Is Diamond Nexus a CZ....specific gravity shows it

Discussion in 'Simulants, all other' started by talk-admin, Oct 15, 2011.

1. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

If you didn't believe the multiple lab reports from Anderson Materials, Evans Analytical, or Innovatech all confirming that the DNL product is a CZ ( Independent test results) , here's another way their own website proves it.

1 - CZ has a specific gravity ranging from 5.6 - 6.0.

(Note: It is a range because CZ requires a stabilizer to keep it cubic, and the amount, type and % of stabilizer varies, grower to grower).

Link: CZ properties, wikipedia

2 - Diamond Nexus new website has 'independent testing' showing their stone tested at: 5.63
    [​IMG]

Is 5.63 in the range of CZ (5.60 - 6.00)? Yes it is.

Ironically, DNL wants to ensure you know that specific gravity will categorically prove what a substance is composed of:

[​IMG]

3 - Diamond Nexus sells some of their stones with a grading report from AIG (a now bankrupt gem lab, but regardless). This certificate lists the specific gravity as: 5.90 - 5.95.
    [​IMG]

Is 5.90-5.95 in the range of CZ specific gravity (5.60 - 6.00)? Yes it is.

4 - Finally, Intl School of Gemology purchased a DNL stone and tested it back in 2007. They found the specific gravity of DNL stone to be: 5.70.

[​IMG]

Is 5.70 in the range of CZ? Yes, it is.

And for reference, here is a link to the full report by Intl School of Gemology. DNL sued them to force them to pull the report down, but archive.org kept a copy:
    Intl School of Gemology Diamond Nexus report

Conclusion:
    3 reports, 3 specific gravity tests - 100% of them all showing specific gravity of a CZ.

And note that 2 of these reports were posted by DNL directly.

Therefore, its clear that even without using a materials analysis lab, the Diamond Nexus core product is a CZ.

Of course, DNL continues to falsely claim their product is not at all a CZ:

[​IMG]

Best regards
    Less

#1 talk-admin, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. elf925

elf925
    Expand Collapse
    The Pink Orchid

My neighbors cousins coworkers sister?! Seriously?? LOL

3. nikkikeith

nikkikeith
    Expand Collapse
    The Black Orlov

oh now its a gemstone...i didnt realize they stopped claiming its lab created diamond

4. Boston24

Boston24
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

it can cut glass? come on...

5. kirstinkolstad

kirstinkolstad
    Expand Collapse
    Omniscient

yeah the 7 elements that they found in their testing, they were stupid enough to send me their "lab" reports. They were done by a company in Ohio that tests slag material.. (stuff thats in like, I guess you could say a smoke stack for lack of a better word.) And wouldn't you know it but the "other elements" were, in my honest opinion, nothing more than lab contaminates from this testing lab. I don't know, DNL really puts a bee in my bonnet. I hate when people manipulate true science to fool the public. Also I like how Gary Lacort or whatever his name is now publicly speaks for the company, he sure is brazen doing that considering he has a criminal record for fraud no?

*end rant*

#5 kirstinkolstad, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  6. jcent

jcent
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

the thing is, and I don't mean this in a mean way, but most people are naive and lack the ability to think or question. Most do not check this board or others like it, and most know very little about gems, lab created or otherwise. Ignorance sometimes really is bliss...at least until your "diamond" turns to spit.

#6 jcent, Oct 16, 2011
  7. kirstinkolstad

kirstinkolstad
    Expand Collapse
    Omniscient

+1 jcent...+1

8. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, like this guy who tried to borrow against his DNL diamond:

From the comments section here:
    Diamond Nexus - Misleading!

I'll take a guess that the reason they are opening another retail store is because it is now easier to sell their 'revolutionary CZ' via retail rather than on the web.

On the web, additional info about their product that they would prefer customers do not see, is only a click away.

I do find it hilarious however, that their own testing shows it to be CZ....they apparently didn't know enough about CZ and specific gravity to catch that before posting it out on their site as proof their product is not CZ.

Best regards
    Less

#8 talk-admin, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  9. jcent

jcent
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

gawd...reading the comments section on that blog was enough to make my head spin. It is soooooo frustrating that some people will just not listen to reason!!!!

10. jcent

jcent
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

And WTH? how much was he trying to borrow??? How can someone expect a real diamond for $125 per carat??? It just blows my mind.

11. RooGirl

RooGirl
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

OMG!!! I totally cracked up when I read that... [​IMG]

... I mean really... does these people that gets these stones really think they are all that???? They look cheap... or maybe I'm just use to looking at all the Asha, Winks, ChirsUKs, Moissy and natural diamonds and gemstones here that anything else looks so so....

... I really still don't know how people are still falling for their crap...

#11 RooGirl, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
  12. opaline

opaline
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

As a rule if I buy something over $200, I do a lot of research first to find the best option for the money I'm spending, I think everyone should do this, but alas, most do not. [​IMG]

DNL is so... ugh! HOW can they still be in business?!?! I don't understand, isn't what they're doing illegal?! It's blatant false advertising!! o_o

#12 opaline, Oct 16, 2011
  13. RooGirl

RooGirl
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

So true Opaline... I don't know... I don't know how they are still doing what they are doing....

... but I totally agree when it comes to me spending money on something I want I'm going to make sure that it's of quality worth what I'm paying.... [​IMG]

#13 RooGirl, Oct 16, 2011
  14. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Lots of sad stories on that blog...here's another:

Best regards
    Less

#14 talk-admin, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  15. daugherty11

daugherty11
    Expand Collapse

I am considering myself very lucky.....I have a tendency to be gullible and too trusting at times, and I have to say, that prior to finding this board, and similar articles, I was ready to buy from either Diamond Nexus or diamondlabscreated.com or one of the ones similar to those. But thanks to this board, you've all saved me! I'm now looking to find the right ring and will certainly go with an Asha diamond. Thank you all so much!

16. jcent

jcent
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

I am glad you looked around and found a better choice Rob!

17. MissCassie

MissCassie
    Expand Collapse
    The Pink Orchid

I really, really wanna walk into one of their stores and have a look around and see what they have the sales people spouting out. I, too, have been gullible in the past and nowadays nothing is more aggravating to me than being lied to, indirectly or blatantly. >.< The way they do it is just criminal.

18. Globetrecker

Globetrecker
    Expand Collapse

I agree, Miss Cassie, they really do bother me too because I was scammed by them. I wonder if we contact some of their local TV stations to do an insider story on their scams? Have a diamond, cz and Diamond Nexus stone (aka cz) tested right their on television.

Now that would be an interesting news clip!

19. LegalDealer08

LegalDealer08
    Expand Collapse
    Smitten

Don't waste your time or money! Listen to these ladies here; they WILL NOT steer you wrong! I did not buy from them (thank GOD) but I did buy from CARAT (wished I found this board sooner than I did) LOL

So happy I found Wink and Melissa thru these ladies and the board :) Awesome service! AMAZING stones! Truly worth every penny!