The Amora Blog...the Amora Gem Chapter

Discussion in 'Amora Gem Forum' started by talk-admin, Nov 11, 2011.

1. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all,
    I'm going to push back the blog until July 14th rather than our usual end of month. This is in part due to July 4th holiday coming up, but also as we've got some news that will happen week of July 10th to share! We'll thus have one update for June/July together and then back to usual end of month in August.
    Happy 4th and talk to you soon!
    Less

diamondangel likes this.
  2. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi DastardlyGal,
    No price increase due to higher power costs. I don't expect that longer term the renewable power will continue to be more expensive...solar and wind prices keep dropping so longer term it should actually net out cheaper.
    Hope that helps!
    Less

3. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Reyesia,
    Facebook has become a pretty large venue now for us (see our latest Eternity photo with over 2,000+ likes for example), so we'll continue to increase the frequency of updates there. Glad that is helping to update you!
    Re: melee - while Amora H&A melee would be an outstanding product, it's not cost effective to do so at this point. The cost to laser cut all the small pieces alone (rough shaping) wouldn't be worth it, and then we have to consider that we don't have excess cutting resources. Thus having TIGER cut tiny stones instead of say 2ct Amora's wouldn't pay off.
    There's sort of an inverse cost curve where smaller stones actually end up requiring a lot more total processing time/overhead just due to having to run 10 runs of .10ct vs 1 run of 1ct to get the same total carat output dramatically increases the cost...and thus isn't cost effective at all currently.
    We'll continue to look at this though as certainly it would be a great product addition to be able to do 100% Amora Gem rings, etc.
    Best regards,
    Less

4. LucilleBall

LucilleBall
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

Less, was there a restock this week? The restock page says there was to be one on the 26th, but I've been checking all week and never saw any, and it doesn't show them as sold out. Did I miss them or were they delayed?

5. ppphcyv

ppphcyv
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

Hello, Less,

Would do you have any plans for ovals? I know there was an update to the cut, but I was wondering if it will ever be in production in 1-1.5 year.

Soleil likes this.
  6. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi LucilleBall,
    Yes, we did have a restock on the 26th, evening. However, most of them were pre-sold to reservation customers and those that were posted sold out quickly.
    The page has been updated to reflect that it happened and sold out.
    We will have restocks pretty much every week going forward and we are on track for record production this month (July).
    Also, we are not going to do the reservation system since production is jumping - thus should have a lot more available inventory.
    Best regards,
    Less

LucilleBall and diamondangel like this.
  7. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Ppphcyv,
    We did develop a really nice H&A oval cut design. However, the concern came up that it might be too deep to be easily set into standard oval settings. We never really resolved whether that was a concern, and so the oval was put on the back burner.
    We are slowly moving into the fancy cuts so yes we intend to have an oval in the future though it wouldn't be until next year.
    This year we want to get the H&A cushion (rough is already lasered), AVC (some rough is also already lasered), Krupps and Asscher and Princess done first.

Hopefully we can revisit the design constraints vs setting this Fall though to at least finalize the oval cut and see if we can keep it H&A or not for standard settings.
    Hope that helps,
    Less

diamondangel likes this.
  8. kashmira10

kashmira10
    Expand Collapse

Hi, Les!

When will the colorless August Vintage Rounds be available? I purchased an I color AVC from Jonathan at August Vintage.com but I am returning it because the color is too yellow for me. I would like something around the 8.5 mm mark. Thanks!

9. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all,
    Happy Friday! This month, July 2017, marks our 4th year of Amora production! Thus, we've got an extra packed blog update for you - so grab a drink/snack, get comfortable and let's get underway!

