Favorites perfumes?

Discussion in 'Health and Beauty' started by grigsby72, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Dana ♥

Dana ♥
    Expand Collapse
    The Centenary Diamond

Re: Favorite perfumes?

been wearing Philosophy's ''living grace'' for a few days. not real sure about this one...

#901 Dana ♥, May 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  2. kaylagee

kaylagee
    Expand Collapse
    Afficionado

*bump*

I'm still on Chanel No. 19 and Serge Lutens' Iris Silver Mist. I love those! What's funny is that I recently picked up Sexiest Musk(Prince Matchabelli sp? drugstore deal) body spray. The other day I layered it with a bit of Antaeus and my husband asked ''Wow, what perfume is that?!''

LOL and *sigh* I collect (and create) perfume and I've worn sooo many over the years, I find it hilarious that this is the headturner du jour. To be fair he also likes Opium, P. Rabanne's La Nuit, and some of the Madini oils.

#902 kaylagee, May 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  3. Dana ♥

Dana ♥
    Expand Collapse
    The Centenary Diamond

i love that one! i have the lotion, shower gel, body spray (pump), body spray (can), and two different perfume versions.

it's so different, and so poorly named, but i love it.

#903 Dana ♥, May 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
    kaylagee likes this.
  4. kaylagee

kaylagee
    Expand Collapse
    Afficionado

I bought one of the pump type(it actually says Body Fantasies at the top) from ebay. The first one I got was the spray in the can.

There's this version too?

[​IMG]

Do you have this one? There are 2 perfumes? How are they different from the body sprays?

I agree, the name is funny. I keep wanting to type 'Sexist Musk'. hahaha
    ...Name and all, it's really guy-friendly, I see. I tend to prefer the aloof, cool(mostly unsweet), complex & old-fashioned or just plain weird scents ...This is a total 180 for me. lolz

#904 kaylagee, May 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  5. Dana ♥

Dana ♥
    Expand Collapse
    The Centenary Diamond

yep, i've got that one, and another in a slightly different bottle style (possibly the first version?) there's a Prince Matchabelli and a Body Fantasies - but they're the same company. both the glass-bottle perfumes smell the same, even though they've got different bottles & branding.

each product in this scent is a little different. the shower gel (i think discontinued?) is a little too wrong and masculine for me, but smells amazing on my husband. the body sprays (can and pump) smell rather like fizzy-cream-soda to me, which is both fun and pretty different.

it also layers well with a lot of other things to add a little bit of something...

(i used it with B&BW Country Apple lotion for a while, and also with their ''sweet cinnamon pumpkin'' which isn't remotely cinnamon-y or pumpkin-y)

the glass bottle perfumes in Sexiest Musk (so poorly named!) are more like Lush's American Cream conditioner a bit. they've just got a little more going on than the body sprays. a little less sweet.

i don't generally get all the products available in a scent, but at this company's price point, i found myself gradually picking up all the pieces in this scent.

PSA: Body Fantasies / Prince Matchabelli* is also the same company as Designer Imposters. and Bod Man. If you're of a certain age, you probably still have nightmares about the ''Like Giorgio? You'll LOVE Primo!'' ad campaign.

**Prince Matchabelli was once a designer fragrance house. Body Fantasies bought the name and their formulas, and the ones they still make (Wind Song, etc) have been reformulated and slightly renamed. don't confuse the discount store and knockoff Body Fantasies edition of Prince Matchabelli scents with their antique counterparts.

this company also has a Cotton Candy scent that smells (to me) like grape kool aid.
    i have no idea where they get their product names from, but a lot of them just really don't match the product.

if they'd called ''Sexiest Musk'' by the ''Cotton Candy'' name, or even Cotton Candy Musk or something, it'd probably be way more popular than it is.

... i have the same poorly-named problem with ''Forbidden'' from Victoria's Secret. which i also really like. it's about as ''forbidden'' as ''Sexiest Musk'' is, well, sexy or musky.

#905 Dana ♥, May 22, 2015
    kaylagee likes this.
  6. kaylagee

kaylagee
    Expand Collapse
    Afficionado

Ohh! Okay, I think I understand now. Thanks so much for the breakdown. Yes, I remember the old PM and Giorgio/Primo (I was born in 1970.) LOL I also saw the Enjoli, Chanel No. 5, Aviance, Charlie and other fragrance commercials too. Some of those old adverts are on Youtube. They're hilarious to watch!

My parents were really into fragrances and now I'm the same way...well actually I'm far more obsessed. haha It's so hard for me to not buy perfume, esp 'vintage'/pre-reformulation ones.

I'm going buy the 'Sexi(e)st Musk' perfume and check it out...a bit less sweet sounds good! LOLing about the alleged ''sweet cinnamon pumpkin'' by B&BW . It's hard to go by name and notes alone, sometimes I order a fragrance and it's nothing like described. The reviews at Basenotes, MakeupAlley, and Fragrantica etc help a bit to get a better idea.

I've bought lots of fragrances for my husband but the one he seems to like the most is Coriolan by Guerlain. The others just sit or I end up getting into them like Pour Monsieur, Antaeus (I looove that one and wish he'd wear it. Oh well, more for me...it's very base-y and layers well with a lot in cool weather) and the pre-reform Vetiver(Guerlain).

#906 kaylagee, May 22, 2015
  7. LondonJewel

LondonJewel
    Expand Collapse

Dior Poison
    CK Obsession
    Youth Dew
    Knowing
    Hypnotic Poison
    Chanel Allure

I have strong tastes lol

kaylagee likes this.
  8. Dana ♥

Dana ♥
    Expand Collapse
    The Centenary Diamond

Youth Dew is so pretty, and so underappreciated!

kaylagee likes this.
  9. misslanalove

misslanalove
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Hot couture Givenchy
    Pour femme D&G
    Manifesto YSL

#909 misslanalove, Jan 21, 2016
    kaylagee likes this.
  10. mmascall

mmascall
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

Dior Poison
    J'Adore
    Opium
    Flowerbomb by Victor & Rolf

And my current go-to and most favourite all time classic:

Shalimar

#910 mmascall, Jan 21, 2016
    kaylagee likes this.
  11. ebedner

ebedner
    Expand Collapse
    The Millenium Star

We recently have both been wearing Halloween Man (for him) and Halloween Woman (for me). Strange name, but they smell good! :)

kaylagee likes this.
  12. moissydiva

moissydiva
    Expand Collapse
    Smitten

Theirry Mugler's ALIEN has been a long time fav. I've recently started wearing Gucci's Bamboo, Flowerbomb by Viktor + Rolf and Tresor by Lancôme.

13. Queen of Sparkle

Queen of Sparkle
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

Chanel Chance
    Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay
    Clinique Aromatics Alixier
    Burberry Original