Another new site for WinkCZ

Wink

The Imperial Diamond
Our most recent effort at upgrading our site was, well, a DISASTER.

I have just spent a lot of time working with Melissa and a brand new webmaster to create a brand new website that is due to go live in another few days.

I invite any and all of you to visit our site in progress and find anything that you can that is not working right so we can get it fixed before we go live.

Please visit here and let me know what you think, I think you will like it more than any thing we have ever done before.

Wink's new site

"Choose an Option" -- Once the user has chosen one, the rest of the dropdown list disappears. ????

I am looking at Round (the h&a round stone). Color and size work the same. Say, pick Amethyst color. Color then is set to Amethyst. Then, click the down arrow next to Amethyst, <span style="text-decoration: underline">you see only Choose Option and Amethyst, not the whole list</span>. Must click Choose Option to get the whole list of options back again. That's not typical.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wink

The Imperial Diamond
The way the shopping cart works is when you choose an option you are then going to be given only the size options that are actually available. This way there will be no more orders for items that we do not have. I think one of the options will have to be Custom cut sizes not and colors not in stock.

Sadly, that will be a little while down the road, but we are waiting for our first sample shipment from who we believe will be our new cutter. When I have a new cutter, and only then, can I open those options up.

Wink

Wink

The Imperial Diamond
huesohui said:
i think itd be great if there were handshots of the rings.
Actually, I agree with you. But, since I work here in Boise and Melissa in New Jersey, can you imagine how poorly those rings will look on my pinky?

Wink

I understand that the options are limited to available stock.

What I was saying is, once you pick one option, all of the other choices disappear. So if I pick Amethyst, then decide, No I want Colorless instead, I hit the dropdown, and those three original options should all still be shown there in the dropdown menu. Not just Amethyst.

Wink

The Imperial Diamond
Ah. I see. Okay, we are working on it now. By the way, I have a new assistant here in Boise who is just joining us in time to be inundated with work helping us to get this new site up.

Probably wondering what she let herself into.

I will ask her to come introduce herself when she has a moment. She is a member here.

Wink

Wink

The Imperial Diamond
Sadly, of course, I can not let her do hand shots of the rings that we make, because we try never to actually touch them with bare hands as we want to preserve the perfection of the polish.

We feel that the perfection of the polish is paramount to the happiness of our clients.

Wink

Sorry I had all ready logged off last night. It looks like amethyst, light pink, sunset pink, synthetic ruby, and synthetic sapphire all have a picture of the same purple round cut.

diamondangel

BTD Crown Jewel
huesohui said:
i think itd be great if there were handshots of the rings.
I think a possibility is when a client orders a ring, if they want to do a hand shot for us to share and it's a good quality picture, we may be able to include it on the page with the listing. Just a thought.

elf925

The Pink Orchid
Wink said:
Sadly, of course, I can not let her do hand shots of the rings that we make, because we try never to actually touch them with bare hands as we want to preserve the perfection of the polish.

We feel that the perfection of the polish is paramount to the happiness of our clients.

Wink
You could use gloves!!

diamondangel

BTD Crown Jewel
The new site is now LIVE! WOOHOO!!!

elf925 said:
Wink said:

Wink
You could use gloves!!
LOL...most of the rings won't fit past Wink's first knuckle on his pinkie finger. He's got great big bear paws! Typical of such a gentle bear.

Wink said:
The way the shopping cart works is when you choose an option you are then going to be given only the size options that are actually available. This way there will be no more orders for items that we do not have. I think one of the options will have to be Custom cut sizes not and colors not in stock.

Sadly, that will be a little while down the road, but we are waiting for our first sample shipment from who we believe will be our new cutter. When I have a new cutter, and only then, can I open those options up.

Wink
Any update on this sample shipment and whether or not you have found your new cutter? I have found myself all of a sudden wanting an asscher, and now there are none to be found.

diamondangel

BTD Crown Jewel
They may not be on the site, but this is what we have (color, size, and how many)

colorless 7 1
Colorless 8 1
Dark Yellow 11 1
Dark Yellow 12 1
Light Yellow 10 1
Syn. Sapphire 4 2

Thanks so much DA! I am hoping for 6 or 6.5mm. I don't know if I can handle a 7mm asscher. I have had a 7mm moissy OEC for well over a year and I just can not get used to the size. I don't know, maybe the asscher cz won't have as much presence due to the clearer nature of the stone and the step cut. What do you think?

I am still wondering though, if you guys have found a new cutter yet? I saw your octacz on the site and was also considering that cut, but there are none the size I am looking for.

diamondangel

BTD Crown Jewel
Not as of yet, but we're still holding onto hope.

Send me an email if you want to order the stone. If it's too big for you, send it back. Personally I think the asschers look better in the larger sizes.