question about the bistro

Discussion in 'Feedback on the Marketplace' started by sparklehound, Jul 15, 2015.

1. sparklehound

sparklehound
    Expand Collapse

I have looked at moissanite alot (ok obsessed lol) and really love it. I havent been able to see any in person. I am sure they look amazing as they are so beautiful in pictures.
    My hubby and I have been looking at rings on the diamond bistro and we were wondering how safe it is to make a purchase off there? Is it like ebay? is there any protection for buyers? is there any ratings for sellers like on ebay? thank you so much

2. mmascall

mmascall
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

3. sparklehound

sparklehound
    Expand Collapse

Thank you mmascall! I see some people selling things on the bistro saying to pay through the friends and family option. I am not familiar with that, is that still safe to do so?

4. mmascall

mmascall
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

I wouldn't pay using that method - always pay the regular way so you have recourse in case the item doesn't arrive, isn't as promised, is damaged, etc. If the seller says you pay the PayPal fees, you can try to negotiate that but I would pay if I really wanted the item.

#4 mmascall, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
  5. elf925

elf925
    Expand Collapse
    The Pink Orchid

Do not EVER pay through friends and family unless you are giving a friend or family member money.

You have ZERO recourse if something goes wrong.

A friend bought a handbag, paid $500. Was told to pay via friends and family. She had reservations about doing that but due to people vouching for the seller, she paid that way. Well, the bag wasn't even close to the described condition and she wanted to return it. She sent it back. Seller turned sour and my friend was out the $500 and the bag! PayPal would do nothing to help her because she paid friends and family. Even though she had the listing that stated pay me friends and family, PayPal said too bad that's why we have a pay for goods option!