OVAL OBSESSED!!!

Discussion in 'Amora Gem Forum' started by amora, Apr 16, 2018 at 9:27 AM.

Tags:
  1. amora

amora
    Expand Collapse

After 6 long years of waiting for an Oval Amora Gem, I am so excited to say I FINALLY have one!!! Finally, finally, finally!!!!!!!!!!!

In between the years of waiting for an Oval Amora Gem, I have owned several other Amora Gems, and I must say- the oval is my absolute FAVORITE!!!!!!!

Someone asked me on here what the “best” shape of Amora Gem is the best, my simple answer is- there is no “best,” they’re all amazing. I think every Amora Gem Cut is beautiful, I think that it’s just personal preference, and what looks best on your finger. For me & my finger, it is the OVAL!

As stated before, I’ve waited 6 long years for this! Even before the oval became as popular and trendy as it is today. In the interim of waiting for an oval shaped stone, I contemplated getting a Charles & Colvard Oval and a Harro Gem “crushed ice” oval. The more I looked at pictures and reviews of the Forever One (F1) Oval cut, the more I was turned off by the splintery facets. I think that those splintery lines are a dead giveaway that something is “off.” I don’t mind telling people my ring isn’t a diamond, however, I just don’t like the splintery way that light passes through the stone. I honestly would prefer a CZ to the F1, just because of the fact that I think $1000+ is a lot of money to spend on something that is cut so poorly.
    At one point I really considered the “crushed ice” Harro Gem. I looked at lots of pictures on their social media sites and their ovals looked very clear and diamond-like. After reading tons of reviews and comments I found that the crushed ice oval was their most purchased/requested stone. However, after digging a bit more deep, I read that the owner said the “crushed ice” oval is also their most returned stone. I personally think these stones photograph well, however, I don’t think there’s any quality control. Some stones look good, while others have foggy/cloudy facets. I have a strong feeling I would’ve been highly disappointed if I would’ve went through with purchasing the “crushed ice” oval. Also, the stone I wanted would cost $1800+ and if I were to return it, they charge a 7% restocking fee, not to mention the shipping cost to send it back. So if I didn’t end up wanting the stone, I’m already out $200 just for restocking and shipping. Oh, I forgot to mention- the girdle on their stones are NOT faceted! This should be a huge deal-breaker for anyone that likes to pay attention to detail (me, lol.)

My third option was to just bite the bullet and buy a 2-2.5ct natural, earth-mined oval diamond. Since I wanted something VS-VVS quality or above, I was looking at ovals anywhere in the $8900-$11,000 price range. I was a bit discouraged in waiting for an oval Amora, so I actually almost bought an oval diamond from James Allen. However, I didn’t go through with it because I realized how much more I could do with that money, travel, remodel, add a sun room to my house, put it away for kids’ college, etc.,

So, I decided to just hold on a bit longer and stick with BTD since they are a company I already trust.. and thank goodness I did!!!!!
    I think the Oval H&A is absolutely stunning. It has just the right amount of sparkle, with no bow tie effect! I don’t know how Less & his staff accomplish these amazing cuts, but WOW! I am so glad I waited for the H&A oval! My first impression when opening the box was, “Wow! *gasp*” It’s just so beautiful and so full of pastel-diamond-like sparkles!!!!!

Pros of waiting for the Amora H&A Oval
    vs. buying F1, Harro or Natural diamond-

1.) The Oval H&A is my personal favorite cut by far.
    2.) Amora Gem Costs $10,000 less than buying an actual earth-mined stone however is actually cut better than most diamonds.
    3.) Every Amora stone comes with lab certification (I think this is a great addition compared to other diamond-alternative companies who just send a “authenticity card”
    4.) Has a faceted girdle!

** I tried to take pictures but was SO hard capture the beauty of this stone! I wanted to share at least one picture with you guys... but honestly the picture does it no justice! It’s so much more beautiful IRL!! **

Attached Files:

#1 amora, Apr 16, 2018 at 9:27 AM
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 9:34 AM
    talk-admin, mmascall and MimiRyan like this.
  2. humunahumuna

humunahumuna
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

PLEAAAAAAAAASE please please pleaaaaaaase post a video!!!
    I have an older oval amora gem from 2015 and have been dying to see the new cut!!!!

3. humunahumuna

humunahumuna
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

Forgot to add in- congratulations on your beautiful stone! <3

4. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Humuna,
    If it helps - we shot a bit of video earlier in the sunshine for the Oval and will try and get it edited and out tomorrow so you can see.
    Hope you are doing well,
    Less

5. humunahumuna

humunahumuna
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

Thank you so much Less!!

6. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

7. Sadiebelle

Sadiebelle
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

OK Lady, I don't know what kind of sick, twisted human you are, but ONLY ONE PHOTO??? You're killing me!! ;););)

Seriously though, congratulations on your beautiful stone, I can't wait to see how you set it. Hoping to get a hold of my own Oval AG one day. Wear it in good health!

8. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Lol! If it helps, here are two we took in sunlight:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Best regards,
    Less

diamondangel likes this.