Help select the Mira logo

Discussion in 'Moissanite Forum' started by talk-admin, May 21, 2011.

1. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all,
    We've actually received some initial mockups (designed by Natalie Christensen) for the Mira logo that I wanted to share.

All of these are 'rough drafts' but wanted to get your feedback and selection on what one you like best so far, and we'll pass that back to the logo designer to hone in on a final logo.

Here are the candidates:

Logo 1:
    [​IMG]

Logo 2:
    [​IMG]

Logo 3:
    [​IMG]

Logo 4:
    [​IMG]

Logo 5:
    [​IMG]

I've attached a poll for a quick choice but certainly voice your thoughts as well if you like on this thread....we'll try and select an initial winner next week and then with additional feedback, probably do one more round with mockups based of that for the final Mira logo.

Note: You can pick 2 choices for the poll....this way you can provide broader feedback since this is just round 1 of the logo review.

Thanks for your help and input!

Best regards
    Less

2. Aurora

Aurora
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

#1 Looks cool! Really jumps out at you! [​IMG]

#2 Aurora, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  3. klaudismum

klaudismum
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

Less can you have any other designs made up?

]

4. KnitWhit

KnitWhit
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

I like #3, but without the "moissanite, perfected" at the end.

#4 KnitWhit, May 21, 2011
  5. CanadianMermaid

CanadianMermaid
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

The only reason I dont like 1 is because vertical logos can be a little awkward for marketing and website purposes i find - i chose 4 and 5 i think they are more versatile for advertising and are very clean looking.

6. borismom

borismom
    Expand Collapse
    The Imperial Diamond

I like 2 the best. It is simple and straight to the point.

7. jcent

jcent
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

I like #s 3 and 4 best, in that order, followed by #5. The other ones seem less elegant and refined and I think you are trying to market this as an elegant alternative to diamonds. I think the logo should be understated, "beautiful" like the stone. I thik the "pop" factor in this case doesn't match a stone that would be used in fine jewelry. Just my 2cents. [​IMG]

#7 jcent, May 21, 2011
  8. miloandtaz

miloandtaz
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Love #1 and can easily see it beside a Mira photograph. It's like reading L to R. First you announce Mira and then you show how pretty she is.

2 is not bad but lacks pizazz

3 is too commercial and something I'd expect to see on a clothes label or mall jewelry store

4 can't be seen and I don't understand the point of underlining the 'A'(I could see the point of making the to M's more prominent though)

5 - see #2

9. miloandtaz

miloandtaz
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Adding - after reviewing #1 again I take back my vote [​IMG] The I in Mira doesn't flow well with the rest of the letters due to its lack of girth and the A should be consistent with the darkness of all the other letters. My vote goes to

Mira Moissanite

but in a better font

#9 miloandtaz, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  10. Barbara Lipsky

Barbara Lipsky
    Expand Collapse
    Omniscient

I like #3 (the 2nd version) the best because it's simple and clean, but still catches your eye. It doesn't blend into the page like the others. I also voted for #4, although I don't understand why one A is on a pedestal; it's a bit distracting because it looks like a candy corn and I keep trying to figure out why the A is accented. The faded A's (in logo #2) are cooler.

I would have voted for #5 but the font is too... meh. I'm a font snob and that font isn't doing it for me. [​IMG] I prefer the thin font.

#10 Barbara Lipsky, May 21, 2011
  11. Mike_C

Mike_C
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

My sister-in-law who is a professional graphic by trade is the one who designed these. Here are my notes from when I spoke to her about them:

Personally I like number 1, but we will also need to make a horizontal version of it.

Also, these are just my SIL first ideas. They may or may not be the final logo.

#11 Mike_C, May 21, 2011
  12. penguin

penguin
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

I voted # 5 - it's versatile, clean, and follow the kiss rule - keep it simple stupid... but agree with Milady, the font looks a little too meh.

# 1 is a hot mess that I personally wouldn't want to look at. The vertical thing is also being overdone to the point of not being memorable. And logos are about branding and recognition.

Mike, I like the idea of the hint at a diamond in the letters, kind of neat. Might need a little more play to be understood though.

DH just walked by and took a look - he prefers # 3, the 2nd version of it. I like that one too, but would want to see versions without the tag line as well.

13. opaline

opaline
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

#3, the second version with "MIRA" in bold is my favorite, it's clean and modern and will be easy to work with.

#5 is my second choice, and I'm not crazy about #2 or #4, but I really don't like #1.

The composition of #1 is very awkward, and the fact that you'll have to print the logo at a massive size for the word "moissanite" to be legible will make that logo hard to work with.

Just my 2cents [​IMG]

#13 opaline, May 21, 2011
  14. kangaroocrazy

kangaroocrazy
    Expand Collapse
    The Florentine Diamond

I vote for 5 also with the O as a diamond(moissanite)
    Mike,..my brother is also a professional, and they start to get into their own world of,..this means this,..and that means that,..
    the rest of the people looking at the logo will not understand those things............
    But like I say,..if you replace the O with a moissanite,..good word picture.

#14 kangaroocrazy, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
  15. Cricketgrrl

Cricketgrrl
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

Of this lot, I like #3b, because it explains the difference between Mira and regular moissanite at just a glance. It might be more interesting to leave the box off "Mira Moissanite" and define it by using a different font than "Moissanite Perfected" or do the latter in italic.

I also like #4 but without the A being accented. If I wasn't familiar with the name "Mira" it would cause me to wonder if the A was accentuated because it was pronounced differently, like Mi-RAY. [​IMG] If you want to mix it up, perhaps bold Mira and leave moissanite non-bold?

#15 Cricketgrrl, May 21, 2011
  16. drewjl

drewjl
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I like 2 because it's simple and telling (your moissy is better than other moissy out there).

17. Vivienne

Vivienne
    Expand Collapse

I dont know if I'm the only one here that do not like any of the designs above. They all look kind of stern to me. In my opinion, Mira is majorly a product for women, so if the logo looks a bit more feminine and fetching (a font with more curves, perhaps? ), it would probably attract more attention. Just my 2 cents!

Nothing against the Mira. I love it!!!

18. kangaroocrazy

kangaroocrazy
    Expand Collapse
    The Florentine Diamond

I agree!!!!!!!

#18 kangaroocrazy, May 21, 2011
  19. klaudismum

klaudismum
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

+1

#19 klaudismum, May 21, 2011
  20. Dana ♥

Dana ♥
    Expand Collapse
    The Centenary Diamond

i like the bottom half of #3

#1 looks like an eye exam poster, #2 looks like it should be chiseled in stone as part of some ancient ruin, #4 looks like Mail In Rebate to the power of A, or if the A was in red, then it'd look like an editor's insertion mark.

...#5 is sortof okay, like if it was in white or gray letters on dark blue or black, with that O in either glittery or metallic silver.