Amora Gem - The FAQ thread

Discussion in 'Amora Gem Forum' started by talk-admin, Apr 15, 2012.

1. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi TX1 and Karamia,
    We will have a large restock of the 1.5ct (7.5mm) Eternities in the next two or worst case, three weeks (i.e. Feb 15th-20th).
    We just prepped up a bunch of rough for exactly that this week and will start production on these next week.
    Hopefully with production going smoothly now, we will be able to better maintain inventory of all sizes.
    Hope that helps!
    Less

diamondangel likes this.
  2. Karamia

Karamia
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Hello Less,
    The latest restock of the 7.5mm eternities happened veryearly in the morning where I live and by the time I got the email that size was sold out. I was so bummed. What is the ETA of the next restock of that size?

3. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Karamia,
    We will have more 7.5mm next month (March). We do still have multiple 7.75 - 7.85 type ones now though. Would that work?
    Best regards,
    Less

4. Karamia

Karamia
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

That is just a tad too big for my tiny hands but thank you for offering. I prefer the 7.4-7.5 range

5. loveAmoraaa

loveAmoraaa
    Expand Collapse

I know i missed the release in december, but when will be the next e avc restock? (Around 11mm size?)
    *patiently waiting*

6. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

No problem - we will have more in that size in March!
    Best regards,
    Less

7. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi LoveAmoraaa, (great name btw :)
    Let me check and get back to you. May have some bad news on the e-AVC front, but let me double check before I update.
    Best regards,
    Less

8. Elizabeth Lotz

Elizabeth Lotz
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

Nooooo :( Please no bad news on the e-AVC front

9. Link04

Link04
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

Hi Less,

Do you have an update on when you'll have 7mm - 7.5mm sizes for Super Ideal H&A Cushion cuts?

Thanks.

10. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Link04,
    Yes - we will have a bunch of 7.5mm (sh) Super Ideal H&A Cushion ready first week in March! They are in cutting right now, and very excited to get these out as we have been sold out of that size for some time!
    Hope that helps!
    Less

11. Link04

Link04
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

Thanks for the swift response Less. I'll look forward to them.

12. loveAmoraaa

loveAmoraaa
    Expand Collapse

uhoh..... i will hold my breath until then....! CROSSING MY FINGERS!

13. loveAmoraaa

loveAmoraaa
    Expand Collapse

following up on e avc- any update on the restock schedules?

Thanks!

14. Swaye

Swaye
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

I have been researching diamond alternatives for a back up ring and came across the Amora gemstone. I did read very good things about it on several other forum pages. I have noticed time and time again,though, that many people are complaining about being on a waitlist or not being able to buy the gemstone for months and months. I tried looking on the betterthandiamond.com webpage and found outdated information on when the stone might be available or on particular gemstone pages that I showed interest in, it asked me to be added to a wishlist. I had to dig deep to find this forum to even see what was going on and to find out when a stone like the radiant might even be available. I get that there is R&D time to perfect these cuts but It seems when they do come in stock they are sold out almost immediately. If there is such a backlog, can’t additional information be added to the home page? I would like to wait and see what the product might look like but not for years? I notice on other forums that people are kind of thinking the same thing....

#974 Swaye, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  15. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Swaye,
    Thanks for the feedback! Can you advise what cut specifically you are looking at - the radiant? We're currently testing doing custom cutting with a $100 deposit, to try and ensure that we aren't 'guessing' what sizes people want are (often people sign up for multiple sizes yet they are likely to only purchase one) and this way customer's don't have to try to race to get a stone when we have a restock.

Please let me know what cut you are after and what size and then I can provide more info on the custom cutting if that is of interest.

Best regards,
    Less

16. Swaye

Swaye
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

Hi Less - thank you for your quick response. I am either interested in an antique cushion or a radiant around 2.5 to 2.7 carats (depending on what is available). It is difficult to make a decision because there are only stock pictures available on the website or insufficient videos to make a decision. I had a temporary C&C (2) carat round brilliant last winter for about 3 months while I was redesigning my wedding set. It was a near colorless and it had a yellow tinge to it and such a rainbow effect in sunlight that it never did look realistic to me. From what I read on forums about the Amora Gem is that it is the most realistic looking diamond and that is what I am after (personal choice). Reading specifically through wedding planning forums (not pricescope), most of the people seem to want this as well. There are those that love and appreciate the moissanite for what it is but many newly engaged are after a higher carat stone because they could not afford that in an equivalent diamond. People have been saying good things about your products but are talking about month’s and month’s of wait time. Not great if you are trying to get engaged or plan a wedding. There are many comments about using a ‘stand in’ but most people don’t want to get engaged or married with that.

I worked with R&D for a car company for 25 years so I know what it feels like trying to bring a product to market and I am just trying to offer some feedback based on what I keep reading. People are lining up to give you money. (Great!) but if they have to wait too long and keep mentioning that on forums about having to go elsewhere (not great!). I don’t know if you are with the affiliation of betterthandiamonds.com but they should at least update their webpage to reflect approximate wait times so people don’t have to go digging through forum pages to find out information on the product. Better pictures and videos would also help. Neo has been good at this but I still don’t think it has a realistic diamond look. Cheers swaye

Zooks64 likes this.
  17. Zooks64

Zooks64
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

I am also interested in a 2.5 ct radiant Amora to replace my Asha radiant. An update would be appreciated.

18. merlin

merlin
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Hi Les,

Is there an upgrade program? I would love to upgrade my amora ultra

thanks