Expanding Eternity Studs - 5mm (.50ct) - your feedback requested

Discussion in 'Amora Gem Forum' started by talk-admin, Apr 6, 2018.

?

Do you like the option of a universal priced Eternity Studs vs. the current detailed grading?

Poll closed Apr 13, 2018.
  1. Yes, I'd prefer the lower/simplified pricing with min size/clarity and just color grading

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No, I'd want to know the details of each stone in the studs even at a higher cost.

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all,
    We've had a lot of positive feedback on our Overnight Amora Eternity Studs, and in thinking how we could best expand it to include sizes like 5mm each ear (1.00ctw, or .50ct each ear)...I have a new structure I'd like to get your feedback on.

What I'd propose would be the following - I'll call it 'universal pricing' as opposed to our more detailed pricing for the larger sizes:

1 - Simplified or universal pricing - we would offer the Overnight Studs as 'flat rate' pricing - i.e. we guarantee a minimum of .50ct each ear for the 1.00ctw, .75ct each for the 6mm/1.50ctw, and for 1ct, min of 2.00ctw.
    Correspondingly, we'd thus have flat rate pricing for each size pair of Eternity studs - example: $599 or $699 for 1.00+ctw Eternity studs, rather than having varying pricing pair to pair based on exact carat weight/clarity/color.

2 - Simplified grading - instead of the detailed full diamond report on each stone, we'll ask NAGL to simply grade color and offer them as likely D color or E color pairs. It would thus just have a credit card report verifying the color and that they are Eternities. No clarity grading, the expected average for Eternity is VVS though. Because we get a high % of D and E color in the smaller stones, we'll focus on the bulk pricing for the studs so it would be lower than normal for the best colors.

3 - True Eternitys - These would still be full fledged Eternity's (including faceted girdle, Super Ideal Proportions checked on our Sarin HD, nano-polish, etc.) but they would be expressly cut and set for the Overnight Eternity Earrings program.

The goal here is to simplify the process for us to produce in terms of the grading/sorting, and thus lower pricing for customers to own and wear the ultimate stud earrings. By reducing a lot of the individual stone to stone details in terms of grading, sorting, etc. we can produce higher volume and at lower cost and we'd pass that on in terms of improved pricing for a set of Eternity studs.

I would love to get feedback on the concept. I put a poll here if you want to provide fast feedback, or leave more detailed response below as well. All feedback is greatly appreciated!

We have a lot of 5mm (.50ct) rough about to go into lasering and I'd like to roll these out as 'universal pricing' Eternity Studs and see if this can turn into a higher scale product vs doing things as detailed, individual pairs and make it a win/win for both us in terms of production and more value for you as a customer. Basically Eternity beauty but at lower/simplified pricing. We could also offer these as loose pairs for those who want side stones for rings.

Thanks for your input!
    Less

mmascall likes this.
  2. gemcat

gemcat
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I like the idea of universal pricing for stud earrings. I don't require all the details for Amoras that I only want to sparkle in my ears.

Windblownhair and mmascall like this.
  3. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks GemCat for the feedback! Very helpful!

Our sales for the Eternity earrings are growing rapidly and we want to expand and continue that trend, so we'll start offering these under universal pricing as early as next week!
    Less

4. mmascall

mmascall
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

Can't wait!! Hoping to get an approx 1ctw pair in the four prong setting :)