Amora Eternity H&A vs Forever One Moissanite - Girdles

Discussion in 'Amora Gem Forum' started by talk-admin, Mar 27, 2017.

1. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi all,
    We recently purchased 8 different Forever One Moissanites mostly to check their claim of having 58 facets (false - 57 facets) but this was also an opportunity to show you the difference in the girdles.

Amora Eternity H&A - 64 facet girdle (note due to the zoom on the girdle the rest is a bit out of focus):
    Amora-Eternity-Girdle-Zoom-web.jpg

F1 Moissanite girdle - Polished for 95% and left rough where they will engrave:

F1-Girdle-3-roughfinish-web.jpg

Diamond - 64 faceted girdle (no image permissions so just providing a link for now):
    http://www.onlinediamondbuyingadvice.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/GIA-Laser-Inscription.png

Basically all higher end diamonds and esp. H&A diamonds are faceted.

The polished girdle is an immediate flag that's it's not a diamond btw. The engraving is actually hard to find, vs the girdle itself is pretty simple to see.

In our opinion, the faceted girdle simply looks more perfect on the round cut, befitting a forever stone, and is why we do it on all our H&A Amora's.

Best regards,
    Less

#1 talk-admin, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Otownbling likes this.
  2. rory12

rory12
    Expand Collapse
    Smitten

The girdle looks superb on the Eternity H&A! Are the 64 facets polished like a diamond as well or are they natural?

3. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Rory,
    100% fully polished girdle facets, all 64, on the Amora Eternity H&A girdle :)

Creating the 64 facet girdle consumes up to 35% of the processing time for the Eternity as it has more total facets than the main top and bottom combined (64 vs 57).

We could arguably produce 30% more Amora's per week if we just cut corners and did the generic polished girdle as all other diamond alternatives do.

But our goal with Amora Eternity is for it to be the Ultimate H&A Gem, so every detail is properly handled just like the best H&A diamonds. You will never find an H&A diamond with a polished girdle btw.

Can't skimp if you want to be the best - and as noted, our goal is for the Eternity H&A to be the Ultimate H&A round for customers.

Hope that helps,
    Less

rory12, ubtlav and mmascall like this.
  4. Loveatfirstdish

Loveatfirstdish
    Expand Collapse

Is there a page that compares each of the Amora Gem versions? I have the Amora Gem Ultra and wanted to see how many facets it has.

5. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Loveatfirstdish,
    All H&A cuts have 57 facets - so your Ultra also has 57 facets.
    Hope that helps!
    Less

Loveatfirstdish likes this.
  6. rory12

rory12
    Expand Collapse
    Smitten

Hi Less,

I saw a thread on Pricescope where someone was commenting (with some images, I'll put links below) that the facet edges of the Amora Gem (probably the moissanite version) aren't sharp like a diamond, that the Amora Gem edges were sort of smooth/rounded?

I know this isn't related much to the girdle, but does the TIGER produce as sharp edges (under say 30/60x magnification) as "hand cut" diamonds (or hand cut moissanites for that matter)? It would be great if you could clarify that!

Many thanks.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/attachments/9846266-jpg.387439/
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/attachments/7003429-jpg.387437/
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/attachments/9406732-jpg.387438/
    Original Thread Moissanite and Asha (manmade) diamond vs real diamonds

7. mshzzle

mshzzle
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

Less is sending me a 9mm sample soon to put under 288X magnification here at my engineering lab and I will be sure to get a shot of this the best I can to show you what it looks like up real nice and close.

rory12 likes this.
  8. rory12

rory12
    Expand Collapse
    Smitten

Wow, that's a huge number.

I placed my order yesterday for an Eternity H&A with a Timeless Regal setting and I have no doubt it's an amazing stone, just wanted to see if anyone knew (at the top of their mind) if basically the Tiger cut and hand-cut produce the same sharp edges.

Looking forward to your super size image! And receiving the ring :)

Will you be doing comparison shots with a hand-cut diamond?

9. mshzzle

mshzzle
    Expand Collapse
    Fiend

I don't have any loose diamonds on hand to compare to.

The Eternity H&A he is sending is a 8.7mm E color Internally Flawless. I have a 9mm F1 moissanite I will be doing a comparison with. It's a lab certified Excellent cut, top grade D Color, VVS2.

The facet edges of the Eternity are as good as the most premium cut diamonds. TIGER is insanely precise. I can't speak for the specific method that TIGER creates faceting because Less keeps proprietary information closely guarded to prevent foreign companies from copying his methods(Chinese manufacturers are notorious for ignoring Intellectual Property and Patent laws in every category of business and consumer product imaginable.), but I would imagine the same basic concept is applied whether it is hand-cut or robotic cut.

Less has posted a couple fairly magnified shots of the Eternity on the forums that should adequately display this. Look at the image at the start of this thread. Those edges are crisp and sharp. No rounding or smoothing whatsoever. At 288X magnification though, you will be able to see virtually every microscopic flaw. This is to demonstrate how good the cutting and polishing methods used for Eternity H&A really are even at a microscopic level.

rory12 and ubtlav like this.
  10. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Rory12,
    The Amora Eternity facet edges are sharp,and I think you can see that in the photo above.

Unlike CZ or other softer gems which simply won't hold a sharp facet edge due to the inherent crystal softness, the Amora has it's own unique challenges to achieve crisp facet edges,namely that it's very tough and hard and fights hard during faceting.
    It's not a function of whether hand cut or not, but rather a function of what materials and processes are used to do the final polishing process. We've seen rounded facets on the moissanite version which were hand cut, and we had rounder (relatively) facets on some of the first Amora Gems (not CZ rounded but not as good as now).

We've had to work through many, many different materials and processes to optimize the sharpness due to Amora's toughness and avoid rounding, but they are quite sharp now.

Hope that helps,
    Less

rory12 and ubtlav like this.
  11. rory12

rory12
    Expand Collapse
    Smitten

Hi Less, does the AG have the serial/certificate number engraved on the girdle of the stone? Or is there no way to identify it besides the dimensions.

12. talk-admin

talk-admin
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Rory,
    We don't engrave on the Amora's. The engraving can sometimes end up reflecting into the stones so we don't do it.

Thus you can id via weight and dimensions.

Hope that helps,
    Less

rory12 likes this.