Happy 4 year Birthday to Amora! Believe it or not, on July 26th we'll be celebrating 4 years of Amora Gem production! The first Amora was sold on the early morning of July 26th, 2013 to a customer in Singapore.
    To celebrate 4 years, we're now cutting the largest Amora rough we've ever had - these will be 7, 10ct (14mm) Amora Eternity H&As!
    The 10ct rough has been laser cut, and that alone turned out to be quite a struggle as the laser power had to be massively increased to process pieces this large. They are completely prepped though, and the first ones have already started processing on TIGER1 and TIGER2.
    Hopefully we'll have these completed and out for sale in the next two weeks!

Amora Eternity & The Ultimate Gem: The goal of the entire Amora Gem program has always been to create and deliver the Ultimate Gem to customers around the world. Over the past four years that has meant spending significant amounts on R&D for cut design, robotic parts and robots, etc. and always putting beauty first rather than cost of production.
    As we mark four years of production, I'm happy to say that I believe the Amora Eternity fully delivers on the goal of the Ultimate Gem in every way and stands alone as the world's most stunning gem.
    It took a lot longer than we ever thought to get to this point, but with the Eternity H&A I believe you will find our goal of producing the 'Ultimate Gem' has truly been met.
    To expound on this, let's review some new photos/videos and customer feedback for the Eternity!

Amora Eternity Studio Photo:To further mark the 4th birthday of Amora, we had a new studio photo taken of a 1.98ct, E/IF Amora Eternity:

[​IMG]

Amora Eternity Customer feedback - "Dancing fire on your hand guarantee!" Pretty studio photos don't help though if the Eternity doesn't perform in real life. Thus, I'm very happy to share this customer feedback we received a little over a week ago. Thanks very much to this customer for taking the time to write!

Dancing Fire on your hand-guarantee!
    by Very happy repeat customer

"Okay, I'm speechless! I own some nice diamonds, several ashas and have seen moissanite. Nothing compares to the amora eternity!! The crispness, brilliance, fire, scintillation, are all soooo balanced like the best high-end gemstone. It does not show a whiteout as some people have mentioned. It behaves like a very high quality gemstone. If you are getting something that does not give you dancing fire on your finger in sunlight, send it back because it maybe defective. It should look great even in the worst of lighting even though it may not dance in diffused lighting but diamonds behave the same way.
    I have tested in Led light, halogen, fluorescent, diffused cloudy sunlight, direct sunlight, office lighting, various restaurant& ambient lighting. In led, direct lighting, sunlight, and some restaurant lighting, it was so sparkly, fiery&scintillaring that it was blinding (not exaggerating).
    It has short off-on scintillating brilliance and fire (very alive). Everyone who sees it love it&stares at it and ask to look at it closely. It's attention getter for sure. We get the best service when we go shopping and eating (I don't know if it's because of my winning personality or this gemstone that's grabbing their attention and they think I'm rich."

Amora Eternity Studio video: Besides the studio photo above, a new studio video for the Amora Eternity:

"I'll never buy another diamond" - customer review! I'm very happy to share this customer feedback we received a little over a week ago from a customer in the UK. Thanks very much to this customer for taking the time to write!

I'll never purchase another diamond
    by JG

"I never intended to buy an Amora Gem.
    Funnily enough, I was researching Diamonds for my engagement ring. Our budget allowed for a 1 carat good quality diamond and we wanted to do as much research as we could to get the best bang for our buck as well as ensure that we were getting an 'ethical' diamond.
    I didn't even know what a Moissanite was until a few months ago. As I was doing my research and educating myself, a video on moissanite simply auto-played on Youtube. I couldn't believe that this man made gem looked so similar to a diamond and was a fraction of the cost! I then went down the rabbit hole of the internet as you do and came across the Amora gem.
    I read that this stone was as close as you could get to diamond both aesthetically and in hardness and the videos I saw on Youtube were really impressive. I live in the UK and thought, I’ll just order a 1 carat Amora Gem and see what happens, if I don’t like it I can just return it.
    Well, I ordered it and it arrived 3 days later! It was super speedy delivery and the stone…. it was mesmerising. We took it to my jeweller to get it set in my engagement ring and he was very impressed.
    I now have my gorgeous Amora Gem engagement ring and I feel really proud of myself! We saved a lot of money which is now going to our house deposit, AND it was ethical and environmentally friendly. What’s not to love?
    After this experience I’ve come to realise that Diamonds are in fact not rare at all and the Diamond mining industry is monopolized allowing them to regulate the prices and their supposed ‘rarity’ In most cases, they also don’t hold their value making them a bad investment. Better Than Diamond is exactly that….I will never buy another diamond again. "

