Purchasing my first moissy, but which size?

Discussion in 'Moissanite Forum' started by kate81, Mar 19, 2017.

1. kate81

kate81
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone, this is my first post here.
    After a few years of consideration and observation of the development in the quality of moissanite I decided to seriously look for a nice one.
    I really love old cuts, so as I have found a few vendors, who cut them, I decided to bite the bullet. I really would like to have an ACC, I'm just not sure in the size. I was considering at first a 9.5*8.5 stone, this would be my sweet spot. The problem is following: I would like to have a "cheap" setting, lets say under 500. The vendor told me, it is only possible with the stone size 9*8 mm, because she could order for this size stone a setting from Stuller.
    I was considering to order the bigger stone loose, and find a cheap setting somewhere else, but I'm afraid the jewellers don't have experience with setting a moissanite where I live. (I live in Europe, moissanite's are not even known!!!)

So what should I do? Order the smaller one with setting, or order the bigger one and take the risk, to set it here?

Could someone show me pictures of a 9*8 cushion on size 5 finger?

2. minmorocco

minmorocco
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

The .5mm is going to make almost no visible difference. I wouldn't worry about it.

3. kate81

kate81
    Expand Collapse

I just wanted to give an update, maybe someone is interested: I've ordered the 9.5*8.5 mm stone 2.5 weeks ago. The stone is ready to ship, and I've got two pictures from the vendor JYB Jewels. I can't wait to have my moissanite!
    IMG_4594.JPG IMG_4596.JPG

Cricketgrrl likes this.
  4. mmascall

mmascall
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see it set :D

5. kate81

kate81
    Expand Collapse

King: the clarity of the stone is not specified by the vendor, but I assume VVS, because I haven't seen any inclusion at all. The color is near colorless, because I like it much better. The price please ask from the vendor, I'm not sure, that I'm allowed to post it.

6. talk-Dana

talk-Dana
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

The posts from "King" were removed because they were also posting spam elsewhere.

7. Beverly Pendergrass

Beverly Pendergrass
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

Your stone is beautiful. What color is your stone?