How to PM a member?

Discussion in 'Website feedback' started by blingergrrrl, Feb 3, 2016.

1. blingergrrrl

blingergrrrl
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

I can't figure out how to private message on the new board, help!

mmascall likes this.
  2. mmascall

mmascall
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

I was wondering the same thing.

3. 2BlingorNot

2BlingorNot
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

I haven't tried this to verify it works, but if you click on your profile page (the icon to the left of the search in the top bar) there is a Conversations option. When you click on it there is a blue bar at the top that says Start a New Conversation. Hope that helps!

Eta: Oh, I also just noticed there is an upside down teardrop on the far right in the gray bar. It is a Quick Navigation Menu and also has a Conversations option.

#3 2BlingorNot, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  4. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Blingergrrrl,
    Assuming you are logged in - just click on the person's icon you want to PM, and then select "start a conversation".

You'll then have a full email like screen along with the ability to invite others to the conversation.

We're still learning all the functionality of the new board, so let us know if any issues using the conversation feature.

Hope that helps,
    Less

5. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Also, 2BlingorNot was correct that another way to reach the conversations page (equivalent to PM page) is the upside down teardrop on the top right of most pages.

That's a quick navigation button- click it and you'll see under general links "Conversations". Click that and you can select start a new conversation and enter the user's name you want to talk with.

Hope that helps,
    Less

6. jcent

jcent
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

Hi Less, I am having trouble deleting old conversations. It seems llike it migt be a bug, because I highlight and click delete and nothing happens.

7. 2BlingorNot

2BlingorNot
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

@jcent, hopefully Less will shed some light on this for you soon, but I wanted to tell you that I have deleted old conversations since moving to the new forum. Sorry I don't remember exactly how I did it, but If I remember correctly, I was not able to delete the entire conversation thread all at once. I think I had to delete each reply in the conversation separately (which was a bit time consuming.) Perhaps though there is a better way that I was unable to figure out.

8. jcent

jcent
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

lol, I hope so because I have 300 or something silly.

9. Laurie

Laurie
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

Having trouble myself with the PM/Message feature.. I get a Pop up Box Saying You may not start a Conversation with the following members and then it has a Members name.. tried to PM a few different Members..as a test to see if it was just this particular member.. This happened to all I tried...... except when I tried to PM Dana.. that PM went through.. Very strange that this is happening.. Never had that on the former forum..

10. Laurie

Laurie
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

Was told that the PM feature is **** Turned OFF by Default******.. if you are a Member that wants to receive PMs.. ***please turn ON that feature**** .. as I tried to PM about 10 different members as a test..None of my Pms would go through... Just the one I sent to Dana went through

******* Jcent you were one of them...;-) .... my PM would not go through to you... maybe you have it turned OFF which is fine too.....if you Chose that Option...*******

11. jcent

jcent
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

Thanks Laurie! I will check that. :)