I'm so confused! H&A moissy vs FB vs Diamonna...

Discussion in 'Moissanite Forum' started by Mschichi, Nov 23, 2016.

1. kmeltzoff

kmeltzoff
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

@mshzzle I just tried to PM you but it said I "wasn't allowed" to. I was wondering if you have any pics/videos of your certified F1? Just trying to figure out how one of their best performing stones would look in "real life", and whther I should buy one and see it in person to compare to my diamonna. Thanks!

2. mmascall

mmascall
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

Without having seen either a Diamonna or ex/ex/ex F1, I am 100% certain that the triple x F1 outperforms the Diamonna in pretty much all respects. This is due to the fact that the H&A cut does not maximize the performance of 4H moissy.

kmeltzoff and jcent like this.
  3. kmeltzoff

kmeltzoff
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Thanks @mmascall! I am happy with my diamonna and love the cut, but there's part of me that wants to see ALL THE BEST OPTIONS before setting it, even if this point I'm out of the return window for the diamonna.

4. Jose

Jose
    Expand Collapse

Do you have pictures on how it looks?

5. kmeltzoff

kmeltzoff
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Are you wondering whether I have pics of the diamonna? I think I posted them in the "diamonna" thread, which is in the "all other sims" section :)

Jose likes this.
  6. Jose

Jose
    Expand Collapse

Woops new to the forum getting a hang of all the posts! I purchased the gem but not I am in the "excited" phase to finally see it in person since all these pictures look great.

7. mshzzle

mshzzle
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

That is safe to assume.

8. mshzzle

mshzzle
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Click on the light blue "Watch on Vimeo" button inside the black screen. This is my gem. I will post another video I will take myself not in such strong spotlighting as this to show a more practical environment.

But clearly you can see the scintillation and sparkle is excellent.

And here is a comparions of the F1 (bottom) vs Diamond (Top) vs Amora Gem Ultra (middle)

#28 mshzzle, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Jose and mmascall like this.
  9. mmascall

mmascall
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

WOW! Really beautiful performance on the F1 :)

10. wiigal

wiigal
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

The diamond has great depth and clarity compared to the other two. The F1 dominates in the sparkle and scintillation department. The AG seems to be somewhere in between the two in all areas.

11. Brooklyn18

Brooklyn18
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I really want to see a diamond/neo/h&a moissy/AG comparison! It would be so nice to see them all lined up arggg

12. Mschichi

Mschichi
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately I can't hand pick mine as I'm in Australia. So where can I find information regarding the stones optical performance grade?? I was fire & brilliance site but could see the exact species.

13. Jose

Jose
    Expand Collapse

WOAH you cans see the types of gem clearly! Since they are big rocks all the features really stand out. Thank you!

14. mshzzle

mshzzle
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Go to the "Certified Moissanite" section and hover over each of the items with your mouse. It will have a grading report show up for it in the viewing area. You can also click on the item and view the grading report larger if you have a hard time reading it.

15. kmeltzoff

kmeltzoff
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I just wanted to update this thread with a video in case that's helpful for people who are trying to decide between all the options. I got an F/VVS2 diamonna a few weeks ago, and just today I received a near colorless neo from JHollywood. I've heard (and seen via instagram) that the cut of the Neo has improved a ton, and the one I got is awesome. To be totally honest, I can barely tell the difference between the two stones. Top = diamonna, bottom = neo.

Anyone have preferences? Just curious, since at this point I can't really tell the difference so I'll likely return the Neo since I'm no longer in the return period for the Diamonna, and just got the Neo today so can return it. But I'll also look at them again in the sun, since it was cloudy and the sun was going down when I took the video. I hope this helps people on the fence!

Brooklyn18 likes this.
  16. trudi

trudi
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

Very close but my eye was drawn to the top stone.

#36 trudi, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    kmeltzoff likes this.
  17. Brooklyn18

Brooklyn18
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Thank you so much for this comparison video!!! They really are so similar, I think I slightly prefer the Diamonna but only when staring at the screen over and over lol if you have any more videos I'm sure we would all be grateful for them!

18. kmeltzoff

kmeltzoff
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I have today off, so decided to take another video. Sadly it's pouring outside so I couldn't get it in the sun, but I switched the stone's positions just to keep it "fair". This time the diamonna = bottom, neo = top. I think after staring at it for a SUPER long time my eye is more drawn to the diamonna, but only by a slight margin.

19. Ada Fridley

Ada Fridley
    Expand Collapse

I just wanted to say thank you, kmeltzoff and mshzzle, for your insights, videos, and photos. I have lurked here for months and learned a lot about the pros and cons of all my options from everyone here. I bought a Diamonna today and am looking forward to getting it on my finger next week.

20. dyanne

dyanne
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

My daughter got engaged just before xmas. She wanted to go to a B&M that stocked the different types of moissanite, so she could do a comparison.

She wanted maximum "bling" and choose a forever one stone! So it all depends on what you are looking for.

My daughter just loves that her stones grabs everyone's attention, because it really does sparkle like crazy.

But if you want something more subtle, that shows the H&A pattern, then this is probably not for you.