purchased Moissanite..not too sure it's going to look good.

Discussion in 'Moissanite Forum' started by diamondssuck, Dec 7, 2010.

1. diamondssuck

diamondssuck
    Expand Collapse

2. natita

natita
    Expand Collapse

I have a question... Did you get the enhanced Moissanite or regular?

3. jayce

jayce
    Expand Collapse
    Smitten

^ That's what I was going to ask. For an 8mm stone, enhancement would make a big difference.

4. deathbydesign

deathbydesign
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

You should probably return it and get an enhanced moissy instead. I have a 7.5mm enhanced moissy and I see no yellow in it at all. Next to a similar sized G diamond in a jewelry store, I couldn't see a difference.

EDIT: Oh sorry I see that apparently you did get an enhanced stone. In that case, I guess moissy may not be right for you if the color concerns you this much. You could try Asha instead?

5. Deia

Deia
    Expand Collapse
    Omniscient

Are you saying the 35K was a whiter stone and that's why the moissy looked like "crap"? What where the stats on the 14K diamond and again why was it more comparable? (I am assuming it's about the color since you got an enhanced moissy but I am just making sure as it could be cut etc)

If it is color you are talking about then no moissanite will not look like a D-E-F diamond, enhancement or no enhancement. The enhancement brings it up to about an H I would say.

Also the bigger the stone the more body color you will see.

#5 Deia, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  6. Macy

Macy
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

7. bettyboop

bettyboop
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I've been reading this forum for the last month, and just received my ring yesterday - yay, now I can finally comment on the stones!:) My center stone is also a 7.5mm enhanced, and it is BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely spectacular. It's colourless in most lights (the only time I see a hint of warmth and colour is in dark&dreary natural light/ at dusk, it's flash-white at all other times) and I took it to the mall last night to compare with other diamonds. Couldn't see any difference - so why pay 10k+? [​IMG]

I too was nervous until I got my ring. For the most part, though, I trusted my instinct, and am so happy I did. I think if you did get an enhanced stone, you'll be quite impressed when you see it set. It really does look like a diamond - I'm still staring at it and can't believe how amazing it is...

#7 bettyboop, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  8. diamondssuck

diamondssuck
    Expand Collapse

Sorry guys...guess I wasn't clear enough. This is an enhanced stone.

The $35K stone I believe was an F in color. The $14K stone was an I.

I am guess I am more concerned with color. That stupid $35K stone was WHITE! I wish they wouldn't have shown that stupid thing to me!

The Moissanite...by itself...looks great! I've been looking at it all day and I do like it. However, it didn't look so hot in the store. Maybe it was their lights? Also...when I first opened the box, I was in the car...and it is overcast today. Now...sitting in my office...it looks good.

Primarly...I want to make sure its going to look OK in a setting with G diamonds. Sounds like it may...

9. deathbydesign

deathbydesign
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

The honest truth is hardly anyone has a stone that big and that white. Not many people are willing to shell out 35k on a rock. :p F color for a 2ct diamond is very, very rare and you're not likely to meet many people with one of those on their finger.

In that way, a 2ct moissanite that looks around G-H color actually looks more believable as a diamond.

Did you try looking at your stone next to the setting you bought? That is the best way to tell if the stone will look good with it.

10. diamondssuck

diamondssuck
    Expand Collapse

Thansk for the info, and yes...I agree.

I did put it next to the setting I bought. However, the setting in the store was for a 1ct, and had a CZ in it for display...so it was kinda hard to do a comparison. I did place my stone in a simular setting and it looked nice. However, I made the mistake and looked at the $35K stone in there first. The lady I have been working with knew what I was coming in to do...and she knew I was going to compare it to a diamond. I am sure she brought out the best diamond they had, that was compariable in size.

My stone did look very compariable to the $14K stone...actually...it probably looked better.

#10 diamondssuck, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
  11. deathbydesign

deathbydesign
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Moissanite is more sparkly than even the sparkliest diamond, so it has that going for it. [​IMG] Personally I love my moissanite! It's not even set yet and I can't stop starring at it lol!

I would suggest just holding your stone or placing your stone next to the actual setting you want to set it in and look at it under different lights. That should help you see what it will look like once set. Good luck! [​IMG]

#11 deathbydesign, Dec 7, 2010
  12. Deia

Deia
    Expand Collapse
    Omniscient

I think that if I were passing my moissy as a diamond I'd be damn proud it looks like a $14k one [​IMG]

(but if you aren't ok with the color then maybe an asha?)

#12 Deia, Dec 7, 2010
  13. Barbara Lipsky

Barbara Lipsky
    Expand Collapse
    Omniscient

FYI, if you choose to switch to an Asha, you have two round 8mm options: 1) H&A - F color, or 2) OEC - I color.

Hang on to the moissy for a bit and check it out in lots of different lighting scenarios. You might fall in love with it! [​IMG]

#13 Barbara Lipsky, Dec 7, 2010
  14. diamondssuck

diamondssuck
    Expand Collapse

yeah, very good point!!! I'll read up on asha tonight. Maybe I'll order one of those and compare next to this stone...?

#14 diamondssuck, Dec 7, 2010
  15. diamonds247

diamonds247
    Expand Collapse
    The Millenium Star

#15 diamonds247, Dec 7, 2010
  16. dreamingofbling

dreamingofbling
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

Personally, I think that if you aren't in love with it right away and are unsure about it then you never will be and will want something different.

Some people love the colour that moissy has, but you have to love it in all lights (facing up white or yellow) otherwise you won't be 100% satisfied.

An Asha might be better for you if your colour sensitive and maybe perform better in your surroundings? BTD have round hearts and arrows 8mm in H or F/G. If you go Asha I would deffinately get the H. From what the other ladies say, the H has the liquid silver look on it that makes it look identical to a diamond of that colour and the cut is also more diamondlike as it is a sim.

I hope you get everything sorted soon so we can see pics!

17. Nasubi

Nasubi
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I'm going to say that if the warmth of the enhanced moissanite bothers you, and you decide on Asha instead, the F color Asha would probably be better for you. My own ring has G color diamonds with an F cushion Asha, and I cannot tell the color difference. My Asha definitely has a liquid silver look to it, too.

18. diamondssuck

diamondssuck
    Expand Collapse

OK, I've ordered an Asha as well. It should be here by the end of the week...I can compare the two, and then return one of them next week.

I'll let everyone know how it goes!

thanks!!

19. ocMrsB

ocMrsB
    Expand Collapse
    Omniscient

best thing u could have done, please post your choice when u decide [​IMG]

#19 ocMrsB, Dec 7, 2010
  20. diamondssuck

diamondssuck
    Expand Collapse

ok...got the asha hearts and arrow today.

And I think...I am will be MUCH MUCH happier with this. Much better color. The mossy had a very strong yellow tone to it.

I am going to take the asha in the jewerly store soon. The mossy is going back tomorrow.