Ballroom videos of me...Mike and me to come next

MrsMike_C

The Florentine Diamond
When we posted pictures last year some of you asked for videos. I hope it's still OK that I post these. I already posted these on FB so if you have seen them already, I apologize. I wanted this to be of Mike and I dancing, but Mike's videos aren't back yet, so this is of my teacher and me. I will post videos of Mike and I as soon as they come in.

Smooth: http://www.youtube.com/user/arthurmurraylv#p/u/2/Nc0yQX3B5D8

Rhythm: http://www.youtube.com/user/arthurmurraylv#p/u/0/0Uf4RlcUNX8

These particular dances are for a scholarship competition. If you place 1st, 2nd or 3rd, you get money toward lessons. And because of that, the teacher is graded just as strongly as the student.

kangaroocrazy

The Florentine Diamond
Well holy smithereens woman!!!
Hot hot hot!! Thats all I can say!!

Oh and,..wow are you lucky to get your hubby to do that with you!!

MrsMike_C

The Florentine Diamond
Thank you so much!

I got 2nd place in the smooth ( don't know how much I won yet ) and 5th in rhythm. This was my first time and I've only been dancing a little over a year and a half, so I was beyond thrilled with both placements.

Lesa060

Connoisseur
wow you are so talented
beautiful. <span style="text-decoration: line-through"> Have you been dancing your entire life ?</span>

edit because I didn't read your response where you said you have only been dancing a year and a half. duh.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedRocks

Connoisseur
Very nice Jera! Any tips for beginners? My youngest (18) will be shortly starting ballroom dancing. You looked so lovely in the video
~Red

MrsMike_C

The Florentine Diamond
Thank you.

RedRocks, I really don't have any tips, other than to just jump into it with her whole heart. If she is like any of the other dancers I know, she will fall in love with it.

MrsMike_C

The Florentine Diamond
Cattrail said:
wow you are so talented
beautiful. <span style="text-decoration: line-through"> Have you been dancing your entire life ?</span>

edit because I didn't read your response where you said you have only been dancing a year and a half. duh.
LOL, that's Ok. I actually did do some ballet in my high school years, so technically I have had more dance than just the year and a half.

MrsGotRocks

The Imperial Diamond
Oh Jera, that is such wonderful dancing. You are a natural!! So lucky you have an equally talented hubby. Mine has two left feet, but I told him we are taking ballroom lessons once we retire.

I wonder if it's a Vegas thing in particular. My mom and a bunch of her friends take ballroom lessons as well, and they love it. Has the special shoes and all.

Congrats on the placements on both categories. What an accomplishment after only a year!

MrsMike_C said:
Cattrail said:
wow you are so talented

LOL, that's Ok. I actually did do some ballet in my high school years, so technically I have had more dance than just the year and a half.
I was thinking that you must have been dancing for years and years, too! Very impressive!

*ETA* Congrats on your win!

Cricketgrrl

BTD Crown Jewel
Wow! Amazing, after 1.5 years, only! I also *loved* how you and your instructor finished off each dance segment. So elegant, graceful, and showcased you, although it was clear the two of you were a team. I notice some of the others weren't nearly so gracious.
You two were positively fabu! Congrats!!!

Dana ♥

The Centenary Diamond
can i just say that i *loved* that the... judges? were in costumes!
i'm sure there was a reason, but in my mind i've decided that's just how those people dress, everyday.

also, total congrats on placing!

...and how *awkward* for those two ladies who both showed up in the yellow fringey dress!

RooGirl

BTD Crown Jewel
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!

You guys can really work a floor!!!!

You looked amazing Jera... congrats on placing too....

MrsMike_C

The Florentine Diamond
Thank you so much. It is really a lot of fun.

Dana, I'm sorry, I forgot to explain the costumes. At this particular competition, they always have a theme for one of the evenings. This year it was renaissance theme. Everyone dressed up, including the dancers. Those who weren't competing that night, got to stay in their Ren. stuff.