Introducing our Phoenix Moissanite - H&A and Emerald cuts

Discussion in 'Moissanite Forum' started by talk-admin, Mar 21, 2018.

1. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all,
    I'm happy to announce that we are adding a new option for Moissanite lovers - our Phoenix Moissanite brand.

To quickly explain what this is - Amora was designed and imo, has become, the Ultimate Gem. Every step of the process from growth to polish, was optimized to maximize beauty.

With that, no surprise, the final price ends up higher than if we optimized for value at various steps.

Thus, given that there are times when the Ultimate Gem isn't necessary, we built our Phoenix moissanite to try and optimize value relative to beauty. Example - instead of faceted girdles, polished girdles, instead of independent grading, just generic grading for 'colorless' and VS+ clarity. Instead of nanopolish and diamond sharp facet edges, regular polish and just sharp edges.

On a beauty scale, if Amora is 100%, then Pheonix is ~85%...but Phoenix clocks in at record low pricing of $220/ct - $249/ct!

More telling is our customer testing before we released the Phoenix.
    The interesting result after conducting customer testing showing three gems was unanimous - 100% the same feedback every time, and provides insight into the relative comparisons.

Customers were shown a 2ct Amora Super Ideal Eternity H&A, 2ct Phoenix H&A Moissanite, and a 2ct Forever One H&A Moissanite.

In every case, customers immediately selected the Amora and noted it was the most beautiful. (Amora was also an easy win for maximum fire).

Next however, customers were unable to differentiate between the Charles and Colvard H&A Moissanite and the Phoenix Moissanite, noting that they "looked the same".

However, there is one big difference, - Phoenix is $220-$249/ct, vs Charles and Colvard averages $400-$600/ct depending on where you purchase. Thus, Phoenix comes in at up to half the price for a look that customers couldn't differentiate.

Thus, when the Ultimate Gem isn't needed, we feel Phoenix presents an excellent value/beauty option - and a significant upgrade over the CZ's in the world!

Here's a chart laying out the key differences of H&A Diamond, Amora Super Ideal Eternity H&A, Phoenix Moissanite and Charles and Colvard Forever One H&A:

[​IMG]

We're working on some videos so you can 'see' the Phoenix alongside a Charles and Colvard Forever One H&A in sunlight and clouds to give you some initial viewing.

Note - we do not recommend Phoenix for engagement rings...seriously, she deserves the best - get an Amora Super Ideal Eternity. :)

Phoenix Moissanite rounds

More info to come but wanted to announce the what and why of the Phoenix for now!
    Best regards,
    Less

diamondangel and Mrs2Ouch like this.
  2. mmascall

mmascall
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

Choice is always good :)

ETA - but for me the AG is the ultimate gem!

Dana ♥ and Mrs2Ouch like this.
  3. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

No doubt - Amora remains the Ultimate Gem. That's further backed by the consumer testing we did above, which was nice to see and hopefully proves where the various options stand.

Anyway, we'll see if the Phoenix is able to sell based on it's value appeal. If not, we'll just continue to focus on the Amora Eternity esp. which is fine with me :)

Best regards,
    Less

4. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

Hi Less! Just wondering when the Emerald cuts will go up for sale on the website? I’ve been checking.

5. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Angel!
    They are at the diamond grading lab and we should have back next week.
    That said, these are good but not great.
    It's a bit underwhelming to drop down to gems made for max value rather than max beauty...so I'm not sure if we want to continue with it or not.
    But can get an emerald next week and make a video to review and see what you think. They are better than the Forever One Emerald at least in my initial review, but we'll have more time to check them out once they are back from the grading lab.
    Best regards,
    Less

6. Lizzrd02

Lizzrd02
    Expand Collapse

Hi Less,
    I have been following Angel’s thread on moissanite ECs. Are these the stones that you were discussing from cutters you reached out to? Is there a link somewhere to purchase the ECs? I would be very interested to purchase one in the 8x6ish size.

7. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Lizzrd02,
    Yes, these are the ones. I believe we have an 8x6 and can post out a link this Monday for you.
    These are longer and more elongated than the Krupps. I'd say they are prettier than the F1 Emeralds, not as pretty (in terms of fire esp) as the Krupps...but overall very diamond like.
    Hope you are doing well,
    Less

Lizzrd02 likes this.
  8. Lizzrd02

Lizzrd02
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for your reply, Less! I would be very interested in that stone and a video of it if possible.

9. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

@talk-admin Hey Less! I will be interested too once these go up for sell. I had kind of gave up hope since I haven't heard back from you. I am guessing the results were good or ok from the grading lab? Will they be posted on the website next week? I seen where the Phoenix rounds were available for a while and then I think they were taken down. I am still really torn on this! my insta friend just got her Amora Krupps set and it is undeniable that it looks just like a diamond! Can you give an update when some smaller sizes like 1.5-2ct will be back in stock for the Amora Krupps? I tried to look on the schedule and I thought it said the middle of this month but I never seen any listed. I have been checking daily. Thanks Less! Hope your doing well!

10. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Angel!
    I think I got our communication channels crossed but it's my fault - I had posted back in one of the threads here under the emerald cuts to you, rather than replying in email, so sorry for any confusion there!

The lab results were that they are good - not great, not terrible.
    I guess their summary was that people would generally be happy with them, esp for the price. They are not going to outperform the Krupps, esp. in regards to fire. They will outperform the Forever One Moissanite though, and at better pricing.

Let me try and make a video though to show everyone.
    Imo, the Phoenix are a closer match to a regular diamond, vs the Krupps are a match to a spectacular diamond if that makes sense.

Also, we did do some customer testing with the rounds which may kind of apply to the emeralds - the results in rounds were 100% consistent. In viewing an Amora Eternity, the Phoenix round and the Forever One "H&A but not really" round....it went like this every time:
    1 - Customer immediately picks out the Amora Eternity, says that is the most beautiful.
    2 - Then can't tell any difference between the Forever One and the Phoenix "H&A".

Similarly, in sunshine for example, the Eternity outperforms both in terms of fire, the Forever One and Phoenix are about the same. Except Phoenix is cheaper.

For the Emeralds of course, the Phoenix shape is more consistent with the longer/thinner look which is more common in diamond. The Krupps is chunkier relatively and again, is a better match to a more high end diamond.

Anyway, let's get some video going and happy to show those and then list them so you can view in person as well. It's still an experiment here overall so let me get the video going as the next step.
    Hope you are doing well,
    Less

11. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh I missed your other question - regarding smaller size Krupps - we're moving to custom cutting for now overall for the fancy cuts.
    Thus, you can place an order for a smaller one with a $100 deposit here:
    Custom Cut Amora

We will have some more stock Krupps ready likely next week, but these will all be 3ct'sh or larger, and are the last of the 'stock cuts' for the Krupps. Basically fancy cut sales are slow and we have way too much money tied up those, so the move to custom cutting may better let us meet demand rather than trying to 'guess' what sizes will sell or not.

Hope that helps!
    Less

12. Angel

Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

@talk-admin makes perfect sense to go to custom cutting! And a relief that hopefully the waiting process won’t be so long now. That was kind of a discouragement to me with the Krupps. Me and @Lizzrd02 was kind of wondering what pricing runs on the AG Krupps? I know the $100 deposit is due to start the process but from there when would you know what you owe for the total? As always thanks for all your help Less! Can’t wait to see the video of the Phoenix

Lizzrd02 likes this.