Agape Diamonds Reviews

LVGLITTER said:
I am literally getting ready to place a $2600 order with them AGAPE who also seems to be manmadediamondsusa.com when I saw this thread.

Now I am not going to do that! Too scared. The big problem I have is ASHA will not custom make my ring. Now what do I do?? Please help me by suggesting a honest and reliable custom ring maker.

thanks!!
I think I answered your post last night on a different thread (am i right??) but there are several other options. There are sooo many great vendors that are recommended on this site that do make beautiful custom pieces that are affordable and you can actually see their work all over this forum. Come back and post pictures when you get it!

Last edited by a moderator:
This company is horrible!! They go back on what they say and they sell horribly made items. Please do not buy from them. I had to send my ring back after several of the VERY fake looking diamonds fell out. I paid about $15 to send it back with insurance which they did not cover. Once I received it back another fake diamond fell out and now I have to pay again to send it back! Also, I found out that their "lifetime" guarantee means that you have to "prove" that you serviced your ring every year to qualify. Also, seems like only one guy works there. He is the one who picks up the phone and responds to email. I ask to speak to his supervisor and he says that he's it. It is VERY frustrating working with them! I also believe that all their reviews come from him b/c there is no way people actually have pleasant experiences with this company.

Re: Agape Diamonds

Agape diamonds is a horrible company! Do not buy from them! I have had the worst experience by them that I am trying to post on every website possible to tell everyone how bad they are. On a few websites, I tried to post my experience and came to find out that they were not posting it. To my surprise every post is so positive that it must be run by them to cover up their own bad business. I am a regular person whose husband bought me a gift from them. Needless to say, we will do all we can to make sure we tell everyone how bad this company was to us. You can read about our specific experience in other posts. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

Computers might be a pain in the butt at times, but they sure come in handy when I want to do research on some product I'm interested in buying. I saw the Agape website and was drooling over their rings, and remember seeing something on this message board about Agape Diamonds, and after a few minutes of not finding it, I finally did and boy am I glad I found it. The computer is a wonderful thing when doing research on stuff. Thanks for the info on the company. I wish more people would do research before buying stuff. I don't know who we did before the computers made our lives more easier yet at the same time difficult.

I had an experience with agape. It was one of the worst experiences in my life. They send me a ring, I propose to my girlfriend, and what was supposed to be the happiest night of my life turned into shock when I saw that three of the side stones were missing. I called and the lifetime warranty is just for tightening loose stones. Instead of trying to be helpful, the man on the phone told me I would have to pay 35 dollars to get new stones. I took it to an experienced jeweler who travels all over the world and he told me that it is in fact CZ, and I had been ripped off 700 dollars. I tried to tell the guy this and he was very defensive and when I told him I would take action, he tried to intimidate me into backing off. He also went as far as to say when I gave the ring back, they could tell the person trying to get my money back that I didn't give it back. He then tried to assure me he wouldn't do tgat, but if you wouldn'tthen why would you threaten me like that? I told him to keep the ring, I ddidn't want anything to do with it, and for anyone else looking, AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!!!!

Thank you so much for posting this! I hope you found a wonderful quality ring to propose with. Please don't let these people ruin your special moment: you can make it even more special next time.

I had found some Agape rings on Ebay & I noticed that the listing did not clearly articulate what the stones were. Noticing the high price, I wondered if they were Moissys but that was not the case. I wrote to the seller & they flat out refused to give me a clear statement as to what the heck their stones were. They said that they were NOT cz but I was very doubtful: now I know for sure!

You have saved many people from getting taken by these charlatans!

I appreciate that I have helped you here, and I hope no one else gets taken advantage of. I am currently in a battle to get a full refund from this fraud company, and I am hoping I can help to get them to make this company stop ripping people off. I found a wonderful ring from zales and when everything with this wannabe company is behind me, I will finally get to enjoy knowing I made my fiancee happy and helped get rid of this company!!

Hi-I would be very interested in discussing this with you and seeing if you have had success. I've had to send my ring back 4 times and now another "diamond" has fallen out less than 3 months before my wedding. I've already filed a claim the last time with the BBB but they never responded to the complaint so nothing happened. I love the ring, real or not & do get a lot of really nice compliments on it, but stones keep falling out & I don't want to continue dealing with this company.

