Are Takara diamonds discontinued??

Discussion in 'Lab Grown Diamonds (real diamonds)' started by germahaitianese, May 29, 2017.

1. germahaitianese

germahaitianese
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

I have been checking periodically and left specs I'm interested in on notification page. This was about 8 months ago.

2. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Germahaitanese,
    We've stopped restocking these for now. Sales were very sluggish with most customers asking for lower prices...which won't be possible until the technology available becomes more efficient (if it can...unclear).
    Anyway, we're just selling what is left in inventory which isn't much, and will monitor the market over the next year to see if there is a good entry in the future in terms of being able to offer ideal cuts but at lower pricing.
    I haven't checked on developments on that front for a while, so I'll check in with our growers next week and see if any news.

Hope that helps,
    Less

3. germahaitianese

germahaitianese
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

Yes, it does help. Thank you Less. I purchased a 1.22 carat round Ultra last July and now I see there is a much better version and feel stuck with what I have. I figure I might as well go with a diamond because every time I purchase moissy, a better version comes out with better optics. I have an unenhanced moissy, an amora , and an now amora gem ultra. I'll keep waiting to see if my dream Takara diamonds becomes available.

4. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

I have some good news - Takara pinks have returned! We'll have these in excellent cut pink rounds starting in November!
    I'll make a new thread on this but wanted to update this one.

Best regards,
    Less

5. Annie Loves Diamond

Annie Loves Diamond
    Expand Collapse

Wonderful. Yaaaaiks <3

6. wiigal

wiigal
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor

Any news on Takara whites?

7. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Wiigal,
    Whites are still not cost effective enough to produce and sell, at a price point that would sell enough volume to offset the expense and result in enough profit to justify doing it.
    So we're not pursuing whites at this point.
    Sorry about that!
    Less