Flanders vs Princess cut

Discussion in 'Jewelry Forum' started by Celticlasss, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Celticlasss

Celticlasss
    Expand Collapse

I've been reading all the posts here and you ladies sound like you are probably more informed than any of the websites I've been reading through. I've been going around and around on an ring for months now (totally frustrating my fiance) lol

I started out with Diamond Nexxus and after much research decided I didn't want to do business with them. I stumbled upon the Ascha and like what I've read - including the posts here. I found this setting, the 'Lauryn' http://www.ashadiamonds.com/index.php?main_page=product_ring_info&products_id=1199

but was leaning toward a princess cut for the center stone.. now I see the Flanders and wonder if anyone here has a preference and why. Obviously I am not well schooled in this area so any advice and/or opions will be appreciated

#1 Celticlasss, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  2. Blingaholic

Blingaholic
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

you can't go wrong with either cut, Celticlasss! while i'm a huge lover of princess cuts, flanders come in a very very close second for me [​IMG] i have to admit the flanders does sparkle more.

maybe you should order both a PC and flanders loose to see which you like better before ordering your ring?

#2 Blingaholic, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  3. RooGirl

RooGirl
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

I'm with Bling I love a princess... but a flanders IMO is the perfect stone for those that love the sqaure shape with the sparkle of a round brilliant... [​IMG]

#3 RooGirl, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  4. Celticlasss

Celticlasss
    Expand Collapse

I was so excited I had finally found a ring and a company and then I had to see the Flanders stone Oooh!! They are both beautiful, I wish the websites would let you change out the stones and metal (virtually), it would make it a bit easier.

Unfortunately purchasing loose stones is out of my budget at this time (especially if I want the ring I want) *g*

I agree the Flanders seems to sparkle more, yet the princess is beautifully classic :::banging head on desk:::

I read the FLanders appear smaller than a Princess for the same size?? If I were going to order a 1.5ct Princess, should I go to a 2ct Flanders?

Thank you both for your help

5. Tigger4066

Tigger4066
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Flanders do appear smaller. I'll post pics of a one carat flanders and a one carat princess side by side. I wish I'd have gone larger on my flanders purchase but I want it to be realistic for my budget too...

6. Tigger4066

Tigger4066
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

7. Celticlasss

Celticlasss
    Expand Collapse

Oh I don't think they really look that much different in size... Perhaps I'll stick with the 1.5ct - I'm not the type for a lot of bling or flash Besides, don't want my job to think I'm marrying a rich guy and overlook me for a raise *g*

8. s2kgurl

s2kgurl
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

I have both & love them equally the same [​IMG] But I do admit, when I wear my princess E-ring it gets WAYYYYY more attention than my flanders cut does. I'll at least get 1 comment on my princess cut ring once a day when I go out somewhere (grocery store, mall, work, etc...) but I can wear my flanders cut ring all day & will not get 1 compliment on it??? I think it's b/c my princess cut ring is a flashier ring so people are more drawn to it perhaps?

Here are some pics of my 9mm flanders cut-

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8mm princess-

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#8 s2kgurl, Nov 30, 2011
  9. Celticlasss

Celticlasss
    Expand Collapse

WOW they are both gorgeous!! Are those Asha stones?

I think I will need to do some photoshopping with the setting and the two cuts - I'm very visual and until I actually see the stone in the ring I will never be able to decide

10. Tigger4066

Tigger4066
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Wow! I love both of those rings! I think the setting on the princess is flashier though. They are both amazing.

11. s2kgurl

s2kgurl
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

Thanks! The flanders is a WinkCZ & the princess cut is an Asha.

#11 s2kgurl, Nov 30, 2011
  12. holli_80_73

holli_80_73
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I just love the cut corners of the flanders..then there is a cut corner princess you could consider to get both looks in one?

13. Celticlasss

Celticlasss
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure that's an option on the Asha Diamond site, but I'd love to see a photo of one

14. RooGirl

RooGirl
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

s2kgurl... has the most stunning rings.... and I would love to be able to take pics as good as hers....

15. jcent

jcent
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

That is so funny s2kgurl, I think they are both amazing sets, but I love the flanders and pave the best of all your sets! STUNNING!

16. Barbara Lipsky

Barbara Lipsky
    Expand Collapse
    Omniscient

The flanders is my favorite set, too! I can't believe people aren't falling all over themselves trying to sneak a peek at that gorgeous set, s2kgurl! [​IMG]

#16 Barbara Lipsky, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
  17. PtyMom

PtyMom
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

18. Celticlasss

Celticlasss
    Expand Collapse

Thank you thank you thank you!! I contacted Asha and I can get the Princess with cut corners at no extra charge!! I'm very excited, will be ordering my ring next week - hopefully will figure out how to post a picture when I get it!!

~C

19. Jezebel_76

Jezebel_76
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

I have a asha princess on the bistro, if it helps anyone:)

20. SparkleDiva

SparkleDiva
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I also have a 1.5 ct flanders on the bistro that is a no longer avail CW color (H) It is beautiful.

http://www.diamondbistro.com/category/200/Man-made-(lab-grown)/listings/24378/65mm-CW-Flanders-stone.html

I prefer Flanders over Princess cut.