Stunning Amora Eternity customer video: Finally, to complete the Amora Eternity section - we received this stunning video from a customer who had received their Amora Eternity set in our Tiffany Cathedral ring. A huge thanks to this customer for permission to share, as I think this video outdoes our pro studio video!

AVR studio photo: As noted in our last blog update, we have had initial Amora AVR (Super Ideal OEC) production underway and thus can now show your our official Amora AVR studio photo:
    [​IMG]

We currently are out of suitable rough for the AVR but have some new rough in process now that should yield some 8mm - 8.5mm end of next month. These will most likely be colorless as the I-J colors we did earlier were with very specific rough for the AVR initially. Thus most future production will be the more usual D-F color.

For reference, our Amora AVR page is here: Amora Gem OEC-AVR Cut

AVR studio video: We also had a studio video made of our Amora AVR:

Amora AVC Rough has been laser cut Moving into the upcoming fancy cuts - we've laser cut multiple pieces of rough for the Amora AVC (August Vintage Cushion) and those have already started production. We expect to have a few first 8mm (3ct?) ready by mid-August. We'll get photos/video, etc. done after that to show off the results.

Amora Cushion H&A rough has been laser cut In addition, we've got several pieces of rough lasered up that are perfect for the first Cushion H&A Amoras! These will be roughly 8mm - 8.5mm when complete. ETA is also mid-August.

TIGER-2 fully working at last: As referenced in the opening above, TIGER-2 is now, at long last, fully running and producing! Beyond having to replace a number of parts, the real trick of the whole blockage turned out to be having to redo all the electronic connections with...gold! After that, all our intermittent connection problems (and thus constantly having to abort runs, re-start runs, etc) have come to a complete halt and T2 has been working flawlessly ever since!

<continues at next post...>

Cricketgrrl and Windblownhair like this.
  10. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

<continued...>

Amora Production - significant volume expansion, June sales +88% vs May sales: As you can surmise from some of the announcements above, our production is rapidly expanding at long last. Thus, with both TIGERs running full steam ahead, we've been able to start catching up on not only the Eternity but starting to expand into the long awaited fancy cuts. This is shown by the jump in our monthly sales which increased 88% vs May sales. We have a large amount of 8mm Eternity's in progress now and those will start being available end of next week. We also expect to have everything from 8.2mm (~2ct), 9.2mm (~3ct), 10mm (~4ct), 11mm-11.50mm, 12mm (~7ct) and of course 14mm (~10ct!) ready over the next four weeks!

Amora 'Super Ideal' Princess cut finalized: With the production expansion, we've been able to finalize our new 'Super Ideal' Amora Princess cut. The Super Ideal is because after completing, it just happened to turn out that the parameters for it ended up at AGS-0, where 0 is the highest grading cut score (0-10) as verified by DiamCalc under the AGS latest grading standard.
    Here's the computer render of the Amora Super Ideal princess in spotlighting so you can see it's personality:

GIA Research review of Amora Gem: GIA Research was kind enough to do a review/measurement of the Amora Gem this week. We sent down two Amora Eternity's and a piece of Amora Gem rough. The idea was for them to measure the Refractive Index, Dispersion Index (Fire), cutting parameters via the Helium system, and I also asked them to check the surface smoothness to check our nano-polish process.
    Unfortunately, after a week we got precision cut measurements back for the Amora Eternity's via the Helium system, but they were unsuccessful in obtaining both the Refractive Index as well as the Dispersion Index. They also did not have the right equipment to do the surface profile to verify the nano-polish.
    So a bit unfortunate as I was looking forward to GIA having exact optical measurements for the Amora, but on the flip side, GIA is now keeping a piece of Amora Gem rough in their permanent 'Gem library'.
    Thus, Amora Gem has entered arguably the world's most complete library of gems at the GIA!

