chellemom2 - Buyer Beware

This incident happened quite a while ago but I thought I'd do a write up in case this person is still defrauding others under a different name.

In the beginning of June 2014 I purchased a Morganite Eternity Band from user "chellemom2." http://diamondbistro.com/category/219/Co...-rose-gold.html
I paid $110 via Paypal to an account held by a Je**** H**selm**. On June 20, 2014 I was contacted by a Kelli (k******[email protected]) with the following message: "Upon inspection, one of the prongs on the band was loose so I took it to my jeweler for repair. The ring is back and looks beautiful. I was not comfortable sending it to you with the stone not being properly protected. I am terribly sorry for the issue, I should have examined the ring more closely. Since it was nearly new, I never would have thought to look for any issues."
I agreed to wait and she assured me that the ring would be sent out immediately; as of today, February 22, 2015, I have neither received the ring nor a tracking number or any information regarding its whereabouts. "Kelli" has not responded to a single e-mail I have sent since our exchange back in June 2014.

DiamondBistro admins alerted me to the fact that she used an alternate email to set up her account: sh***sh******[email protected]. It is
suspicious that her username suggests her name is "chelle," her log-in
email suggests it is "shelbs," her PayPal account is under "Jerome," and in
correspondence she signs "Kelli."

I dug a little deeper and it seems that jlh****[email protected] is yet another email address the seller is using, and that the photos were stolen from the following post on weddingbee.com: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/my-new-rose-gold-morganite-eternity-band-mixed-metal-bliss/. The post contains the same photos that were used in the listing, except that the original Weddingbee poster states that the band is a size 5, but the Bistro poster sold it as a size 8 and wrote that, as an eternity band, it cannot be sized.

Last edited by a moderator: