Phoenix Moissanite Emerald cuts now available

Discussion in 'Moissanite Forum' started by talk-admin, Apr 23, 2018.

1. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all,
    We've placed the new Phoenix Moissanite Emerald cuts out for sale. Here's a first sunshine video:

Phoenix Moissanite Emerald Cut

These have windmills unlike the Forever One Moissanite Emerald cuts, and in our opinion, outperform the Forever One pretty easily, but at lower pricing.

Best regards,
    Less

2. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

@talk-admin I did have one question that I forgot to ask in my email. Do these have a higher crown? The F1 and other brands I’ve seen without windmills have a flat crown. It looks so beautiful! I’m excited! Thanks so much for your help

Lizzrd02 likes this.
  3. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Angel!
    I checked the numbers - here's the crown percentages (higher % = higher crown):
    Amora Krupps - 20%
    Phoenix Emerald - 14.5%
    Forever One Moissanite - 12.5%

So yes, Phoenix is higher than Forever One Moissanite :)

Edit - I wanted to add that the higher crown will increase the total fire a gem produces. That's one reason (there are others) that the Krupps will have the highest fire, Phoenix second, Forever One last.

The flatter crowns are also a way to make a stone at lower cost, as it consumes less rough...hence the Forever One rounds with their notorious flat top crowns.

Hope that helps,
    Less

Attached Files:

#3 talk-admin, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Lizzrd02 likes this.
  4. Mrs2Ouch

Mrs2Ouch
    Expand Collapse
    Smitten

What was the largest size these are available in? I only see up to 8.1x 6.1

5. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Mrs2Ouch,
    The largest we can make is 6.50 ct (12x10).
    I've updated the page to reflect the full options. Our site doesn't let us specify which are in stock vs what we have to make, so all are listed but over 8x6mm will take about a week to make.

Here's the full option list:
    [​IMG]

Hope that helps!
    Less

Mrs2Ouch likes this.
  6. Lizzrd02

Lizzrd02
    Expand Collapse

I ordered one! I am so excited to get it.

Mrs2Ouch and talk-admin like this.
  7. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

@Lizzrd02 im planning on ordering one too in the next day or so. I’m getting the 8x6 for my center stone but trying to decide on the 5x3 or 6x4 size for my side stones. I’m excited also and relieved to finally find what Ive been looking for

Lizzrd02 likes this.
  8. Lizzrd02

Lizzrd02
    Expand Collapse

@Angel thats awesome. I am so excited for you! This looks like a perfect option for your three stone because you can rest easy that they are diamond-like and matching in cut and color. It’s going to be an amazing ring.
    My husband is even excited about the stone arriving, which is funny, because he usually just smiles and nods when I talk gems and jewelry.

#8 Lizzrd02, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  9. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

I know!!! I’m so excited! I keep going back to look at the video! It is a perfect option bc now my OCD self knows that they will all be matching haha

Lizzrd02 likes this.
  10. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

@Lizzrd02 let me know when you get yours! I think I ordered mine a day after you did. I got the 8x6 and 5x3 sides. I can’t wait!!

Lizzrd02 likes this.
  11. Lizzrd02

Lizzrd02
    Expand Collapse

I got it today and I am blown away! It looks just like a perfectly cut diamond. It is so nice to see those little windmills winking up at me and it definitely has that liquidy look of an EC diamond. The crown height is perfect and it is so clear and crisp too! It’s a lovely little stone so far and I am thrilled to own it. :-D
    I will post pics and video tomorrow. I was waiting around for it all day and it finally arrived right as I was cooking dinner for cranky kids. Haha What are you doing to me, UPS man?!?

Attached Files:

Mrs2Ouch likes this.
  12. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

@Lizzrd02 girllll that is beautiful!!! I’m so excited! I can’t wait! So crazy thing I went to check my order status to see if there was a tracking number and I discovered that apparently I accidentally marked Uganda as the country instead of the US!!!! Omgah freaking out! I emailed them immediately! I hope they don’t send mine to Uganda

13. Lizzrd02

Lizzrd02
    Expand Collapse

Oh no!! I hope not too!

14. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

I feel like such a retard! Idk how that even happened. I just called and left a message. It says emergency only but this is an emergency haha! I’m pretty sure it is because I had to pay $44 shipping which I am now reading is the out of country fee. And you said yours came UPS but it says mine will be delivered FEDEX. I just hope it hasn’t shipped out yet :,,,(((

15. Lizzrd02

Lizzrd02
    Expand Collapse

Any update @Angel? I hope it gets figured out!

16. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

No worries - I flagged it and stopped it from going to Uganda after Cathy mentioned she was working on the paperwork for the "international order" for the Phoenix EC, which set off alarms for me as all the Phoenix orders have been in the US so far. Nipped it just in time lol.
    Best regards,
    Less

LilyMoon, Angel and Lizzrd02 like this.
  17. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

Yes thank goodness for @talk-admin and the BTD staff for fixing my mistake and being so nice and helpful with my order! So thrilled to get my stones hopefully next week!

18. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

Received my stones today! Just a quick review and photos. I haven’t got to check them out in all lighting yet so I will leave more feedback once I get to. First look opinion is that it is very very beautiful! Probably the best I’ve seen in person thus far!

Attached Files:

talk-admin likes this.
  19. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

so beautiful! Please ignore my dirty cloudy sapphire ring. This is so gorgeous y’all! When I get the chance I want to compare it to a loose moissaniteco brand EC that I still have (currently trying to sell)

Attached Files:

Lizzrd02 likes this.
  20. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

010DEDF5-2819-499C-BFB0-157244988D3B.jpeg Hi guys! Just wanting to follow up with more feedback on my Phoenix Emerald cuts that I received today. They are so unbelievable beautiful! Seriously I am so impressed! I ordered an 8x6 and two 5x3 Stones. Here are some photos and video of the Phoenix’s. And then I will share my comparison of it to the moissaniteco stone that I still have.

Attached Files:

Mrs2Ouch likes this.