Amora Gem 'Super Ideal' Krupps (Emerald) cut - measurements and update

Discussion in 'Amora Gem Forum' started by talk-admin, Jul 24, 2017.

1. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all,
    Thanks to your feedback we have finalized the Amora Super Ideal Krupps design and will start lasering rough for it in August!

I wanted to note that the 'chunky' size that was the winner (length - width 1.268) is also the best performer in terms of light handling vs the more elongated cut options. Generally, the more 'stretched' one dimension is, then you trade off silhoutte vs total light return. So I'm really happy the chunky one was the winner.
    [​IMG]

1 - Measurements - I wanted to post out the measurements of the various possible sizes we'll be producing, along with estimated diamond equivalent carat weight (volumetric and exact, not Moissanite 10% inflated style :). I would expect 9x7mm and 8 x 6.22mm will be among the first available.

[​IMG]

2 - Notifications - you can sign up to be notified of Krupps restocks on our waiting list.
    Notify Me!

We may consider doing reservations for the Krupps but right now it's just going to be waiting list only at this point.

3 - Schedule - we expect to laser up some of the first Krupps rough in mid-August and thus with processing and grading, have these available for sale in October.

Thanks again for the feedback from the polling page to ensure we are producing the most beautiful and appealing Krupps (Emerald) anywhere!

Best regards,
    Less

jpn520, lluong5, majxkristina and 2 others like this.
  2. jeanie

jeanie
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Hi Less,
    Miss Chunky is breathtaking, just absolutely stunning!
    Thanks for your message. I know there's going to be a 4 carat, or thereabouts, Miss Chunky with my name on it!
    jeanie

3. jpn520

jpn520
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

Hello Less, I really appreciate this!

Quick question, although the chunky look won, will there be a production down the road for the 1.40 ratio for those who prefer a more rectangular look?

Thanks!
    Penelope

4. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Penelope,
    We'll first catch up on the waiting list with the Krupps chunky (1.286 l:w) and then only after that would we consider offering some 1.40.
    I'm not against doing it but the more variations we do on a cut, the more rapidly it becomes inefficient as our current pricing relies on volume, rather than smaller runs for more specific ratios.
    Anyway, lets get the Krupps chunky into production along with our other planned cuts, and we can revisit the 1.40 after that.
    Thanks for the feedback on this as it does help with our long term production planning.

Best regards,
    Less

5. JeweLover

JeweLover
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

This is so incredibly exciting! I love seeing the progress and growth of BTD over the years! I love the chunkier version of Krupps. Less, would you kindly clarify, when signing up on the notification list, there is only one mm option - should we be doing so based on the shorter mm length or longer?