Considering AG - Just have a few questions! :)

Discussion in 'Amora Gem Forum' started by michellelynn9175, May 29, 2018.

1. michellelynn9175

michellelynn9175
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone!

This is my first thread on here, so please bear with me. I have been on a hunt for a stone for a while...like over a year. I have researched moissanite to death and gone back and forth between cuts, colors, brands, sizes, settings etc. and finally settled on a round (go figure.) I have watched a ton of videos on the AG vs. diamond and it really does seem to be the best option. My goal is just to have something that is the most diamond-like. Plain and simple. And from the videos I've watched, AG fits the bill. I do NOT like the fire and rainbow sparkle the C&C F1 stones throw, plus I don't like their cuts, so I was leaning toward a NEO Diamond Cut.

However, the more I look at the Amora, the more I love it. I have emailed several jewelers that deal with moissanite and AG on a regular basis. A few of them were familiar with AG's older cuts, but hadn't seen the newer Eternity H&A. I did have one jeweler tell me that they can go dark or "gray out" in dim or night time lighting. This was also a concern from another person I had run across. Has anyone else experienced this? Was this an issue with an older cut maybe?

While the pricing is significantly less than an actual earth-mined diamond, it's still not cheap by any means and I want to make sure I'm not disappointed!

Any information you all can provide is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Michelle,
    The older Ultra cut did not perform as well in dim lighting, which I think is what the jewelers are referring to.

The new Eternity cut definitely performs much better by comparison, which is of course why we only make and offer the Eternity now :)

Definitely look forward to you seeing an Amora Eternity in person and hope the above info is helpful.
    Less

3. michellelynn9175

michellelynn9175
    Expand Collapse

Thank you Less! I was wondering if that was the case. I appreciate your honesty about the older cuts. Definitely leaning more and more toward the AG!