Need Quote/time frame for a custom ring.

Discussion in 'Diamond Dreams' started by Hunter Bancroft, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Hunter Bancroft

Hunter Bancroft
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

My girlfriend's mother is going to let me use her very expensive, giant wedding ring as an engagement ring. I don't know anything about jewelry and i don't have a picture at this time but the ring was just appraised at $36,000 (if my memory serves me right). I know that my girlfriend would like to customize this ring in order to fit her tastes more and i need to know how much it will cost and how long it will take in order to get this custom work done. I know for sure she would like rose gold.

She wants the original diamond to be set in something similar to one of these:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. MissCassie

MissCassie
    Expand Collapse
    The Pink Orchid

Congratulations on your upcoming engagement!

Time frames for custom pieces tend to run 6-8 weeks on average, maybe a little less if it's a "stock" setting a jeweler makes frequently.

As for cost, you will need to contact the vendor(s) you are interested in using, and get a quote, because it will vary based on finger size, 14 or 18k gold, side stone selection (white sapphire vs. diamonds), etc.

Good luck! I'm sure many of us would love a picture of the original if you have the time and means to share. :)

3. misslanalove

misslanalove
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Depends on who you go to! BIJOUX DE LEE (@bdl.nyc) • Instagram photos and videos makes them in 10 days with 2day shipping from NYC in the jewelry district. Comes with an appraisal.