BTD News:

Overnight Earrings expansion: We have seen strong demand for our recently launched 'Overnight Earrings' program where we prestock Asha 4 prong martini studs and make them available with included overnight shipping, to allow for true 'Overnight' earrings for those last minute (or if you just don't want to wait) orders.
    I'm happy to announce that we'll be adding some Amora Eternity earrings now that we have some 7mm Amora Eternity's in stock. These will be 4 prong platinum martini's with protector backs!
    Overnight Earrings - Asha Stud Earrings

Majority of Moissanite is being sold with inflated "Diamond Equivalent weights" - how you can protect yourself: As discussed previously we purchased a number of Moissanite to compare whether their claim of '58' facets was true. It was not, all round cuts from Charles and Colvard are 57 facets even though companies like MoissaniteCo continue to display that false 58 facet info claim.

Regardless, one thing that stood out was that the vast majority of Mossanite was underweight, by up to 10% or more vs the claimed 'diamond equivalent'. After testing hundreds of stones, both Moissanite, Amora Gem, etc. we've developed a quick conversion formula that will let you take the 'on the scale weight' and convert it to a pretty accurate 'diamond equivalent' weight for most Silicon carbide polytypes.
    That formula is this:
    Scale Weight * 1.101 = diamond equivalent carat weight. (or put another way, increase the scale weight by 10.1% to get diamond equivalent estimate).

It's not 100% perfect, but it's quite close with it usually getting it within +/- .01ct on the majority of stones tested vs the gold standard of volumetric measurement which requires either an OGI HD, Sarin HD or Helium system to do. That's equipment very few jewelers have but all of them have scales so now you can quickly get a pretty accurate number to see how correct, or how inflated, a moissanite sellers diamond equivalent is.
    For reference, a lot of certs are floating around with inflated diamond equivalent weights because the lab doesn't even measure it.
    Rather, if you follow the asterick on the cert, at the bottom you'll see "Diamond Equivalent Weight supplied by Moissanite seller"...which is shorthand for they just told us what to put, we didn't actually measure it. And no surprise what they tell them is usually higher than reality.

Example - a 3.00ct F1 "H&A" Moissanite (9mm) from MoissaniteCo was purchased and tested.
    It's actual scale weight was: 2.47ct.
    Now, knowing the above carat weight formula, you would compute:
    2.47 * 1.101 = 2.719 diamond equivalent carat weight.
    The volumetric computed diamond equivalent via OGI HD system was: 2.71ct.
    (Thus .009 difference between actual and formula, showing the formula is quite accurate).

More importantly though - The claimed diamond equivalent weight for this 2.71ct was 3.00ct diamond equivalent!
    Thus, someone buying has clearly overpaid for an imaginary .29ct (10%) air, while likely thinking they purchased a true 3.00 ct. In effect they are being tricked out of, and paying for, nearly 1/3 of a non-existent carat due to this inflated diamond equivalent weight. Without the knowledge of this formula though, previously a customer had no ability to know how roughly accurate (or inflated) a diamond equivalent claim is or is not.
    Anyway we saw a similar trend across the majority of moissanite purchased, so make sure to employ the formula above as a rough check to ensure you aren't paying for 'air'.

(Note: I reference the F1 as "H&A" as the 62.4% table on this sample, and other F1's with 60%+ tables, is far too large too qualify as an H&A cut.
    H&A requires <= 57% table, though using larger tables while claiming it is an H&A, is great for saving weight at the expense of beauty, to make it less expensive to produce...but we'll get into that in the future).

