AVAKIAN 18k bracelet

Discussion in 'Jewelry Forum' started by King Shelton, Mar 25, 2018.

1. King Shelton

King Shelton
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

so I was digging through some pieces of jewelry at a swap meet the other weekend when I stumbled on a bracelet marked AVAKIAN and on the other side of the clasp shows 750 AL. Now I knew 750 stood for 18k so I bought it and took it home to test it. The metal held to the 18k acid though when I rubbed on the rose gold part it showed white metal underneath... not ever experiencing playing on solid gold it made me doubt the whole piece. I haven’t found anything on knockoff pieces by this jeweler but at the same time not much of their designs match the bracelet either. I also thought it odd that the brushed rose gold is darkening on some links into a purple/bluish tone. Piece ways about 19 grams. I tried reaching out to AVAKIAN through FB and email and no response so I’m now trying to see if anyone can shed light on this.

Attached Files:

2. mmascall

mmascall
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

Could it be plated in rose gold?

3. King Shelton

King Shelton
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

That’s what I’m confused about. I’ve never heard of gold being plated in rose gold. And I haven’t found knockoffs of this jewelry maker. I’m at a loss. I took a gold polish cloth to it and it polished up pretty nice. So I know it’s not stainless steel.

4. TheFloweringEarth

TheFloweringEarth
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

Did you test the white part of the metal? Maybe is 18kt white gold...that they added a rose gold wash to some of the links?

5. King Shelton

King Shelton
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

See that’s what it seems like which is the first time I’ve seen it done especially didn’t expect it from a high end jeweler. I wish I knew somewhere to get the metal tested through like a X-ray type machine to confirm.

6. TheFloweringEarth

TheFloweringEarth
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

Acid test the white metal. I have many times seen yellow gold, where they just rhodium the areas they wish to be white....and it comes off....so difficult to know when you are actually getting non plated two toned pieces.