Life of AG?

Discussion in 'Amora Gem Forum' started by misslanalove, Apr 27, 2018.

1. misslanalove

misslanalove
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

How rough are you? How long have you had it?

I will wear it washing dishes, cleaning, and will wear it putting on lotion. I also will do outdoor sports with it on, like extreme sports. Would you reccomend me to still purchase an AG considering it’s not as strong as a diamond?

#1 misslanalove, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  2. merlin

merlin
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I have had my AG for three years now and never take it off. Still looks like the day i bought it !

You've nothing to worry about on that front.

3. misslanalove

misslanalove
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Thank you. Waiting for more input. Seeing if I could just wear this as an engagement for a life time.

4. MissCassie

MissCassie
    Expand Collapse
    The Pink Orchid

My OEC solitaire I wore for years I hit on metal all the time when working at a coffee shop, broke off two prongs AND whacked the stone so it was tilted in the setting, took it to a jeweler to fix after a few years of abuse, he told me he was surprised the stone was in perfect condition considering what the setting looked like. :cool:

Current OEC, 4+years, custom halo setting, still work with my hands for a living, have had to have prongs repaired once so far, and stone is still in perfect condition.

5. diamondangel

diamondangel
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

Whether you wear a diamond or an Amora, wearing your rings while doing dishes, cleaning, and putting on lotion is a bad idea, not to even mention the extreme sports. Lotion dulls both diamond and Amoras, and over time can leave a build up on both. Platinum is the only choice for you as white gold will be affected by cleaning products with bleach, chlorine, bromine, even salt water. That can result in snapping prongs and losing your stone. If you participate in extreme sports, you run the risk of damaging your rings, as well as your hands and once you hit your hand and your fingers swell up, you may have to have your ring cut off. Common sense goes a long way while wearing jewelry.

6. misslanalove

misslanalove
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Thanks for the response. The 5.42 Krupp’s comes in on Wednesday and will request for platinum. I am going to gather info on the AG for the setting instructions.

Thank you

7. loveAmoraaa

loveAmoraaa
    Expand Collapse

omgness 5.4 krupps!! please post the photo when the ring is set!

8. misslanalove

misslanalove
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I’m hoping it doesn’t look too gaudy on me and something I can wear on a daily basis. It comes in tomorrow. I don’t know if my guy will let me see it. He might have the stone place in my finger while I keep my eyes closed. Lol.

9. misslanalove

misslanalove
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Here you go!

mmascall and loveAmoraaa like this.
  10. loveAmoraaa

loveAmoraaa
    Expand Collapse

:eek: Whhhhoooooooaaaaaa
    So pretty and it looks bbiiiggggg
    Cant wait till you set it as a main stone!!! :D:p Did you decide the design yet? I bet It will be pretty regardless the setting!