and the REctangular Cushion. I was so afraid of mixing them up and being forever darned that I only took one out of the paper at a time and then combined them all into a picture. Here is the composite.

Wink

Attachments

Wink

The Imperial Diamond
It will be some time, probably after Christmas before all of these options are up on the new site. So if you want one you will have to call 1 800 524-7904. I know that we have at least one 8mm of each in stock, and of course the 10 x 8 rectangular one. If you call too late for the one you want, it's okay, we will order more...

Wink

2423kids

Connoisseur
Well done Wink!

Now let me add to the confusion with my questions.
Can the Rectangular Cushion be done both in the "Cartier Cushion" cut and the "Antique Cushion" (Antique Princess Cushion)cut? And what is the "Antique Cartier Cushion" cut that I hear members talking about? Is it the "Cartier Cushion" or is it the "Antique Cushion" or is it something all together different? Okie Dokie --- now I'm totally confused AGAIN! LOLOLOL HELP!
Deb

Last edited by a moderator:

moissfan

The Black Orlov
Mucho thanks, Wink!!
I had been hoping that somehow a pic of all these cuts could be assembled together so that we cushion lovers could more easily compare the merits of each cut-and then, today, I open this thread to find this wonderful gift!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

diamondangel

BTD Crown Jewel
Who's on first?

Oh, I know...we should put pics of the OEC and OMC with those! This way people can clearly see the difference in the faceting. That quesion comes up quite frequently.

Awsome Wink!! I've been debating between the cushion and Cartier cushion, but could never really see the two side by side. OK, now the problem is...I want them both!!

moissfan

The Black Orlov
Oh, I think that was all part of Wink's scheme!
He knows we sparklie fiends all too well--post it and they will come!!

Thank so much for the pictures Wink, it really does help to see the difference when compared side-by-side like that.

we should put pics of the OEC and OMC with those!
Oh please, please, please, I've wondered what the difference between the OEC, the OMC, and the cartier cushion is, it would be awesome see all three together.

Wink

The Imperial Diamond
Awsome Wink!! I've been debating between the cushion and Cartier cushion, but could never really see the two side by side. OK, now the problem is...I want them both!!
And this is a problem, HOW?

You will be adorned, resistance is futile!

Wink

Wink

The Imperial Diamond
Well done Wink!

Now let me add to the confusion with my questions.
Can the Rectangular Cushion be done both in the "Cartier Cushion" cut and the "Antique Cushion" (Antique Princess Cushion)cut? And what is the "Antique Cartier Cushion" cut that I hear members talking about? Is it the "Cartier Cushion" or is it the "Antique Cushion" or is it something all together different? Okie Dokie --- now I'm totally confused AGAIN! LOLOLOL HELP!
Deb
Some people call the Cartier Cushion the Antique Cartier Cushion, no confusion there. As to whether or not the rectangular stones can be done in the Cartier and antique versions, I have no idea and will have to ask Mr. Tanakieti, but I will only bother him this time of year if I have serious interest in having a stone cut in this version.

Wink

Wink, please pardon me for butting in, but I thought we needed a couple of extra photos in this thread, specificially:

OLD EUROPEAN CUT:

And

OLD MINE CUT:

Thankies!

Jen 8)