The Amora Blog...the Amora Gem Chapter

Discussion in 'Amora Gem Forum' started by talk-admin, Nov 11, 2011.

1. diamondangel

diamondangel
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

The princess cuts are insanely gorgeous!!!

talk-admin likes this.
  2. gemcat

gemcat
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Love that princess cut! Just wow!

talk-admin likes this.
  3. canary22

canary22
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

The Eternity's in office lighting...gorgeous! In all lighting! I preferred the Amora Gem in every video.

talk-admin and teevee like this.
  4. jeanie

jeanie
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Krupps next Friday! I'm doing cartwheels here!

talk-admin likes this.
  5. rory12

rory12
    Expand Collapse
    Smitten

Is the Amora Eternity Super Ideal H&A the same as the the Amora Eternity H&A from a few months back? Have you just changed the name?

If not what has changed and where is the information on that? The one I purchased in April this year had a cert 8001155, I noticed the ones now are starting with 9.

6. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all,
    Very Happy Friday! We've got another action packed monthly update for you so please grab a drink, get comfortable and let's get underway!

BTD (Amora) sales up+ 22% vs previous month: First I'm happy to note that with our increasing production, sales have jumped and we are up over 22% for Sept vs. August!

Amora Eternity Super Ideal H&A updates:

Jonathan's full review of the Amora Super Ideal Eternity: Last month we showed some excerpts of the Amora Eternity Super Ideal H&A compared with a top H&A diamond. This month, we're happy to show the full review for you. A big thanks to Jonathan for taking the time to do this review!

Customer feedback on the Amora Eternity : We received a really nice customer review as well and happy to share that with you. Most notable to me was their quote about their sister planning to sell her diamond to upgade to the Amora Eternity :) Thanks very much to this customer for writing!

Perfect
    "I have never had such a great experience purchasing something so special online. My Amora gem is absolutely gorgeous and I am so in love with it!
    Also, one thing that has to be said is that Better Than Diamond's customer service is amazing. They are always quick to respond, super helpful, and truly have the customers' best interest at heart which is very reassuring, especially when purchasing something as significant as a stone for an engagement ring!
    So it is obvious to say that I love BTD, and I am ecstatic about my new Amora gem! I can't wait to be wearing it for the rest of my life!
    Also, after seeing mine, my sister who has a real diamond is going to sell hers and buy an Amora gem. Perfection all the way around."

Forever One Moissanite "H&A" vs Amora Eternity Super Ideal H&A: The Amora Eternity Super Ideal H&A was designed and is produced to be the true Ultimate Gem. Thus, we're continuing our comparisons against other competitors beyond just the usual diamond and H&A diamond comparisons. On that front, here's the first part of a comparison between an Amora Eternity Super Ideal H&A vs the Forever One Moissanite "H&A".

Let me start by saying that the Forever One is not at all an H&A. It's a "sort of H&A" - they are cutting in a manner to save rough rather than for maximum beauty. In cut grading, the Forever One Moissanite "H&A" is a grade 4. To be H&A, you have to be AGS cut grade 0. Amora Super Ideal Eternity of course, is a true AGS cut grade 0.
    Both the Amora and the Forever One gems below were graded using SarinHD and DiamCalc software to derive their AGS cut grades.
    Anyway, since a picture is worth a thousand words, here is the IdealScope of two actual gems and some notes about a number of false advertising issues.
    (Note the large center hole in the center of the Forever One - that disqualifies it from H&A as it is cut to save rough rather than beauty and greatly exceeds the max allowed table size):

[​IMG]

I've previously noted that Moissanite is routinely sold with inflated "diamond equivalent weights" and this one was no exception. Sold as "3.00ct", it was in fact a 2.70ct - thus netting an extra 10+% profit to the seller by inflating the diamond equivalent weight.
    If you wonder why Moissanite is cheaper than Amora Super Ideal Eternity, well there's one reason - we don't inflate carat weights. That's beyond the fact that we are cutting for maximum beauty and selling true H&A and not fake H&A.
    For reference, no 9mm is going to make 3ct. You basically need 9.3mm or so to hit a true 3cts. You can check BlueNile or any diamond seller with H&A to verify this.

Here's how this Forever One fake H&A Moissanite was sold:
    [​IMG]

Amora Eternity Super Ideal H&A "real life" video - evening sunlight via window, and kitchen LED lighting: One project that we've been planning to do and are now doing, was to film the Amora Eternity in various "real life" scenarios to help give you a fuller viewpoint of how it performs in various lighting. (On a personal note, I recently upgraded my wife's ring from a previous version Amora to the Eternity Super Ideal and I can say the difference and performance is incredible in every lighting).
    Hopefully you can get a feel for it via this first chapter of the real life lighting scenarios. First up, evening sunlight via window and Kitchen LED lighting:

We'll continue trying to video all kinds of lighting - from restaurant lighting, rainy day, fluorescent, etc. Ideally I'd like to put an H&A diamond in with it but for now we'll focus on just capturing various lighting and then produce a short video of 10 seconds each of various lighting.

