Poor customer service

Discussion in 'Amora Gem Forum' started by dearjule, Sep 10, 2017.

1. dearjule

dearjule
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

Hello, I opened a ticket over TWO MONTHS ago asking what my options were for a damaged Amora gem. At the time, the csr said that there might be the possibility of a buyback option, and wanted pictures. I submitted pictures, and then resubmitted pictures using a macro lens for high quality photos. Since then, I have pinged the thread many many times, only to have been brushed off with responses saying that your staff is busy, or that vacations were coming up. Now, I don't even get a response of any kind, despite asking for an update several times. Is this really how your customer service handles customers?

Request #173029

2. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi DearJule,
    Sorry about this and it is 100% my fault. The short summary is we have had a huge ramp up in production and ultimately to replace a damaged gem requires a replacement, so having the production and inventory to do so has to come first.
    In addition, the damage wasn't such that it made it unwearable as this is a girdle chip, so again I felt we had to first get our production and inventory situation squared away.
    Beyond that, to repair the stone we have to recut and again, if we have no free production resources then we end up flat out losing money until the stone is recut and repaired, so that would affect what we could offer and I was hopingyto help as best we could in terms of minimizing financial damage .
    Finally, since our production is growing and we are now selling globally, etc. ultimately there will be more girdle chips, etc in the future and I wanted to try and setup a more standardized policy for repairs,etc. in the future and not just do it on a random basis, but making that policy again related to how fast could we do repairs vs. not interrupting regular production expansion, etc..
    So anyway, I apologize and hope the above lets you know there was a lot more going on related to this and it wasn't just a 'brush you off' deal but rather we had some critical resource expansion underway for production and that indirectly tied into whatever options we could offer.

I'll try and get back to you with a resolution this week and again, sorry for the delay!
    Best regards,
    Less

3. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Resolved this week as promised :)
    Best regards,
    Less

JeweLover likes this.