Dumortierite from Brazil, 2.9cts...

Discussion in 'Colored Gems (lab grown & natural)' started by m76steve, Aug 29, 2016.

1. m76steve

m76steve
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

This is a stone that is usually seen in opaque material as agates or lapis stones. In this example, the quartz is clear with blue dumortierite crystals growing in a star-burst config within the stone, very striking to see & will make a nice pendent. In this condition, this is a rarity & in high demand. The material is about a 7 on the mohs scale & this stone is @ 10x10x7mm, trillion cut-steve...

Attached Files:

2. m76steve

m76steve
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

This is a post for an additional posted stone, a little more visible, better crystal coloring & really neat to see, I hope the pics bring out the goodies, its a quartz stone with good dumortierite growth in the stone, 9cts, 15x11x7mm in size & well cut-:cool:

Attached Files:

3. Queen of Sparkle

Queen of Sparkle
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

Thanks for sharing these gorgeous stones! They have sparked my interest & I'm off in search of them :D

4. m76steve

m76steve
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

The finished pendent in 14kt white gold-:cool:

Attached Files:

5. m76steve

m76steve
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

This is an updated post showing 3 stones, 2" tall, 14kt white gold-a unique pendent, 1 source stone from Brazil-steve...

Attached Files:

Queen of Sparkle likes this.
  6. Queen of Sparkle

Queen of Sparkle
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

I love that pendant,especially set in the white gold,it really complements the stones! I had a look round for Dumortierite,but I could not find stones of the quality you have.