White Sapphire Help

Discussion in 'Colored Gems (lab grown & natural)' started by kellyfish, Dec 3, 2016.

1. kellyfish

kellyfish
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I'm in the process of a ring project. I've evolved from just using a stimulant to an aquamarine, to finally landing on a white sapphire as my center stone. Of course, I want the largest, nicest stone for my $ & my max is probably $1400 for the stone. I'm thrilled to pay less.

I'd like eye clean/nice clarity, no yellow, cushion or oval, 9mm-ish x 7mm ish, if possible.

Here's the inspiration ring style:.

Attached Files:

2. kellyfish

kellyfish
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Here are a couple of precision cut sapphires I found on etsy. Any thoughts? I know in my price range I'll have to make compromises. This one is about $760

Attached Files:

3. kellyfish

kellyfish
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I like this one better, but it's 1260

Attached Files:

4. 2BlingorNot

2BlingorNot
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

I don't know if you are looking specifically for an untreated stone, but I bought a HPHT treated white sapphire from the ebay vendor "brilliantsolitaires" a few years ago. Mine was called a modified fancy round brilliant and it is clean, very well cut with no windowing, and was absurdly inexpensive.

I just checked ebay and he has:
    an 8x10 oval checkerboard for $80. Oval Checkerboard 8x10 mm 2.9 ct VVS IF White Sapphire Brilliant Diamond Cut | eBay

a 7x9 oval for $70, Oval 7x9 mm 2.4 ct VVS IF Rare Real White Sapphire Brilliant Solitaire Cut | eBay

and a 7x9 fancy radiant (not what you asked for but I thought the cut looked nice and was the right size) for $70. Fancy Radiant Brilliant Cut 7 x 9 mm Real 2.9 ct VVS White Sapphire Solitaire | eBay

These may not be what you are looking for, but thought I would share since they are so much less expensive. Also, I am pretty sure there are pics of my ring somewhere on this forum in a past white sapphire thread.

Best of luck with your search!

ETA: Here is the thread with the pictures of my white sapphire from this vendor: Photos for Cricketgrrl

#4 2BlingorNot, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  5. kellyfish

kellyfish
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Thanks for your response! Actually, I think Im going to do a white lab sapphire. I found the name Dan Sexton on this site & he's going to custom cut an elongated OMC cushion. I'm doing 10 x 8 (why not?) and am really excited. He's got a shop on etsy with lots of gemstones & great reviews. I'll let you know how it goes. Pretty excited to have the cutlet & chunky facets. This is his 9x7 version :)

Attached Files:

#5 kellyfish, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  6. 2BlingorNot

2BlingorNot
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

How exciting! Glad you were able to find someone willing to custom cut lab material in the exact shape you want. Please do post pics when you get your stone. I bet it will be all sorts of glowy goodness and I would love to see it!

7. kellyfish

kellyfish
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I'll definitely post when I get the stone. I'm not having it set until spring for my anniversary. The gem cutter posted this last night & this is my actual stone, I believe. I'm pretty stoked

Attached Files: