Cravings!!!

I just had a bowl of mashed potatoes with salt and pepper on them. I am craving mashed potatoes, and earlier I was craving salisbury steaks... well in the beginning it was anything to do with meat, lol. I have been craving cherry flavored popsicles, and Red Diamond iced tea, but with crushed ice. I am probably craving ice too, lol.

nabi

The Black Orlov
i get killer cravings for watermelon all the time lol

during my pregnancy with my son i craved random weird stuff, like macaroni and cheese with ranch dressing ... boiled eggs with catalina dressing ... lots of different fruits

with my daughter, i think there were two weeks straight wherein i ate AT LEAST a whopper a day ... some days two or three *bleh* i kept them down, too lol

... which is why i need to head over to the health/fitness forum lol

Lol that cracked me up about the whoppers, xD

I do crave lots of different fruit too. Mainly nectarines though, those are mine and my Moms favorite fruits. I love peaches too. Watermelon is sounding pretty good right now.

Wow I can't wait to have this child so I can go back to my one meal a day! Lol! Gotta fit into that Reem Acra wedding dress somehow... hehehe.

Somehow I missed the entire craving thing during pregnancy. I had one night where I HAD to have a piece of chocolate, but that was it!

Good luck on your pregnancy!

I craved beef for about a month when I was around 3 months pregnant. Then I craved milkshakes during my middle trimester and made my own at home. Either chocolate peanut butter or chocolate raspberry made with Hersheys syrup and frozen berries. Gosh they were delicious!

My sister especially craved oranges and Ding Dongs. She could eat 3 or 4 Ding Dongs a day if she didn't limit herself to two. Luckily even eating Ding Dongs daily, she didn't gain much weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
During my entire pregnacy I craved taco smell (bell). I ate tacos for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I also craved bombpop (the red, white, and blue ones). It is funny now because my daughter is two and all she wants to eat is meat and cheese. That is all she asks for .....Mommee, I wont meat and cheeze.

I crave food!!!!!!! I have been trying to drop some pounds and I am always hungry. Specifically I want carbs. Mashed potatoes with butter, Pasta with olive oil and cream sauce instead of just diced tomatoes. Pizza, pizza, pizza! It's getting to the point of me shooting dirty looks at anyone who is eating. lol

Dana ♥

The Centenary Diamond
not pregnant, but the only thing ever really truly crave is the dipping sauce that comes with the tempura at my favourite sushi restaurant.
i have no idea what's in it, but it is so good.

also, all the foods my mom craved when she was pregnant? i can't stand them.

Michelle said:
Somehow I missed the entire craving thing during pregnancy. I had one night where I HAD to have a piece of chocolate, but that was it!

Good luck on your pregnancy!
Thank you! So far it has been way more than I went through with Dakota's pregnancy. I am hoping the morning sickness will mean I won't have the diabetes and the toxemia this time around. =)

tncosby said:
During my entire pregnacy I craved taco smell (bell). I ate tacos for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I also craved bombpop (the red, white, and blue ones). It is funny now because my daughter is two and all she wants to eat is meat and cheese. That is all she asks for .....Mommee, I wont meat and cheeze.
That is hilarious! I have been craving mexican food like mad, and Josh says that is perfect, because he looooooves mexican food. I think more than anything else. Including pizza. Which is amazing, him being 21 and all. Lol... everyone said I robbed the cradle, him being that young, and I will be 27 this year, hahaha. xD

Alexgem7777 said:
I crave food!!!!!!! I have been trying to drop some pounds and I am always hungry. Specifically I want carbs. Mashed potatoes with butter, Pasta with olive oil and cream sauce instead of just diced tomatoes. Pizza, pizza, pizza! It's getting to the point of me shooting dirty looks at anyone who is eating. lol
That is hilarious! I know that I read somewhere that if you are craving lots of carbs and bread products, that means that you aren't eating anywhere near enough, because you have to make up for the calories that you aren't consuming. Before I became pregnant, I really could just eat one meal a day, and it was usually dinner. That isn't healthy, but it is how I have maintained a pretty average weight so far.

Aurora

Connoisseur
With both pregnancies, the things I loved most made me the sickest lol....coffee, garlic, Thai food, citrus fruits, and many nuts.

With son #1 I developed a taste for creamy ~ started liking mayo (always hated previously) in sandwiches and in spreads/dips, etc. Wanted potatoes (dislike them), eggs, pasta, broccoli, cabbage, and wanted chicken chicken chicken from the 5th month on. I was shocked as to how much I liked egg salad sandwiches, potato salad, and biscuits n-gravy... definitely LOVED anything with dill in it too!

With son #2 I wanted SPICY ~ Indian food, Mexican food (still no Thai food haha), as long as there was no garlic involved. Tomatoes, cheese and beef & fish were dominant in the second pregnancy ~ didn't want creamy anymore. And I had to watch pastries ~ I had a psychotic attraction to almond filled croissants... So weird!

Strangely enough, both kids still like the same (and opposite) foods!
And although I hate potatoes again, I now have a taste for mayonnaise, unfortunately!

erised

Connoisseur
when i was preggie with DD, i couldn't eat beef. and i love red meat. love steaks, and pasta with bolognese sauce. i couldn't touch the stuff. plus all i wanted was spicy! i'm korean, so i already have a taste for spicy food, but lord, i was nuts when i was pregnant. i was dousing everything with this habanero chili paste that my friends got for me from jamaica. went through an entire bottle in less than a month. i ate raw bird peppers (the little hot green peppers they use in thai and indian cooking). couldn't get enough. oddly enough, i never got heartburn.

MrsW

The Millenium Star
erised said:
when i was preggie with DD, i couldn't eat beef. and i love red meat. love steaks, and pasta with bolognese sauce. i couldn't touch the stuff. plus all i wanted was spicy! i'm korean, so i already have a taste for spicy food, but lord, i was nuts when i was pregnant. i was dousing everything with this habanero chili paste that my friends got for me from jamaica. went through an entire bottle in less than a month. i ate raw bird peppers (the little hot green peppers they use in thai and indian cooking). couldn't get enough. oddly enough, i never got heartburn.
LOL I am getting heartburn just reading this description!

Oh man, my preggo cravings were baaaaaaddddd!!! Funny thing is, I worked at Red Robin (burger place) bartending and everything I craved was healthy and NOT something I could get there

Raspberries were my thing-I would drive from store to store if someplace was out of them and buy boxes at a time!

Watermelon and sliced cucumbers, juice, and fruit slushes too.

I had an ice maker and would just chew ice cubes (bad, I know!) towards the end.

Only really unhealthy craving was Dove unconditional chocolate ice cream.....man was that good

You know what the bad part was? Despite allllllll the healthy foods and working hard until due date, I ended up gaining almost 100 lbs! Turns out I have insulin resistance, which has more "power" the more you weigh. Once I got halfway through pregnancy I started gaining ridiculous amounts like 7 lbs per week!!! Grrrrrrrr

Oh my goodness! I know that this really doesn't go with cravings, but we decided on a name! If the baby is a boy, his name is going to be Damian Alexander. If the baby is another girl, the name will be Kaitlyn Alexandra.

=)

I know that Damian has had a lot of bad publicity because of the Omen movies, but I won't let that deter us! I love both names!