New 360 Video of Amora Soaring Hearts Eternity

Discussion in 'August Vintage Forum' started by Rhino, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Rhino

Rhino
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Greetings friends!

Two new Soaring Hearts ... a 7.8mm 1.83ct (equiv) G VS1 and a 1.24ct 7mm E VS2

AMORA183GVS1

AMORA124EVS2

So as I have em here in the lab thought I'd run under our new 360 video which I thought was cool in the sense that it shows us some of the gemological features of the Amora soaring hearts as well as the careful planning of the cutting of it too and other neat things. :)

When the Soaring Hearts Eternity are being cut, the cutters align the Amora gem crystals in such a way that they behave singly refractive (like a diamond) in the face up view. You can see this when you have the Amora facing straight at you. When the gem rotates away from the perpendicular axis you can see the double refraction kick in. You can observe this by noting how the facets junctions appear to be doubled when you peer into the gemstone.

You can also clearly see the faceted girdle on the Amora as well. :)

Here's the link to the 360 video.

#1 Rhino, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  2. MissCassie

MissCassie
    Expand Collapse
    The Pink Orchid

That 360 video is really cool, love seeing the face up going from what appears as singly refractive to the actual double refraction!

Rhino likes this.
  3. wdwgirl

wdwgirl
    Expand Collapse

This makes me all the more excited for the AVC. I know the same meticulous cutting will be used to make a knock out gem.
    I am trying so hard to be patient!

Rhino likes this.
  4. Rhino

Rhino
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

That IS a neat way to observe it! In general, testing whether gems are singly or double refractive is done with an instrument called a polariscope. Hmm... just gave me an idea for a new vid. ;)

5. Rhino

Rhino
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Haha... yes hard for me too. I've also introduced Less to a new modification to the AVC file for further optimization. Once I get word that they'll begin the cutting I'll release this new information. ;)

ubtlav likes this.
  6. wdwgirl

wdwgirl
    Expand Collapse

I cant wait! Can you tell me what the waitlist on your end looks like for the AVC? I've been holding off on putting down the deposit on your site just because I simply didn'tknow what kind of timeline we were looking at and I really wanted time to have something designed by my 10th anniversary late summer. I don't know know if I should go ahead and do it so I can get my hands on an early one if this list isn't long or if I should keep waiting in case it gets pushed back further.

7. Rhino

Rhino
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

God willing this summer.