Asha princess 1 carat (5.5)?

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
peachesandcream said:
Does anyone know when the Asha princess 1 carat (5.5mm) will be restocked? I desperately need one to be replaced in my engagement ring.
Hi PeachesandCream,
I just checked and we only have 6mm and higher in the current coating run.

We may have some Amora Gem princess in that size this Fall if that is an alternative option for you?

Otherwise I don't think we will have another coating run until as late as January 2016 since this current run is pretty big.

Hope that helps,
Less

Last edited:
Hi Less

Thanks for your reply. Does the Amora size Gem princess 1 carat run the exact same size as the Asha 1 carat? I ask because my halo ring was made for the 5.5mm Asha and I had wanted to change to a smaller 5mm princess Asha and the jeweler said it couldn't fit in the prongs. I don't know if this would be the case with the Amora too?

Last edited by a moderator:

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
peachesandcream said:
Hi Less

Thanks for your reply. Does the Amora size Gem princess 1 carat run the exact same size as the Asha 1 carat? I ask because my halo ring was made for the 5.5mm Asha and I had wanted to change to a smaller 5mm princess Asha and the jeweler said it couldn't fit in the prongs. I don't know if this would be the case with the Amora too?
Hi PeachesandCream,
Without seeing your ring I couldn't say what would fit or not. However halos do require a lot more preciseness of fit.

You would need to focus on the mm dimensions to determine what would fit overall rather than the carat aspect. If you are able to purchase an Amora Gem that is in that range (lets say 5.4mm-5.70mm) then it should fit in (but confirm with your jeweler). Variations in depth are not as important as the outer mm dimensions.

Going .5mm smaller or larger can be tough depending on the setting style, with halos requiring more precision than standard prongs.

.25mm or so in either direction is usually not a problem.

Hope that helps,
Less

Last edited:
lessw said:
peachesandcream said:
Does anyone know when the Asha princess 1 carat (5.5mm) will be restocked? I desperately need one to be replaced in my engagement ring.
Hi PeachesandCream,
I just checked and we only have 6mm and higher in the current coating run.

We may have some Amora Gem princess in that size this Fall if that is an alternative option for you?

Otherwise I don't think we will have another coating run until as late as January 2016 since this current run is pretty big.

Hope that helps,
Less
SO just checking the 1.5ct (6.5mm) princess cuts Asha are in this run you talk about? Any ETA for these still, as it was mid July when i last asked the question.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: