My AVC solitaire arrived!!!

Discussion in 'Moissanite Forum' started by reyesia, Mar 28, 2018.

1. reyesia

reyesia
    Expand Collapse

Fresh from the mail! A 2ct equivalent AVC moissanite from August Vintage Inc and modified Fina setting from Love Affair Diamond. Been dreaming for this day to come for 6 long years. Please enjoy my photos!

The Gem
    The AVC cut is an absolute perfection with the signature bold facets reflecting pastels throughout and the mesmerizing depth seen from any angle. It has a lot more character when compared side by side to my VG diamond. The price of a moissanite can't also be beat as it means that I had the extra to spend on its setting:)

The Setting
    I chose a simple solitaire setting to compliment and focus the attention to my gem while keeping it interesting when viewed from the sides (my point of view most times). I discovered Love Affair Diamond from IG and the Fina setting caught my attention with a neat detail where melee diamonds curved all around the stone. The rest of the details followed as ideas came together. My other favourite setting features include, the basket height and the very subtle cathedral arch to reduce the snagging factor.

Ordering and delivery process took under three months and I am excited to admire my own ring in real life instead of the screen :D

Now, does anyone have any ideas how I break the news to my DH on replacing my E-ring? I have expressed my interest on this before he proposed and has gotten hints for the last 5 months..

Attached Files:

#1 reyesia, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  2. Karamia

Karamia
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

This is beautiful! Can I ask what the measurements of the stone are?

3. reyesia

reyesia
    Expand Collapse

Yes of course, it’s 7.5mm x 6.8mm in my 4.75 finger:)

4. GretaBean

GretaBean
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

Absolutely beautiful! Does this ring look similiar to your e-ring? After 10 years of marriage, I replaced my 1.0 Ct vintage diamond with a 1.5 DEW Moissey but purposely ordered it in the same exact setting as my e-ring. My husband only complimented it once, and I told him “thanks, I just got it cleaned”. He has no idea I am wearing a moissey and my e-ring went into our safety dep box which he will never check. One of these days I’ll tell him.

5. Windblownhair

Windblownhair
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

Such a great setting for it! Really gives the AVC a chance to shine.

6. reyesia

reyesia
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! AVC is such a unique cut that requires all the attention:D

Windblownhair likes this.
  7. reyesia

reyesia
    Expand Collapse

Hi, my e-ring is no where close to this, but what a brilliant idea you had for yours and he actually took notice and you had a close call there!