Anyway, this formula also maps very closely to the actual atomic density difference between diamond and most polytypes of Silicon Carbide, which is ~ 9.96% difference (or 1.0996 vs 1.101%). So beyond testing over hundreds of stones, it's also supported by atomic density which is very close to the 1.101 (or +10.1%) calculation.

Regardless, all Amora Gems are always certed with diamond equivalent weight determined by volumetric measurement, not by us telling the lab what to put and risking the 'inflated' carat weights seen in Moissanite.
    Hopefully the above formula will help protect you, and clean up the Moissanite 'inflated carat weight' problem.

Misc:

Good news for elephants (like Amora!) - Japan's largest ecommerce site and arguably one of the worlds largest ivory internet sellers, will no longer allow ivory to be listed We haven't had an update on Amora, our sponsored elephant in Kenya for a while but I'm happy to report that there is steady progress on reducing demand for Ivory globally. That ultimately is the only solution to the elephant (and rhino) poaching that threatens to wipe out some of Africa's most majestic creatures. Japan's largest ecommerce site, Rakuten, has been considered one of, if not the largest, ecommerce site for ivory sales as Japanese customers apparently buy 'Hanko' or signature seals, usually made of Ivory, with almost every person having one to sign documents the way we sign with a signature.
    In the next two months though, Rakuten has announced that all ivory sales will no longer be allowed - that is another substantial step for reducing demand for Ivory and thus poaching of elephants:
    Japan's Rakuten retail site bans ivory sales - BBC News

Stunning star (and planet) images: To close out our 4 year extravaganza blog update, and with Amora's star history, I wanted to show 3 very nice images related to the stars.

First up - the closest ever photo of the 'Great Red spot' on Jupiter from NASA's Juno mission. Jupiter appears as a bright 'star' in the sky but it's of course a planet. Here's the closest humans have ever seen it's huge, centuries old storm!
    [​IMG]

Next up - the milky way as seen from a lake in I believe Washington state, taken by Kevin Roylance:
    [​IMG]

And last but not least, a stunning view from the Alps with summer flowers! (Photo by Marco Kern):
    [​IMG]

That's it for this 4 year Amora celebration blog update! We'll have more updates end of August as we continue the Amora Gem production expansion. Until then, have a great weekend and a great month and see you at the end of August!
    Best regards,
    Less

11. gemcat

gemcat
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thanks for the update, Less. It is wonderful to hear how much progress is being made on the antique cuts particularly. I'm really excited about the 8mm AVRs to come.

DASTardlyGal and Anozira like this.
  12. Rhino

Rhino
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Spectacular video and photography. As I am into astronomy and even own a telescope I love those last shots too!

DASTardlyGal likes this.
  13. diamondangel

diamondangel
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

This is AWESOME!!!

DASTardlyGal likes this.
  14. DASTardlyGal

DASTardlyGal
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I look eagerly for each month to read the newest updates. I'm so excited for you, Les and your company. I look forward to the day when you no longer have problems popping up to mess things up and that the production of Amoras will be so prolific that you will be rolling in excess AmoraGems. Thank you for answering my question last month about prices going on up on Amora due to your green energy usuage, and YES, it did help. :) Can't wait until next month. And, as usual, LOVE all the sky and star pictures. My face is always looking at the sky and star, much to my husband's consternation. :)

15. jeanie

jeanie
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I would have loved to have been able to say "Thank you for answering my question last month" too( regarding how to find out where I am on the Krupps wait list) but I couldn't find a response to my query anywhere in any of Less's postings. I have been waiting for so long that IDK when I signed up.. 2 years ago. 3 years ago? IDK!

If any other members can tell me how you check on your status on the wait list, I would really appreciate your help. Emerald cut diamonds have been my favorite since I was a teenager. When my husband and I married, in the late 60's, ( and really too young to be getting married) our budget allowed for a .24 Ct. diamond solitaire ring,bought at the local Air Force Exchange store at the base where he was stationed. There were no acceptable diamond alternatives at that time, moissanite was a cheap ,green , weird thing , and going with a colored gemstone such as sapphire or ruby ,just never occurred to us. I still have that little .24 Ct. diamond ,wouldn't part with it for anything and have it set in a pendant.

