The Amora Blog...the Amora Gem Chapter

Discussion in 'Amora Gem Forum' started by talk-admin, Nov 11, 2011.

1. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Reyesia,
    The AVC design for Amora is complete. (And speaking of which I suppose we should post that out so people can see but the idea was not to 'tease' until we had an exact production date..but we'll revisit that decision).

The issue for AVC and Cushions H&A is that it will require distinct fingers for TIGER to produce and so it's better to run cushions on a dedicated TIGER. The AVR is basically a much chunkier round with steeper angles..so TIGER1 and TIGER2 are both able to produce Eternity H&A or AVR with just a software file change.
    Thus, the AVR is being introduced sooner than the AVC.

Hope that helps,
    Less

reyesia likes this.
  2. LucilleBall

LucilleBall
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

Makes sense, thanks for explaining! Bit of a bummer for people like me who really want an AVC but very understandable. Hopefully that happens sooner than later.

3. minmorocco

minmorocco
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Wth is not a cursing reference. What the heck is not a curse.

Ps: I get a lot of things I really like from China and the truth of the matter is no one chooses an antique cut stone for its "robotic precision" and the fact that btd thinks this is a selling point for those cuts is pretty hilarious. I like the facets of the AVC very much. But BTD hasn't delivered so i found something else i like just as much

mmascall likes this.
  4. DASTardlyGal

DASTardlyGal
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

That's not a very gracious OR a nice thing to say to Les or to anyone. Sure, all the set backs and all have been maddening and heartbreaking, but, no need to act like this.

Mrs2Ouch likes this.
  5. NolaJules

NolaJules
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

I’ve been following the R&D of the Amora Gem, as well as all the goings-on within the Amora forum for years… Always been more of a lurker than a poster, but felt compelled to chime in on a recent somewhat snarky comment regarding the AVC: that “nobody chooses an antique cut for its robotic precision.” I just wanted to add my two cents and say that I couldn’t disagree more. I own several antique diamonds, and adore each and every one of them for their quirky little imperfections. But the AVC is in a league of its own. Not to say that there aren’t other beautiful options out there, but if I were to settle for anything other than an AVC for the “forever stone”, I would feel a little disappointed every time I looked at my hand.

There’s certainly a market for both… But I’d be willing to bet that more members of this forum than not have a discerning enough eye for cut that they’re willing to hold out for the AVC.

If nobody is interested in cutting precision in antique cuts, then why do AVCs command such a premium? Why are we all on the edges of our seats waiting for the next little tidbit on the AVC Amora Gem? Just sayin’. :)

And that leads me to the second part of this… I’ve been engaged for about 3 months now with a sad little CZ stand-in ring (we thought the AVC would be available in May). With May almost over and no more information on AVC availability, I’m vying for a more permanent solution until it is available.

I’ve landed on a ~2ct Amora Eternity (set in, IMHO, the pinnacle of solitaire perfection – the CVB “Jovyn”)… And have been anxiously awaiting an 8mm restock.

Does anyone know the status of the restocking schedule? Last info I’m seeing was from 5/8—that there was a 6.5mm restock in the lineup for 3 weeks ago, followed by the 8mm restocks slated for last week and this. Have we not seen restocks because new inventory is going to the wait list? Or have there been production delays? When can we expect to see inventory in the 8MM range? Thanks so much!

Windblownhair likes this.
  6. Windblownhair

Windblownhair
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

Congrats on your engagement! Anything CVB is divine. The Jovyn is so classic and flows from every angle. You'll be wearing a little piece of art on your finger<3

I'm hoping to put an OEC-AVR in a CVB Astrid halo one day. I can commiserate with you, I'm also playing the waiting game.

NolaJules likes this.
  7. NolaJules

NolaJules
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

Thank you so much! Exciting times indeed. Your ring will be absolutely spectacular! I could stare at her designs all day. Wearable art.

The waiting game is rough, but I'm certain it will be well worth the wait for both of us!

Windblownhair likes this.
  8. Windblownhair

Windblownhair
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

9. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all,
    I'm going to push the next blog entry until the Friday after next as this weekend is a holiday and the month end's mid-week next week.

Also, quick note to NolaJules - we will have more 8mm Eternity H&A ready next week (along with 7mm :)

Have a great Holiday Weekend and see you next Friday!
    Less

10. NolaJules

NolaJules
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

Wahoo!! Thanks so much for the update, Less! Happy long weekend!