Preview of the 'new' DiamondBistro.com

Discussion in 'Feedback on the Marketplace' started by talk-admin, Jan 29, 2015.

1. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all,
    We've been working since last Fall on building a much newer/better/improved DiamondBistro platform and wanted to show you a preview of the design changes.

Here's snapshot of the new homepage:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note that it looks 'extra' long above because I had to shrink the width to minimize the size of the screenshot.

And a preview of the new 'product' page:

[​IMG]

This is just the current working design so there will likely be more changes, but wanted to show you so you can see what's coming soon!

Best regards,
    Less

2. elf925

elf925
    Expand Collapse
    The Pink Orchid

I like it! Is there going to be a more detailed search function built in? For example if I want to search for all rings listed as an 8? Are more things going to be required? Such as requiring that ring sizes, type of gold etc be entered? What about payments? It is kinda risky to pay using the gift option yet most sellers demand it or ask that you pay more than the asking price. I do not agree with this. That should be added to their asking price before hand. Seller fees are just part of business IMO. Small shop to major international retailers, fees are paid.

I know my opinion isn't popular but I think there should be a few more clear cut rules added to the site.

3. Dana ♥

Dana ♥
    Expand Collapse
    The Centenary Diamond

well, i agree that sellers shouldn't ask or require buyers to use the "Friends & Family" option in Paypal or require buyers to pay the fees. that's against the Paypal rules, even.

#3 Dana ♥, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  4. huesohui

huesohui
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

Im trying to message a seller on db and it doesn't let me, any other way to get ahold of them?
    tessageary

thanks

5. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Wrong thread, but the issue you encountered was due to the move to the new server and has been fixed [​IMG]

Best regards,
    Less

#5 talk-admin, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  6. Isolde

Isolde
    Expand Collapse

May I ask, whatever happened to the new layout? Two-thirds of the current DiamondBistro homepage is essentially useless to users, as the Popular Listings and Recently Sold Items have never been updated.

mmascall likes this.
  7. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Isolde,
    Sure- we spent a lot of money on the new site (close to $20K) and ultimately realized it was still going to need a lot more work to be what we wanted it to be and be fully ready for use. At the same time, we realized that we'd way overspent given the tiny ad revenues the site generates (barely more than the hosting cost per month), and that it was never going to pay back to continue.

Thus, we had to stop and did a very minor upgrade to the existing site and really have not had the resources or motivation to do anything more with it.

Unfortunately after 8+ years it's quite clear that DB is going to be breakeven at best, and so we're not going to put any more resources into a new design other than just keeping it up and running.

We will take a look at the homepage issue this summer as I agree, the columns there are quite stagnant but that's about the only planned improvements.

Hope that helps,
    Less

MimiRyan likes this.