Renaissance Lab Diamonds

Discussion in 'Lab Grown Diamonds (real diamonds)' started by puppylove2, May 20, 2016.

1. puppylove2

puppylove2
    Expand Collapse

Hi All!

I did a search for "Renaissance Diamonds" and nothing really showed up. They are a maker of lab diamonds (100% carbon). Renaissance Diamonds | Eco Friendly | Conflict Free

Has anyone had any experience with them? Are they legit? I'm weary because no one is discussing them on this forum or the Weddingbees.

I'd like to purchase some melee from them for a ring that will have an Amora center stone. I'd like to know if the company is legit, if their products are as they say (100% carbon, color and quality of diamond is consistent with what they say it is, etc). They've also offered to create the ring from scratch for me. Has anyone used them to make their rings instead of just buying the stones from them?

THANKS

2. Dana ♥

Dana ♥
    Expand Collapse
    The Centenary Diamond

i've never heard of them before... and maybe the error is mine but i picked a couple of their items at random and attempted to look up the grading certificate, and kept getting a "not found" error.

...by that i mean i took the number from the "report" on the site and went to look it up on the grading lab's site, not just going by what they show on their site...

anyone else tried that and have any luck?

#2 Dana ♥, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
  3. ChristineRose

ChristineRose
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

The about page says they are a joint venture with Scio diamonds. You shouldn't have much trouble finding info on Scio. I am not sure what the joint venture means except that Scio has been hemorrhaging money and their stock plummeted, recovered a bit, and plummeted again to its current dismal level.

There are many makers of synthetic industrial diamonds who have tried their hand at gem diamonds but few of them have done more than dabble at it. Scio/Apollo is a major maker of gems.

#3 ChristineRose, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
  4. mmascall

mmascall
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

I selected several diamonds at random and most, but not all, had grading reports. I've never heard of them so can't speak to quality etc.

5. jcent

jcent
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

Does Pure Grown Diamonds have what you need? They are reputable, for sure.

6. puppylove2

puppylove2
    Expand Collapse

Hi all,

Thanks for the inputs. I need loose melee (to create halo around my AG). Finding loose lab melee diamonds is the hard part. Most will not sell melee. :-(

Neil at Renaissance so far is very responsive to my emails and hasn't tried to put the "salesman" touch on me yet. If no one has used them, that doesn't bother me as much as if someone actually had a bad experience with them. Hence the post! :)

Please keep up the input if anyone has anything to say!