Amora Gem - The FAQ thread

Discussion in 'Amora Gem Forum' started by talk-admin, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Brooklyn18

Brooklyn18
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Lauren B Jewelry works with AG as well!

jpn520 and mmascall like this.
  2. Macy

Macy
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

Re other designers, Maytal Hannah has set synthetic stones in her rings.

I've seen Leon Mege rings with synthetic center stones (Asha, Moissy) posted here before. On his website, right now, he lists Asha, CZ, and Moissanite as center stones that he will set.
    Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 2.14.41 PM.png

3. misslanalove

misslanalove
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Extraordinary-Diamond-Fine-Jewelry will also work with AG. You can also do your design and it will be done in less than a month out of NYC. Will come with an appraisal with GIA educated appraisor (forgot the company that is called).

4. eventer

eventer
    Expand Collapse

Here is the promised video of the soaring hearts and the AG Ultra. The ultra is the smaller stone in the white gold setting, a .93 E color. The SH is a 1.34 G color in the yellow gold setting. This is indoor halogen lighting - it's very dreary here today so I'll have to wait to take one outside.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="IMG 0151 - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. eventer

eventer
    Expand Collapse

Sorry about that, it's not letting me edit the post for formatting, but here is the video. Turn the sound off as I filmed this during an endless conference call!

6. Queen of Sparkle

Queen of Sparkle
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

I think that both of your stones are equally beautiful,in their own way & wearing them would make my heart sing ! :)

7. Tobia Hargrett

Tobia Hargrett
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

When will the Oval H&A be restocked? Looking to purchase 3.5-4.0 act.

8. mshzzle

mshzzle
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Not until next year.

9. Johnogem

Johnogem
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

i thought some 8 mm soaring hearts were supposed to become available today, no?

10. ubtlav

ubtlav
    Expand Collapse

Hi Less, I was just wondering if you have any plan on making an elongated/ rectangular version of the August Vintage Cushion AG?

11. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Ubtlav,
    We've discussed briefly with Jonathan and he does have a nice design for that...but we're too far out to even think of doing it yet. We need to get caught up on Soaring Hearts Eternity in the full range of sizes, and then first fancy shapes would be AVC, Krupps and H&A Cushion.
    Then we'd get into princess, Asscher and Oval.

Only after that would we look at an elongated AVC...so it's not something that is never, but could literally be years from now.

Sorry but I want to not set any false expectations!

Best regards,
    Less

12. gemcat

gemcat
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Less, please tell that you are going to do more of the Amora OECs! I have two of them and they are gorgeous.

mmascall and Cricketgrrl like this.
  13. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Gemcat,
    Glad you are happy with your OECs. Unfortunately, no plans for the OEC at this point.

It's the least requested cut of all based on our notification requests, and last time we made them it took months to eventually sell - thus it's not the case that there are lots of people who simply didn't sign up on the notification list.
    Also, the culet on it has a bad habit of damaging the robot parts while being shaped.

So much like yellow color, when demand is so low it's a huge risk to invest money into production and inventory that will not move.

Hope that helps,
    Less

ubtlav likes this.
  14. dayana

dayana
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

I've been dying for an OEC but can't afford a 2 carat diamond. Can i see a picture of your OEC amora gems?

15. gemcat

gemcat
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I don't have many photos of my OECs, but I did find this one. It is my 2.68 ct OEC.

photo 1.jpg

Dana ♥ likes this.
  16. rory12

rory12
    Expand Collapse
    Smitten

Hi Less,

I was wondering why is it that the Amora Gem has chunky/thick arrows (that overlap the hearts at times) rather than having a similar H&A cut (super ideal proportions) to diamonds and other H&A simulants/Moissanites?

[​IMG]

Actual diamond

[​IMG]

I read elsewhere on the forum that the Ultra H&A was going to no longer have thick arrows and have a more diamond like cut, but couldn't find photos.

Surely given the cutting abilities of the TIGER2 it's possible to replicate the super ideal proportions for the Amora Gem, allowing a beautiful H&A pattern.

Sorry if this has been explained somewhere else before, I tried my best searching!

Thanks.

17. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Rory,
    Thanks for the post. We don't make the Ultra anymore nor the super chunky arrows :) The new Eternity H&A is our best H&A cut and what we make with TIGER now.
    Here's the Eternity H&A arrows via IdealScope:
    Eternity-IdealScope-web.jpg

Here's a computer modeling showing the Eternity H&A in spotlighting which will let you see the arrows in movement:

The Eternity is pretty much in the middle between the Ultra thick arrows and the skinnier MoissCo H&A arrows. Actually it seems pretty close to the H&A diamond you posted!

To answer your question though as to they why we had thicker arrows before - the thickness of the arrows directly controls two things:
    a - Total Fire - thicker arrows will generate larger bursts of fire which are more readily seen. Thinner arrows will generate smaller, more twinkly flashes. As you can see, we've found the optimal balance is pretty much right in the middle - not too thin, not to thick.
    b - Scintillation - the arrow shafts also influence the speed of On/Off as the Amora or light source is moved - this is Scintillation. Too thin and you get a splintery on/off speed and too thick it looks 'slower'. Again, perfect balance between too thin and too thick is optimal.

Anyway, with the Ultra we were looking to max out total fire which was what led to the large arrows even while trading off other aspects. It did accomplish that goal, but we had a lot of requests for not so thick arrows as it looked less diamond like.

Further modeling, including stereoscopic modeling work, found the optimal balance for the arrows and thus the Eternity H&A with it's perfectly balanced arrows.
    (Note if you are wondering why we don't have photos - we are just now at the point of having enough production to really get back into the marketing aspect and showing off the Eternity H&A. We'll be sending one of our 8mm or 9mm for proper studio photo and video and then I can show those right next to the photos you included above).

Hope that helps!
    Less

18. rory12

rory12
    Expand Collapse
    Smitten

Yes that helps a lot! Thanks for the clarification.

I guess it got all confusing with the different names and the main image of the Eternity H&A on the shop page.

The arrows look perfect now, great job!

No plans to get more Tiger machines? Surely the demand is HIGH :p It seems you are losing out and we are losing out hah.

19. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Rory12,
    Thanks for the kind words re: the Amora Eternity Arrows!

Sorry for any confusion re: images,page - as noted we still have some work to do on the marketing side, starting with the new photos/videos, cleaning up the main product page which has Ultra references, etc. That will all be happening over the next month now that we have achieved stable, repeatable, excellent weekly production over the past month.

Re: TIGER plans - more are coming soon! We have TIGER-2 arriving next week, and TIGER-3 completing this month and into production hopefully in May. Thus, should have 3x the production we've ever had by late Spring :) We've also got the biggest amount of 8mm - 10mm rough in laser cutting that we've ever had - so Eternity H&A production and availability should be much improved!

Best regards,
    Less

20. Sadiebelle

Sadiebelle
    Expand Collapse
    Smitten

Oh please oh please let there be ovals this year!