I have bought other gemstones, including an Amora RB ,and even a smaller EC diamond over the years but nothing has ever satisfied my heart's desire for a large ( but not Beyoncé large!) white, near flawless Emerald ( Krupps) diamond. Alas, a real diamond of substantial size, white, VS clarity, has just never been in the " want but don't need" budget.

I have been waiting for a Krupps since Less first discussed it. DH and I have a milestone anniversary coming up and are thinking about new rings. My husband lost his wedding band last year .I know what I want for a ring! So, any help from another DB member, regarding the question I posted last month, would really be appreciated by this old lady who still loves bling as much as she did when LBJ was president, & mashed potatoe was a dance AND a side dish.
    I don't post often and I know this is a loooong post. "Thank you " in advance, to anyone who took the time to read it !
    Jeanie

16. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

HI Jeanie,
    Sorry if I missed responding! The Krupps was still being finalized but it is now finished and production will start in August (lasering rough) with first ones available in October. The waiting list is still preserved for the Krupps, so no worries there.
    I've posted a new thread with some additional Krupps info here that may help:
    Amora Gem 'Super Ideal' Krupps (Emerald) cut - measurements and update

Best regards,
    Less

diamondangel and jeanie like this.
  17. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all,
    I'm going to postpone the blog until next week (Fri, Sept 8th) to avoid hitting Labor Day weekend. More importantly, we've got several new shapes in video right now (Super Ideal Cushion H&A, AVC) and will have grading results on first Krupps, Princess and Asscher...so lot's to discuss next week :)
    Have a good week and talk to you next Friday!
    Less

stonewell and diamondangel like this.
  18. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all,
    Happy Friday! We postponed the blog a week to process more of the videos and photos and I'm happy to say this will be a video rich update! So, please get comfortable, grab a drink and let's get underway!

Massive production expansion: After nearly 1.5 years of production struggles, I'm happy to announce that we are now averaging ~100 Eternities in stock on any given week! We currently have from .75ct to 2.35ct in stock. 3+ct are currently sold out but we have more finishing next week!
    Thus, for the first time in a long time Eternities are now available on an order today, receive in two days basis!
    You can see for yourself - the long wait is over :)
    Amora Gem Inventory

Fancy cut expansion: In addition to Eternities, we have now produced and sold this past month - Super Ideal Princess, Super Ideal Cushion H&A, Super Ideal Asscher, AVC, and AVR! The only cut we haven't put out for sale is the Krupps (and technically the AV Asscher :) but the first of the Krupps are on their way to grading now and should be ready next Friday.

The summary is that the long drought of Amora's is finally over - we will shortly be adding overnight 4 prong studs with Amora Eternities as well to continue the Amora expansion!

With that aside, let's get into some videos and details on each of the respective cuts!

Amora Eternity Super Ideal H&A - 360 zoom video! Thanks to Jonathan at August Vintage, we've now got a zoom video of an Amora Eternity that let's you see all the cutting details including our 64 facet girdle - which Amora is the only diamond alternative that does this (all H&A diamonds have faceted girdles):

This type of zoom video let's you see the amount of cutting precision that goes into producing the Amora Eternity Super Ideal H&A!

Amora Eternity Super Ideal H&A compared with top H&A Diamond, Office Lighting: Once again, thanks to Jonathan at August Vintage, we've got a great video review of an Amora Eternity compared with a top tier H&A diamond in office lighting:

(For reference, the 'hole' in the center of each gem is the table reflection and not an open culet.) H&A diamonds range from 53% table to 57% table. And for reference, this is also why Charles and Colvards "H&A" is not at all a true H&A cut - they cut with 60%+ tables, way too big, and much shallower depth. This is likely done to save on rough, but also makes it not a true H&A cut.

