Asscher Cut for Asha

Less,

Are there any plans to make Asha stones available in the Asscher cut or is the stone not able to take the symmetry of this cut? If you can't make the Asha available in the Asscher, will you have larger Takara stones available? I believe I read on one of these threads that you wanted to concentrate on selling the larger size stones but I also read elsewhere that the largest lab-grown diamonds are in the 1.6 ct vicinity. Can you shed some light on this? Thanks!

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,
<br>Happy to give you some answers. We have done several fancy yellow Asscher Ashas (say that a few times quickly) in the past, including a 7ct custom one last year for a customer (we don't do custom cuts anymore though).
<br>That said, we are focused more on developing the Takara's than doing new offerings for the Asha - simple tradeoff that we only have so many resources to dedicate as a private company. The largest Takara's so far have finished at 1.20ct,though we expect those sizes to increase over time. You are correct that we are focusing on increasing overall size, though not at the expense of clarity.
<br>
<br>We'll also be doing a new Asscher prong head for Asschers (dual prongs at each corner) and will have a page just about the asscher cuts going up shortly as well.
<br>
<br>So, we're very focused on Asschers for Takara's, just not sure how big a total diamond and what color Takara you are after. You can email me privately about that if you like at [email protected]
<br>
<br>Hope that helps!
<br>Less

G

That's encouraging, but it makes sense from a business perspective. I think synthetics are going to revolutionize the diamond industry (it surely needs it!). It's simply a matter of time and technology catching up. I'm in the market for somewhere between a 2 - 3 carat ring. I blame Sex in the City for it. They profiled an asscher cut 3.3 carat ring for Sarah Jessica Parker's engagement. I've been hooked on the cut ever since. Since we're on the subject, any projections on when the colorless variety will be out? Not that the gold isn't stunning, it's perfect. Red would be a nice color too. Any chance of seeing red soon?

G

I believe that there are 2 types of customers.The ones interested in the ASHA and the ones leaning towards the Takara. I believe it would be a mistake to ignore the additional cuts for the Asha since that would be as much as ignoring the MANY customers that have bought the Asha.

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
good feedback about their being two types of customers. We aren't ignoring the asha, in fact, we are doing runs right now to try and get the larger pear cuts perfected b/c we get lots of requests for that.
<br>
<br>Because the takara is newer though, we are pushing harder on that so we can build up an adequate inventory, because we have very few takaras right now, and we have to worry a bit about being sold out come christmas time :)
<br>
<br>Also, speaking of asha, the hybrid gem structure for the Asha is now officially 'patent-pending', just got email confirmation from our IP lawyer today. We'll make the announcement shortly on the website.
<br>
<br>Best regards,
<br>Less

G

Re: Asscher double prong setting

Dear Less,

That is great that you are going to be offering a double prong setting for the asscher cut----will you be able to adapt the prongs for an emerald cut (which is what I am waiting for, happily of course)----I think the double prong will be very nice with the rectangular shape, or will you be offering a traditional basket setting for the emerald shapes. And have you posted any pear shapes as of yet. You have a very nice web site, by the way. Susanp