Who do you use to set Chris CZ stones?

Discussion in 'Jewelry Forum' started by 1luvrocks, Nov 6, 2013.

1. 1luvrocks

1luvrocks
    Expand Collapse

I want to set A pear with trillions on the sides and a cushion with some kind (not sure which) stones along the sides. Any recommendations? I would like to have the chunky rounded looking prongs, not those thin knife ones.
    thank you!

2. Missmegan90

Missmegan90
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Who is doing your setting? I have used David Klass as have a lot of girls here. He could certainly do that as well as design your rings for you. His email is [email protected]. He is usually pretty prompt in replying to me but you can always call as well [​IMG] I have his number around here somewhere. When I find it I will add it here [​IMG]

There is also poppyseed from Amcor that could help you. I have worked with them as well and had a good experience [​IMG] you can message her through the boards or her email is [email protected]

Btd can probably do it as well as wink. Just message Dana for Btd and then diamondangel for wink or her email is [email protected] [​IMG] I have not worked with either of them (yet).

Lol basically whoever makes your setting should be able to set your stones. If you already have a setting, these vendors would probably set your stone for you for a fee and you would pay shipping. You can also have a local jeweler set your stone if you already have the settings. [​IMG]

#2 Missmegan90, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  3. m76steve

m76steve
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I use John Dixon at Edward Arthur Jewelers in columbia, md. usa. I dont know where u are living, but john is a teck+ when it comes to jewelry. ph# 410-730-1520. He has done all my pendents & he knows gemstones well-steve...

#3 m76steve, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  4. 1luvrocks

1luvrocks
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

#4 1luvrocks, Nov 7, 2013
  5. 1luvrocks

1luvrocks
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! Im totally new to this. I have seen that people use the vendors you mentioned to set ashas, but I wasnt sure about using them to have CZs from ChrisUK set. It seems from what I have seen on here that those vendors are at a much higher price point than the CZs, so there might be vendors I havent found on here yet that deal with less expensive stones. Btw, all the vendors you listed look like they do beautiful work, just not what I am able to spend at this time. I do not have a setting yet. Just wanted plain (no swirlys or little stones)settings.
    Thank you for your responses!! :):)

6. diamondangel

diamondangel
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

We have no problem setting other vendor's stones. [​IMG]

#6 diamondangel, Nov 7, 2013
  7. 1luvrocks

1luvrocks
    Expand Collapse

here are some examples of settings I love. Anyone know where I could get them in silver? Thanks!!!

Attached Files:

8. 1luvrocks

1luvrocks
    Expand Collapse

and this..without the stones on the band.

Attached Files:

9. 1luvrocks

1luvrocks
    Expand Collapse

love!

Attached Files:

10. Dana ♥

Dana ♥
    Expand Collapse
    The Centenary Diamond

if you're a little fearless, you might want to try to DIY it. by that i mean find inexpensive settings from someplace like HSN or Berricle, or Overstock, that hold the size & shape center stone you're interested in...
    and pick up a prong lifter & some pliers and switch the stones yourself.

i do this all the time... but it's not for everyone.
    1. don't futz with something if you'd be heartbroken if you destroyed it or lost a stone
    2. rounds & emeralds are the easiest to switch
    3. don't do this with gold, platinum or palladium - this is for sterling & mystery metal only
    4. wear them carefully, and don't set a super valuable stone this way - see #1

#10 Dana ♥, Nov 7, 2013
  11. 1luvrocks

1luvrocks
    Expand Collapse

My Absolute Fav!!! Band too... although it looks to me like they could be different bands. The one on the bottom looks more rounded to me. I like that one better.

Attached Files:

12. Missmegan90

Missmegan90
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I tried setting my own stone once. Not good lol. Those settings are all lovely!

13. 1luvrocks

1luvrocks
    Expand Collapse

I was actually considering this! I didn't know if it would be absolutely stupid though. The negative for me would be that I want to wear it daily and that might be too rough on it.

14. Dana ♥

Dana ♥
    Expand Collapse
    The Centenary Diamond

dunno where you found this image:
    [​IMG]

but that's a stolen photo. i mean, that's an Asha radiant that's been squished into a square shape and badly photoshopped onto the ring.

15. Dana ♥

Dana ♥
    Expand Collapse
    The Centenary Diamond

oh. i see. it's http://mdcdiamonds.com/ and they've got tons of rings that feature stolen photos, rings with pictures of Ashas that were taken from BTD's website, and badly pasted onto their rings.

because they're classy like that.

#15 Dana ♥, Nov 7, 2013
  16. Dana ♥

Dana ♥
    Expand Collapse
    The Centenary Diamond

and i don't mean to criticize you! please don't think that. it is a pretty ring - i have one kinda like it, that i bought from Overstock, years and years ago. it came with an icky cushion and i switched it out for a ChrisCZ. i have since misplaced it (i know it's around here somewhere!) [​IMG]

#16 Dana ♥, Nov 7, 2013
  17. 1luvrocks

1luvrocks
    Expand Collapse

That's crazy! I didn't even see the site it came from, just googled "elongated radiant cut ring" and this came up on google images. Im in love with those 3 rings you posted pics of (the ones that I asked about the other day) and was trying to come up with a substitute for that stone that was on the top ring (I think it had cartier or tiffany in the name) because I couldn't find that stone on Chris' website.

#17 1luvrocks, Nov 7, 2013
  18. Dana ♥

Dana ♥
    Expand Collapse
    The Centenary Diamond

oh, none of the stones i used were ChrisCZs... one's an Asha (Krupps), and the other two were WinkCZs... an Angel cut and an elongated antique cushion (similar to the E-ACC Asha).

that stone is this one at Wink's:
    http://winkcz.com/store/#!/~/product/category=5131268&id=23551287

*but*

ChrisCZ does have a "rectangular asscher" which is kinda similar to the Angel cut. i have at least one of them, and i think it'd be nice in that ring. ... but it's only in stock right now in Light Champagne. which is gorgeous if you like visibly warm tinted stones, but notsomuch if you want white:
    http://diamondcz.co.uk/[email protected]&[email protected]

Wink might have an 8x10 Angel cut in stock, or you could always go with a regular ChrisCZ emerald
    http://diamondcz.co.uk/gem.php5?level=3&expand=White&first=Emerald&second=White

#18 Dana ♥, Nov 7, 2013
  19. 1luvrocks

1luvrocks
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much for all of your helpful info!!!