Amora Eternity Super Ideal H&A compared with top H&A Diamond, **Dim Spot Lighting**: Continuing the review, next up is Amora Eternity and a top H&A diamond in dim spotlighting.

Amora Eternity Super Ideal H&A compared with top H&A Diamond, **Full Spot Lighting**: Finally, to complete the indoor lighting review, here's both gems in full spot lighting. This is where the Amora Eternity really accelerates so to speak:

We'll put this into a shorter, all lighting video with 20 seconds each, compilation shortly but the above has more details in each lighting. A big thanks again to Jonathan for the video review!

Amora Eternity Super Ideal H&A - customer feedback! Now that you've seen the Eternity next to an H&A diamond, some of the customer feedback we get will make more sense. Thus, really happy to share a nice review we received from a customer about their Amora Eternity:

Amora is actually, really, truly better than a diamond
    Thanks very much to this customer for taking the time to write this review!

<<Continued in next post>>

Soleil likes this.
  19. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

<<Continued...>>

Amora Super Ideal Cushion H&A!
    The Amora Super Ideal Cushion is now in production and we've already had and sold two restocks worth so far. We're currently sold out but are finishing a large (25 or so) set of Cushion H&A next week!

Thus, here's the first sunshine photo of the Cushion H&A:
    [​IMG]

and first studio video (2.76ct, E/IF):

You can sign up on our notification list if you want to be notified of the restock next week!
    Notify Me!

Amora Gem Super Ideal Princess cut! Continuing the theme, we've rolled out our Super Ideal Princess cut. The first restock quickly sold out but we have more in production now. Here's the first studio video:

You can sign up on our notification list if you want to be notified of the next princess restock (end of Sept)!
    Notify Me!

Amora AVC! The first AVC's have completed and been sold! We are working on more and also working on the video/photos, so for now I'll just show the first grading report of the AVC:

[​IMG]

We have more AVC restocking in the next two weeks, so again, notification list if you want to be notified!
    Notify Me!

Amora Super Ideal Asscher! We finished our first restock and are working on more. For now, here's the first grading report for the Super Ideal Asscher cut!

[​IMG]

Amora Super Ideal Krupps cut - coming in two weeks! Finally, we have the first set of Krupps going into grading now. These should be ready for sale next week and we'll do photos/videos after that.

Possible price increase for Internally Flawless With all the excitement over the new cuts finally arriving, I did want to make a note that we are likely to have a price increase for the Internally Flawless clarity. About 50% of our production is Internally Flawless, which is something very unique and exception to the Amora Gem vs diamond, moissanite, etc.
    However, it's costly to hit that level of crystal perfection and in addition, also tends to leave us with a lot of not so high demand VS or SI clarity. Thus, we'll hold off a month until we can get all the new cuts firmly established before any changes, but fyi you can likely plan on a price increase end of October for our exceptional Internally Flawless clarity!

Overnight Amora Eternity 4 prong stud earrings coming! We've just finished setting a number of pairs of matching Amora Super Ideal Eternity studs (I believe almost all our pairs of Internally Flawless as well) and these will be in stock and available starting next week. The Asha overnight studs have been a big success and we're hoping to expand on that with overnight Eternity studs. This will be a very exciting addition considering currently you have to pick the pair manually, select the settings, order and then hold your breathe for about 3 weeks...so the move to order and receive the next day will be a huge improvement!

Misc:

Scientist confirm it really rains diamonds on some planets! With Amora Gem's star background, I thought you'd find it quite interesting to learn that scientist have verified that it really does rand diamonds on some planets - Uranus and Neptune specifically!
    Here's the link:
    It rains solid diamonds on Uranus and Neptune

That's it for this months update! One of the funnest updates we've had in a long time! I hope you have a great weekend and month, and look forward to seeing you end of September for our next update!
    Best regards,
    Less

20. mmascall

mmascall
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

Super gorgeous gems!! I´m hoping for a pair of studs soon

talk-admin likes this.