Amora Gem - The FAQ thread

I agree with the disappointment, but there are other vendors making all the other fancy cuts! True Gem Company, August Vintage Inc, Jewels by Grace, Love Affair Diamonds, JYB Jewels, Schubach's etc., all offer custom cutting for moissanite.
Happy New Year's, Miss Cassie!! Thanks for the info on the other companies. I think I've heard of two of them, but the rest are new to me, and I DO love to spend hours exploring jewelers and their websites! Thanks for the new names to be added to my personal file of websites.

I just ordered my first AG and am super anxious waiting for it, can’t wait to see it! How long on average did all of you wait for the ring to arrive?

I’ve waited 3 weeks already so just wondering!

Last edited:

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
I just ordered my first AG and am super anxious waiting for it, can’t wait to see it! How long on average did all of you wait for the ring to arrive?

I’ve waited 3 weeks already so just wondering!
Just to update - responded privately to CuriousJ but order times vary from same day to next day shipping for loose stones and overnight earrings, to 2 weeks - 4 weeks for most rings (depends on both ring complexity and which metal).

That said, CuriousJ - looking forward to you receiving your Amora ring and seeing it in person!
Best regards,
Less

Just to update - responded privately to CuriousJ but order times vary from same day to next day shipping for loose stones and overnight earrings, to 2 weeks - 4 weeks for most rings (depends on both ring complexity and which metal).

That said, CuriousJ - looking forward to you receiving your Amora ring and seeing it in person!
Best regards,
Less
Yes, thank you once again for your prompt reply Less! I appreciate it! :)

Less, I have a question for you, and I know you will answer it for me. For some reason, I just get into these fact finding missions from everything under the mood, and right now, the fact finding mission is my curiosity for knowing what the difference between a flawless and internally flawless diamond. The highest clarity rating for Amora Gem if Internally Flawless, and I've always wondered what the difference between the two was, so today, looked it up. I looked it up at the GIA and then saw a website called Blooming Beauty Ring said the only difference between the two was polishing facets. Internally Flawless have polishing lines on the outside of the diamond where Flawless diamonds don't. Can you explain the polishing thing to me, please. Does that mean Amora Gem Internally Flawless diamonds have some unpolished facets, and what does that mean for all the other diamonds and Amora Gems that aren't rated at the highest possible grade, do they have unpolished facets, too? More unpolished facets due to lower grading? Thanks in advance to answering my questions, Les.

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi DastardlyGal,
Internally flawless definitely does *not* mean there are some unpolished facets lol.
I talked to some of the graders at NAGL before about IF vs Flawless when we perfected the nano-polish - they basically said Flawless is effectively never given. One said in ten years at GIA they saw one, and only one, awarded Flawless.
So there isn't a clear standard as to what would make the difference. You are correct that it's supposed to be the polish level on the outside since IF means internals are 'perfect'.
Because we have the nanometric polish for the Amora, by rights, we have the closest to Flawless possible and that's why I was surprised Amora IF wouldn't be given "Flawless".
The main answer I got was that it basically is never awarded, so no matter how perfectly polished, they just don't give it b/c no one wants to grade it as 'perfect-perfect'.
Next time I talk to one of the graders I'll revisit this question though and see if I get any more info and let you know.
For now though summary is all facets on every Amora -IF ->SI2, are 100% polished with our nanometric polish, and the only reason the Amora IF's aren't graded Flawless is b/c Flawless is basically never awarded.
Hope that helps!

Oh, gosh, sorry for the typos!! Thanks for replying and answering my questions. You really educated me as I really had no idea about the GIA not giving ANY diamond a FL rating and other things you said. Thank you so much, and look forward to hearing any more info you can give me in the future. Some people scoff at me for spending time on forums such as this, but, I tell them, I love to learn new things I never knew existed or wanted to know more about, and everyone should learn as much as they can while they can. I appreciate everything you and your staff do. Thank you.