What should I do with this semi mount?

Discussion in 'Jewelry Forum' started by moissydiva, Aug 20, 2017.

1. moissydiva

moissydiva
    Expand Collapse
    Smitten

I have a semi mount in 14kt WG that I have no idea what to do with. I wore it as my wedding ring for 10 years and got many compliments on it but I've since upgraded. I wish it were more in style because it's got a lot of finger coverage, over 1.5 carats..

It's listed on DB but I don't know that it'll sell. I once had a jewelers tell me to make earrings out of it..? As in, clip the ring down the middle and remove the rest of the shank.
    I wish there was a way to set a bezel down in the middle, or somehow turn it into a RHR.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Tanukiko

Tanukiko
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I would put an emerald cut in there that is the same length as the setting width. I think anything else would just clash.

3. Tanukiko

Tanukiko
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Also an emerald cut colored stone (like a saphire or an emerald) would really pop and take the limelight and help tone down the setting in my opinion. I think its cool and unique but definitely needs to be balanced with a step cut in the center.

4. Queen of Sparkle

Queen of Sparkle
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

I would love to see it set with a Tanzanite.Chris uk does a fantastic Tanzanite CZ,it looks exactly like an earth mined stone! Asscher: Tanzanite Cubic Zirconia

He does all different cuts & they are beautiful!

5. moissydiva

moissydiva
    Expand Collapse
    Smitten

I've never considered a cz because of how they wear. Are these any different?

6. Queen of Sparkle

Queen of Sparkle
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

I've been wearing my chris uk tanzanite every day for 3 years as a right hand ring & it still looks fab.