We encountered the same thing, when he proposed we noticed a stone was missing. We've had to send it back 4x and now a 5th time. Again, the ring is pretty, but the quality is just not there.

Wow! It totally DISGUSTS me that these people get away with ripping people off so completely. I'm not one to be in love with plain old bashing another company but I can totally get behind exposing the rip-offs for what they are. I won't even use rip-off "artists" here because it insults true artists!

Ya screw these people, they sell you a piece or crap and won't replace there crap product when 5 months later an accent stone has already fallen out and been lost. You think you pay 800 bucks you might have a year warranty on the product, but no the MANAGER said the stone could have fallen out a week after purchase or ten years after and they would still charge either way. Wish I would have found this forum before purchasing and never would have. DON'T GIVE THESE CROOKS YOUR BUSINESS, YOU WILL GET SCREWED...LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Re: Do not buy from AGAPE!!!

I regretted ordering from Agape. They caused me so much trouble. First of all they sent me a wrong ring. I am from the Philippines so I have to pay for import duties amounting to 5000 pesos. I returned it, they instructed me to fill up a return to sender customs form so that i may not pay another duty. So I did. When it arrived at the post office I was informed that the parcel won't be released until I pay the taxes. I informed them. I was told by Richard to pay and they will reimburse me. I paid 2040 pesos. I was so excited, but I'm in for another disappointment. The ring came back right but this time without the free earrings and the box, no authenticity card as well. I feel like crying. So I contacted him again, he was apologizing and promised to send everything that very afternoon. That was June 20, 2013. I've been patiently waiting. On July 15, 2013 I sent him messages thru their website as well as eBay. No response. They even deleted my post on their Facebook account. On July 17, 2013 he sent me a tracking number. After almost a month of waiting, it's supposed to arrived but then they just sent it. When I was asking for the reimbursement he promised earlier, I was told that he will not reimburse since import duties are beyond their control. Of course I know it is! But it is not my fault that they sent me the wrong item in the first place. I'm only asking them to refund the second customs tax and the one coming. I am really feeling bad about this whole incident. Where else can I get help? These people should not be doing business.

UPDATE: I worked with Joseph Schubach Jewelers and they custom made my ring. We used a 4ct Asha cushion cut center stone and am so HAPPY!! I love Beth and Joe!! So patient and easy to work with

LVGLITTER said:
I am literally getting ready to place a $2600 order with them AGAPE who also seems to be manmadediamondsusa.com when I saw this thread.

Now I am not going to do that! Too scared. The big problem I have is ASHA will not custom make my ring. Now what do I do?? Please help me by suggesting a honest and reliable custom ring maker.

thanks!!

So i read all the comments and would like some advice.
My boyfriend of 4 yrs and i are talking about getting engaged and we have a 3yr old funds are tight and we're trying after several financial setbacks we are trying to get back on our feet, whilst also moving forward in our relationship.
However we don't want to give up on having a nice ring so we are looking into lab created diamonds NOT CZ.
You all seem to be very very well versed on what places are legitimate and what aren't can anyone tell me specific sites to buy a lab created loose diamond or diamond ring.

I have been looking for so long and i get my hopes up and then the more research i do things start to seem odd and i realize that a lot of these companies are alleging they have lab created diamonds when they really are selling CZ.

As some of the others stated i had contacted caratlondon.com and asked them flat out was is lab created or cz. And i got the bs answer others stated they were given by Agape...which incidentally was the other company i had looked at as well.

Im just frustrated at this point and now i feel like everyone is lying about what they are selling.

Some specific advice would be most welcome!

MissCassie

The Pink Orchid
Lab grown diamonds are not much cheaper than mined ones, just FYI.

If however that is where your heart is, you can buy lab grown diamonds from Gemesis.com , d.neadiamonds.com, and I believe most jewelers can get a hold of Chatham lab grown diamonds (they don't have a website, not sure if they have white diamonds yet or just colored ones still).

Those are the only three companies I know of that regularly have lab grown diamonds for sale. There may be others I do not know of though.

Good luck on your search!