<<Max post length exceeded - continues next post! >>

7. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Amora stud earrings available via our Overnight Earrings: Now that we have a healthy inventory of Super Ideal Eternity's, I'm pleased to note that we now have Amora Eternity 4 prong stud Martini earrings available via our Overnight Earrings option. This means they are prestocked and available with free overnight shipping. Thus, order before 1PM PST Mon-Thurs and you'll have them in your hands next day (for US addresses).
    Here's the studio video to show your our Overnight Eternity Stud earrings:
    [Media]
    [/Media]

and their studio photo shot:
    [​IMG]

and a link to our Overnight Eternity stud earring selection:
    Overnight Earrings - Amora Eternity Stud Earrings

Lot's of large Amora Super Ideal Eternity's in progress: We'll have a large amount of 9.3mm (true 3ct) up to 14mm (10ct!!) completing and out for sale this month. Interestingly demand for large Eternity's has really skyrocketed so we're very focused on delivering these for sale in October.
    You can sign up for notification of these here:
    Notify Me!

Amora Krupps - first video! At long last, we had our first few Amora Krupps cut complete cutting! We haven't shot a studio video but I grabbed one and shot a quick video of it in the sunshine in a window at our office so we'd be able to give you a first look at a real Amora Krupps! We have more rough that finished lasering for larger size Krupps and will have more ready for sale shortly.

Elongated AVC: Jonathan has designed a really stunning elongated version of the AVC, and we're going to offer these in the Amora. The first few rough have finished lasering and are waiting their queue to start cutting. For now, here's a computer model video to show you the elongated AVC:

If you are interested, you can sign up on our notification list and just select AVC but put "elongaged"in the comments:
    Notify Me!

Cushion H&A and AVC updates: We produced a number of both AVC and Cushion H&A this month but all of them have quickly sold out. We have a lot more rough that has finished lasering, and will have more ready for sale in the next two weeks.

Asscher cuts update: Same as the Cushion H&A - we've produced some but all have sold out quickly. More are in production now!

BTD News:
    Avarra H&A Sapphires! For whatever reason, sales of our Avarra H&A sapphires and rubies have jumped a lot lately. Thus, we're currently planning to run a small restock of these on TIGER-2 as we can squeeze them in this month in order to have more of these available. Here's a grading report of one to show you what these look like:
    [​IMG]

and a customer photo:
    [​IMG]

and customer feedback!
    Pink Heaven
    "This stone knocked my socks off. It's honestly the prettiest pink sapphire I've ever seen! It's a bit of a chameleon shifting from light to medium pink depending on the light. The hearts & arrows faceting really makes the stone pop. The scintillation and sparkle are nothing short of incredible. I feel very fortunate to have snapped one of these up."

Our Pink H&A sapphires are here:
    Avarra H&A Round lab sapphire - Vivid Pink

Misc:
    Drinking tap water with Fluoride while pregnant may lower your childs IQ (!!): Yes, you are still reading the Amora blog but after reading this just published study I decided it was worth including as a public service since we have so many female readers. It's everyone's job to ensure the best future for our children, and that's even more important than discussing brilliant gems.
    The net here is a recent study showed that exposure to higher levels of fluoride while pregnant lowered the IQ of those children compared to children not exposed.
    "results continually showed that higher prenatal fluoride exposure was linked to lower scores on tests of cognitive function in children at age 4 and then again between 6 and 12."
    With 2/3 of the tap water in the US containing fluoride, a reverse osmosis filter or distiller may be in order if you are pregnant or working on it. Basically flouride, which is already known to be more toxic than lead, is damaging to baby's neural development. Here's the link:
    Fluoride Can Harm Children’s Intelligence, Mexican Study Finds

World's Second largest diamond ever found has sold for $53 Million: Weighing in at 1,109cts, the world's second largest diamond ever mined has recently been sold for $53 Million. I thought you might enjoy seeing a picture of it, especially given the surge in demand for larger Amora Eternitys. Makes even a 10ct Amora seem very tiny :)
    [​IMG]

Here's the link with video:
    World's second biggest diamond sells for $53 million

That's it for this month's blog! Hope you have a great weekend and a great month and hope to see you end of October for our next update!
    Less

8. rory12

rory12
    Expand Collapse
    Smitten

Hi Less,

Appreciate all the updates and sorry if this has been answered before, I went back through the pages on this blog and couldn't find an explanation that the name changed from Amora Eternity H&A to Amora Eternity Super Ideal H&A (or maybe I missed it?), or is it a different cut than the 8 series certificates aka Amora Eternity H&A sold from earlier to mid this year? Thanks!

9. Coffee911

Coffee911
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

I'm interested in the above question as well please.
    Thank you.