Amora Gem vs Moissanite vs Lab Diamond vs Mined Diamond - video!

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,
GoodOldGold made this video comparing four major diamond/diamond alternatives. The winner in their opinion....I'll post at the bottom of this thread.
1 - Here's the video if you'd like to watch the whole thing.
http://instagr.am/p/Bl0-WMTHE_-/
or 2 - via photos:
The contenders:

And the Answers:

3 -Answer to GoodOldGold review:
If you didn't want to watch the video, the winner in terms of beauty per GoodOldGold was...the Amora Princess! :)

Note that we are no longer producing any Amora Fancy cuts, including our stunning princess - we're focusing entirely on the Amora Eternity HA. Thus, last call for the Amora Princess!

Amora Gem Inventory page

Best regards,
Less

Hi Less, is there any chance that you guys will go back to cutting more AVRs or AVCs later on? I'm still waiting for one that is about 7.8- 8mm, G-F color. Ideally I'd like to be able to order 2 to compare and pick out one that I like the most. That was the reason why I didn't put down the deposit for one when you offer the custom cutto order last year, but if that is the only way to get them now I'm happy do so, unless you guys plan to cut more in the future?
Thanks,
Leah

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Less, is there any chance that you guys will go back to cutting more AVRs or AVCs later on? I'm still waiting for one that is about 7.8- 8mm, G-F color. Ideally I'd like to be able to order 2 to compare and pick out one that I like the most. That was the reason why I didn't put down the deposit for one when you offer the custom cutto order last year, but if that is the only way to get them now I'm happy do so, unless you guys plan to cut more in the future?
Thanks,
Leah
HI Leah,
The only fancy cut I think we'd remotely consider in the future, and that would only be with a deposit down, would be AVR/OEC, simply because they would leverage off of the laser cut round rough we already have. (i.e. the same rough can be cut to either Eternity or AVR/OEC, since both are rounds but just different type of faceting).
AVC, etc. is definitely not something we would look at.
Most of the Amora's from the current rough are coming out E/F color, with only a few G...and we definitely can't guarantee what color a custom cut would result in. That was one reason we stopped custom cutting btw - people would put a deposit down, we would cut and then they would say they wanted say an E, but their stone came out an F so could we cut a new one, etc.
You can email us via the website if you are serious about an 8mm AVR/OEC as we have that size rough in progress now (finished laser cutting two weeks ago)...but would need to be this week or they'll all be cut to Eternity and next restock of rough in that size is not known yet.
Hope that helps,
Less