Amora Eternity vs Ultra

Discussion in 'Amora Gem Forum' started by amora3622, Dec 27, 2017.

1. amora3622

amora3622
    Expand Collapse
    Curious

Hello,

What are the differences between the eternity and the ultra? How did this change come about? I thought the ultra was the "ultra gem" and there were to be no more changes.

Thank you in advance

2. Sadiebelle

Sadiebelle
    Expand Collapse
    Craving

I have both. I find the eternity to be much more crisp and diamond like compared to my Ultra H&A. The facets on my ultra look blurry and less precise.

Changes are bound to happen. Just like Ferrari say they have created the ultimate sports car- there’s always going to be improvements.

3. mmascall

mmascall
    Expand Collapse
    Connoisseur

I think the different cuts came about for a couple of reasons. The number one reason, I believe, is due to BTD's stated goal of making the world's best gem which likely led to more R&D and collaboration with expert cutters as well as the use of cut modelling software. BTD is the leader in H&A cut SiC - they did it first and they probably do it best.

There were also some complaints about the AG Ultra - arrows too thick, facets that didn't appear sharp, lack of scintillation - BTD likely wanted to see if these issues could be addressed. Here is a video comparing both:

While this is not the best video, I do think it highlights the most noticeable differences very well. The Ultra has larger, chunkier flashes and the Eternity has finer, more frequent flashes. The Ultra appears to steal the show in this side-by-side comparison but, in real life, especially when you're not likely to be wearing two large stones with different cuts next to each other, it wouldn't really matter. To my eye, the Ultra more closely resembles an OEC or transitional cut and the Eternity a MRB H&A cut. Both equally beautiful in different ways.

#3 mmascall, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Sadiebelle likes this.