Amora Sisters, HELP!

Discussion in 'Amora Gem Forum' started by MsChanel, Mar 8, 2018.

1. MsChanel

MsChanel
    Expand Collapse

I came across this thread online with a consumer “bashing” amora saying it is just exactly like the composition of moissanite, which is silicone carbide.

I said, defending amora, that is is actually 50% Carbon and 50% Silicone. But I deleted my response as I didn’t want to get notified anymore of the response.

She said we are getting the same (moissanite minus BTD cut) for x10 the cost.

2. diamondangel

diamondangel
    Expand Collapse
    BTD Crown Jewel

If you put one of theirs next to an Amora, same shape (notice I didn't say cut because only BTD has perfected the H&A ideal cut for a silicon carbide stone), same mm size, the difference between the two would be clearly evident.

jpn520 and Mrs2Ouch like this.
  3. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Ms Chanel,
    There's a lot of confusion out there - so let me address several aspects of this question. It really breaks down into - Crystal, Cut and Polish, and Price.

1 - Crystal - so the Silicon Carbide family has over 200+ crystals that are all considered Silicon Carbide. Membership in this group just means that the composition is silicon and carbon.
    What changes is the crystal structure.
    This is just like diamond and graphite. Both are (ideally) pure carbon...yet we can see the crystal structure has a dramatic effect on the properties.

So it is with Amora, Moissanite, Cubic Moissanite, Rhombohedral 12R, 2H SiC, etc. These are all members of a family that share composition, but not crystal structure.

The Amora is a different crystal than Forever Brilliant Moissanite and the Original Moissanite that has been around for some time. That's in part why we called it Amora Gem and not simply Moissanite, b/c it's not the same. It's unclear currently if the new Forever One is the same crystal as Amora (maybe). However, for sure it's not grown the same as Cree grows with M-PVT (modified Physical Vapor Deposition) and Amora is grown under Ultra-pure CVD.
    That accounts for some differences as well such as - Moissanite is basically always color enhanced after growth, Amora is not. In addition, Amora has an average of 40% Internally Flawless vs Moissanite is average VS clarity.
    Finally, Amora has a greater % of D color vs any other Moissanite out there, which is why we also have independent color grading on each Amora.

2 - Cut and Polish: This is an easy one. Let's compare Forever One so called H&A with Amora Super Ideal Eternity. You can decide if it's the same thing or not :)

[​IMG]

And polish:

[​IMG]

The sharpness of the facet edges is important to maximize fire btw. The difference here is due to the Amora nano-polish process.

Of course, Amora has a faceted girdle just like every H&A diamond, vs. F1 has a polished girdle. I can expound more on this general section later.

3 - "10x the price" - utter nonsense.

Let's compare two sample stones:

Super Ideal Eternity H&A 1.70 7.61mm-7.63mm X 4.73mm F VVS2 $808.59 9001730
    Amora Gem Inventory

vs.
    Forever One 1.60CTW Hearts & Arrows Colorless Moissanite Gemstone
    $1,159.00
    Forever One 1.60CTW Hearts & Arrows Colorless Moissanite Gemstone

The F1 is a)smaller b) unknown clarity, and c)not a true H&A as proven above...yet is 143% *more expensive* than the Amora.
    $1159 vs $808.59.

I hope this helps provide some concrete facts to the discussion. Now, we had an F1 Moissanite here the other day and I can tell you visually it's trivial to tell the two apart.

Since there seems to be so much false information out here, I think we're actually going to start carrying F1 H&A! This way when we talk about it, people won't dismiss it as "you are just saying that b/c you are a competitor" and b)now you can trivially order one of each *and prove it for yourself*. And enjoy our 40 day return policy unlike the 15 day and also "no money back only store credit back if you return" that we see on the two sites carrying F1 so called H&A right now (not including CTHR, they seem to have a reasonable return policy).

Hope that helps!
    Less

mmascall, MimiRyan and jpn520 like this.
  4. amora

amora
    Expand Collapse

I think it’s an EXCELLENT idea to carry the f1 H&A! That way, customers can order both and compare the two! There will be no competition!

An Amora Gem exceeds all moissanites!

5. gemcat

gemcat
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Thanks, Less. There is nothing like solid facts to shut down blatant exaggerations.

6. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Just to add to this discussion - we are now offering F1 "H&A" for sale! Now you can order both and compare directly - we support this type of comparison completely b/c we know what we have with the Amora Super Ideal Eternity.

Forever One "H&A" Round Moissanite

More interesting though is we sent 4 of the Forever One (all 8mm) in to be graded at the same lab we use for Amora and Takara lab diamonds (all the graders there are former GIA diamond graders btw).

The results:
    25% = "Good" cut grade
    75% = "Very Good" cut grade
    0% = Excellent. Again, 0%.

Now if you know anything about H&A, you know that you have to score *minimum* "Excellent" cut grade under GIA standard, which is less strict than AGS, to even have a chance at H&A, or effectively AGS-0.
    Again - 0% were Excellent cut, verifying that not a single one was in fact H&A cut.

I've asked for PDF's of the certs and will post here.

(And for laughs, recall the MoissaniteCo was advertising these for many months as AGS-0 cut grade lol, until AGS labs made MoissaniteCo remove the false claim).

Certs next week!

Best regards,
    Less

mmascall likes this.
  7. MsChanel

MsChanel
    Expand Collapse

I just got my AG, and it is perfection!!! #hatersgonnahate coz they can't make it like BTD. Here's the pic attached - no filter needed, inside the house with the poorest light condition.

talk-admin likes this.
  8. MsChanel

MsChanel
    Expand Collapse

Of course I'm tech challenged and couldn't figure out how to upload this.

9. mmascall

mmascall
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

I think you have to upload to a photo sharing website like imgur and from there, post it here. A lot of people used to use photobucket until they started to charge :(