BTD return method?

Hi everyone!

I'm a recent lurker here trying to learn all I can about diamond alternatives. After seeing all the great info and pictures I've decided to take the plunge on an AG cushion. If for some unforeseen reason I didn't like the stone in person (what are the chances, right???) I noticed that BTD doesn't seem to like USPS as the policy states it will be an additional 1-2 weeks to process a refund if you use a USPS signature required method.

For the average Joe, I thought USPS is really the only method for sending loose stones, insured. My understanding is that UPS/Fedex won't insure loose stones for replacement value.

Am I missing something? How have others returned an item if they needed to? (it would be a $3k stone)

Hi jheartsparkle007,

I had to returned my mounted AG because I did not like the setting. I shipped it via UPS ground from CA to WA and costed me $60 for shipping and insurance. I had it insured for $5050. I guess it is better to be safe and have that piece of mind IMO.

Good luck!

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
iheartsparkle007 said:
Hi everyone!

I'm a recent lurker here trying to learn all I can about diamond alternatives. After seeing all the great info and pictures I've decided to take the plunge on an AG cushion. If for some unforeseen reason I didn't like the stone in person (what are the chances, right???) I noticed that BTD doesn't seem to like USPS as the policy states it will be an additional 1-2 weeks to process a refund if you use a USPS signature required method.

For the average Joe, I thought USPS is really the only method for sending loose stones, insured. My understanding is that UPS/Fedex won't insure loose stones for replacement value.

Am I missing something? How have others returned an item if they needed to? (it would be a $3k stone)
Hi IHeartSparkle,
UPS should let you insure - the difference is that since it is lab grown, they make an exception vs. their normal jewelry policy.

That said, based on CKP's comments, it seems it would be cheaper for you to email us and pay our shipping rates - i.e. we would then email you the UPS label since we get a discount on the shipping due to our volume vs. the regular 'at the counter' UPS rates.

Thus, lets test that out - assuming you order and want to return, please email and we'll calc our cost and you can enter a misc order for the cost of the label and we'll email you it as a PDF.

That way it's already setup and at a lower price than what you would have to pay.

Longer term, this is something we should try and automate actually to help those making returns.

Hope that helps,
Less

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. And thanks very much Less for your kind offer - I appreciate it! I already have one stone on the way and my eye on another. Hopefully I won't have to take you up on your offer but it's nice reassurance.