Amora Gem - The FAQ thread

#2
Most of the cuts say they are 749, but I've read 500/ct.
Is there a definitive cost?
More specifically, the oec.
Or are they 749/ct?
 

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
#3
avila05 said:
Most of the cuts say they are 749, but I've read 500/ct.
Is there a definitive cost?
More specifically, the oec.
Or are they 749/ct?
$500/ct is what we are shooting for on all cuts.

The $749 is a placeholder since the web page requires a single price, and was chosen assuming a 1.5ct which is the typical size.

We'll update pricing as we get closer to production though.

Best regards
Less
 
Last edited:
#4
Less--how long after the initial release of the Amora H&A, will you be releasing the 10mm size stone? I know that this is not a popular size, but I am setting up my ring with a 10mm Wink placeholder. Also, what about melee sizes--4mm for example. How long will those be? I'm also planning a 5 stone ring. Thanks Less.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

talk-admin

Administrator
Staff member
#5
Eleanore said:
Less--how long after the initial release of the Amora H&A, will you be releasing the 10mm size stone? I know that this is not a popular size, but I am setting up my ring with a 10mm Wink placeholder. Also, what about melee sizes--4mm for example. How long will those be? I'm also planning a 5 stone ring. Thanks Less.
It is not clear that we can achieve the 10mm size with the initial growth equipment. 9mm or 9.5mm may be the max until the next generation equipment arrives. So summer 2013 may be when we could do 10mm, but will know more this summer.

Re: 4mm melee - will need to wait for the melee robot to be built, so that may be late 2012.

The most common sizes (ala 7.5mm, 8mm) will be the initial focus for production since that is where the main volume has been for the other products and we assume the same for the Amora gem.

Hope that helps,
Less
 
Last edited:
#8
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but I really don't even remember. I was hoping you could answer my question.

Since the release of the cuts will be staggered, could you list down the cuts in the order that they will come out????

Thank you!
 
#9
Sparkling_Icicle said:
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but I really don't even remember. I was hoping you could answer my question.

Since the release of the cuts will be staggered, could you list down the cuts in the order that they will come out????

Thank you!
Cuts AND sizes of those cuts, maybe? =D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
#10
What is not clear is if you'll be offering the 0.75 ct H&A round. In the drop-down box it's not listed but it appears in the list at the bottom of the page.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
#11
lessw said:
Eleanore said:
Less--how long after the initial release of the Amora H&A, will you be releasing the 10mm size stone? I know that this is not a popular size, but I am setting up my ring with a 10mm Wink placeholder. Also, what about melee sizes--4mm for example. How long will those be? I'm also planning a 5 stone ring. Thanks Less.
It is not clear that we can achieve the 10mm size with the initial growth equipment. 9mm or 9.5mm may be the max until the next generation equipment arrives. So summer 2013 may be when we could do 10mm, but will know more this summer.

Re: 4mm melee - will need to wait for the melee robot to be built, so that may be late 2012.

The most common sizes (ala 7.5mm, 8mm) will be the initial focus for production since that is where the main volume has been for the other products and we assume the same for the Amora gem.

Hope that helps,
Less
Hi Less,
Thank you for answering all my questions. I'm sure that it will be well worth the wait.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
#12
Hello Les. I know you said you're working on amora melee, so will you at some point offer rings with amora melee as the side stones rather than diamonds? (Specifically in the timeless halo rings!)
 
#13
I took my Amora moissanite in to a jewellers to resize the band. The stone was tested with a diamond/moissanite tester and it registered as a diamond. They tested it multiple times and looked at it under a loupe. The jewellers couldn't believe it was not a diamond and were very concerned about this. They seemed to know about the end of C&C patent and Amora H&A coming to market and about Amora moissanite(though they do not carry moissanite in their store.) I'm wondering exactly how these testers work and if, when viewed with a loupe, there is insufficient difference in the look of the stone, especially the "Amoraized" stones.
Thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
#16
no, there is nowhere to preorder Amora Gem. And there is no clear date of availability yet at this point either.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

jcent

BTD Crown Jewel
#19
There are lots of good placeholder out there, depending on what you want to spend. Chris cz for a few dollars a stone, Wink CZ for less than $100 a stone, Asha for a bit more, and then moissanite or Amora moissanite a bit more than that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
#20
e.taylor said:
jcent said:
no, there is nowhere to preorder Amora Gem. And there is no clear date of availability yet at this point either.
This is why at the present I'm choosing to indulge myself with my love for gemstones. I'll indulge myself with the other later! If it doesn't happen or become available to me, well then, I'll worry about that later.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top